Bellazon

Music of 2012

donbot

:laugh:

(Y) to the Jack. Do you know who's singing on that track with him?

It's a Nashville singer by the name of Ruby Amanfu. Apparently, she's been around in various guises since the late 90s, but this is the first I've ever heard of her. Quite a few interesting videos kicking around YouTube, though... :hehe:

^You can always keep this thread propped up :laugh:http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?sho...4023&st=300

Indeed I could but i fear it just be me on my todd :laugh::ninja:

But seriously i am forever the guy who runs into the room, shouting omg guys have you heard of this band, to which is almost always replied back by, "Seriously, thats been out for ages" <_< :laugh:

^ :laugh:

Well don't be discouraged from posting. There's always lots that passes me by too

(Y) to the Jack. Do you know who's singing on that track with him?

It's a Nashville singer by the name of Ruby Amanfu. Apparently, she's been around in various guises since the late 90s, but this is the first I've ever heard of her. Quite a few interesting videos kicking around YouTube, though... :hehe:

Nice voice :hehe:

New Feist video:

Also went to the Big Day Out last weekend. Highlight of the day for me was Cage the Elephant - fucking awesome show, and their first time in Aus.

Best Coast, Kimbra, The Jezabels and Röyksopp all smashed it too (Y)

^ Word on the street thats all. I was told by a few friends who traveling through Australia that the radio dJ's were introducing music that was released in the UK before they left (roughly 4 months prior) Along with tv shows as well. So i assumed you got your music fix solely through the internet in order to stay current

^ Word on the street thats all. I was told by a few friends who traveling through Australia that the radio dJ's were introducing music that was released in the UK before they left (roughly 4 months prior) Along with tv shows as well. So i assumed you got your music fix solely through the internet in order to stay current

Oh. Not quite sure how that related to the Laura Marling thing, but ok :laugh:

TV shows and movies, yes.. although I think the delays have decreased in general over the last decade, and a lot of bigger movies tend to get worldwide release dates now anyway.

Music is right there though, although I suppose it depends which radio station you're talking about. All the good stuff is pretty much released here the same time as everywhere else - and we even get some pretty tasty world exclusives sometimes :brows:

Commercial radio stations tend to be rather behind though. Like if you take a crossover artist (i.e. one that does well in the mainstream, but is also actually good, like Florence & The Machine), they'll latch onto a single that's already been out for a couple of weeks and play the shit out of it for a month.. meanwhile Triple J (best ever :chicken:) has already moved on to the next single and/or other fresh and exciting things <_<

^ Well regardless, it doesn't seem to stop you from having your hand on the pulse (is that even a saying :unsure::laugh: ) Not quite sure how that relates to Laura Marling either :hehe: But as it happens huge fan of her work..anyway. Still listen to her first album a lot more then the others.

Have you got a last fm account? Be interested to see your charts :)