Bellazon

Jake Gyllenhaal
Thumbnail

Brenna

• 4 weeks later...

I adore the man, and I'm shocked he wasn't here already!

Full Name: Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal

Height: 6' (1.83m)

Mini Bio (by Jack Pearce from IMDB): Jake Gyllenhaal, (last name pronounced Jill-en-hall), was born in Los Angeles, California, on December 19, 1980 to director Stephen Gyllenhaal and Offspring producer/screenwriter Naomi Foner, and is the brother of actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, who played his sister in Donnie Darko. His father is of partial Swedish heritage and his mother is of Ashkenazi heritage. Jake Gyllenhaal made his film debut at age eleven in City Slickers playing Billy Crystal's son and began to establish himself as an up-and-coming actor in such films as October Sky (2001) before being cast in the title role in Donnie Darko (2001), for which he was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for best actor. Gyllenhaal's performance as a troubled psychotic won him excellent reviews and the film quickly received cult status. He played opposite Jennifer Aniston in another Sundance favorite in 2002's The Good Girl and once again earned good reviews. Gyllenhaal also starred in the Walt Disney romantic comedy, Bubble Boy alongside Swoozie Kurtz and in the science fiction blockbuster The Day After Tomorrow, which also starred Dennis Quaid. The movie was considered a commentary on the possible effects of global warming, if they continue to be ignored.

Making his theater debut, Gyllenhaal appeared on the London stage with a starring role in Kenneth Lonergan's revival of This Is Our Youth. The play, which had been a critical sensation on Broadway, ran for eight weeks in London's West End. Gyllenhaal's performance in Jarhead with Jamie Foxx came as a surprise to critics and fans alike. Gyllenhaal played a markedly hostile, masculinely violent Marine during Gulf War I, while balancing this with the sensitive, vulnerable qualities of the lead character. Brokeback Mountain (2005), which stars Gyllenhaal and Australian actor Heath Ledger as sheep Herders whom fall in love in the 1960s and depicts their relationship over the 1960s, 1970s and early 1980s. The film went on to win four Golden Globes, four BAFTA Awards and was nominated for a leading 8 Academy Award nominations including Best Picture.

On January 31, 2006, Gyllenhaal was nominated for an Academy Award in the category of Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Brokeback Mountain. Gyllenhaal's most notable relationship has been with actress Kirsten Dunst. He is friends with Maroon 5 front-man Adam Levine, having met him all the way back in Kindergarten. He is close with his sister's boyfriend and co-star in Jarhead, actor Peter Saarsgard . He has two dogs, a German Shepherd named "Atticus" and a Puggle named "Boo Radley" (both dogs are named after the characters of his favorite book, To Kill A Mockingbird). He is also the godfather of Matilda Rose Ledger, daughter of actor Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams, his co-stars from Brokeback Mountain. Fans of the actor refer to themselves as "Gyllenhaalics." Gyllenhaal's career is already booming and he is often considered "one of the most promising actors of his generation."

post-4110-1148499478_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499494_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499531_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499552_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499565_thumb.jpgpost-4110-1148499582_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499607_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499623_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499633_thumb.jpgpost-4110-1148499642_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499651_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499663_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499673_thumb.jpgpost-4110-1148499685_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499706_thumb.jpg post-4110-1148499718_thumb.jpg

weird, i'm pretty sure he's already got a thread :blink:

I searched the whole forum, and didn't see anything, so I'm guessing it might have been deleted?

He was pretty good in Jarhead. (Y)

I've not seen that yet, I'd really like to though, I've heard it's amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...