Bellazon

Margot Robbie
Thumbnail

dawson

She's gorgeous! first time I watched her was in Neighbours and always thought she was beautiful and her acting was very good (one of my favourite characters!). I didn't like it when she left but so nice to see her get her big break :).

Margot's interview for Marie Claire:

On her look: “I know that my look is more ‘toothpaste model’ as opposed to artsy, which sucks because I can play those roles.”

On her lifestyle: “I have a normal 24-year-old life. If I were a waitress, I’d probably have the exact same lifestyle. I’d go to the same clubs I go to already, live in the same house with the same housemates, hang out with the same people.”

On her love life: “I am officially off the market… I made a conscious decision not to date actors, but not because I hate actors. That’s a nasty generalization to make, and that’s not the case… People take such an interest in your love life when you have a profile, it puts a lot of stress on a relationship. So two people with profiles, I figure it’s just double the amount of scrutiny, and I’d like to avoid that at all costs.”

On her bad habits: "When I eat, I have to chop up everything on the plate and stir it all together. It devastates my mom. Everyone at the table is like, 'That looks like cat vomit.' And I stir my Coke with a spoon until it's flat."

On attending an elite private school though money was scarce: "It was weird because a lot of my friends were very wealthy. It was interesting to see what you can have in life and know what it was like not to have it. It makes you very ambitious. It seemed horrible at the time, but I'm grateful I had it that way, because I knew what I wanted to achieve."

On her attitude: "I'm so overly optimistic to a fault, but this job has made me start questioning people's motives…I have never been a cynical person. I'd rather trust nine people and have the 10th one stab me in the back. I'd take that fall in order to have those nine friendships or working relationships instead of having none. That's not living."

Wolf of Wall St star Margot Robbie reveals she feared having peaked too soon

BRIANA DOMJEN

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

FEBRUARY 08, 2015 12:00AM

Margot Robbie tells Vogue Australia she was worried by the success of “The Wolf of Wall Street”.

HER provocative performance in The Wolf of Wall Street put her on the radar of Hollywood heavyweights but Margot Robbie fears she may have peaked too soon.

The former Neighbours actor played Naomi Lapaglia in the Academy Award- winning film, the trophy wife of stockmarket fraudster Jordan Belfort, played by Leonardo DiCaprio.

The role made her a bona fide movie star, and she has lined up a number of roles which will cement her position as one of Hollywood’s up-and-comers.

“Even I admit I may have peaked too soon,” Robbie told Vogue Australia. “Wolf was so insane and doing it was such a crazy, amazing experience. But once I’d done it, or while I was doing it even, I didn’t see how I could possibly move things forward from that because that was just so incredible.”

But she has moved forward and has clearly made a lasting impression on Hollywood.

Robbie has since secured a role as the Joker’s sidekick, Harley Quinn, in Suicide Squad, a DC Comics blockbuster starring Will Smith and Jared Leto.

And Robbie stars again with Smith in comedy crime caper Focus, which opens next month. Her star is set to shine for some time, we think.

The March issue of Vogue is on sale on February 16.