Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

5. Or it was a tradition every year they tune in (I know tons of people like that)

6. College parties to view the show (There were thousands of those going on)

Ok, I couldn't resist these, but seriously? This isn't the Super Bowl.... You may have a few groups of giddy girls who dragged their boyfriends in, but to even try and compare it to a sporting event is laughable.. College boys don't give a shit, and college girls are more interested in frat parties getting f*cked and football parties.

Anyways, I am not arguing about this, you're all entitled to your opinions just as I'm entitled to mine. I think you're grossly over exaggerating the popularity and the presence of these women in the world but that's just me. At this point I don't care, I am not going to beat a dead horse because it doesn't accomplish a whole lot other then creating a mess.

I am absolutely agree with you phenobarbie.I certainly love Miranda, Adriana and Candice and I like everything they do but how some people live only to them seeing nothing around is just ridiculous .. Guys, look around, life goes ...

Actually they highlighted several college parties on some local news stations, as well as on the pre-show for VSFS about the parties going on...so.

Also I'm not saying everyone tuned in to see the girls, I'm saying there are MANY reasons people tuned in not just the girls or the performers, but to say the performers pulled in the biggest crows is beyond misleading.

Either way VS got the ratings...so moving on.

I downloaded it bc of the girls :D

Anyway, don't want to write what it's already written.. in short - I was more excited watching all the pics and vids before show. When that 29th came and I watched it, I had a feeling I've already seen all :D

Biggest dissapoitment was Anja before the show, and after watching it, I had two biggest dissapoiments - her and Karlie. They are both too skinny and looked disguisting in motion. Karlie has great and perfect walk, but her "moves like Jagger" and all those bones...oh my! Terrible!

That kind of girls got more looks then Emanuela :angry:

I really missed KK and Isabeli too. And Edita and Magdalena! Hope to see all of them next year!

Guess I am in the minority that I watch a program for what it is about, not the special guest or musical act. There have been movies that have had my fave actor or actress in it, but if the movie doesn't interest me I don't watch it. And I certainly still find it hard to believe that people that don't like or know vs would watch it just for one song by an artist, but again, I guess that is just me.

Moving on though, I did enjoy the show when the real angels were on it. The "cookie cutter" fill in ones though were a turn off and just seemed so out of place to me.

Though I felt the set, outfits and atmosphere was better this year than last, I felt the talent as a whole (all the models) was better last year than this year due to those no name models in it.

Though I felt the set, outfits and atmosphere was better this year than last, I felt the talent as a whole (all the models) was better last year than this year due to those no name models in it.

I kind of agree, Sweet Lu. I miss Fabiana this year, but it wasn't meant to be. Some of the veterans, so to say, would be awesome in the show. I mean women who were shot for them but haven't walked a show before, or rarely.

Cinita, Fabiana are two I have in mind as I type this.

I think it would be way more interesting with them, and not all these cookie cutter cuties that walked this year.

i have to admit i haven't sat down and watched the show for the last two or three years :ninja:

i've watched bits and pieces of this year's and i don't get the blurring thing :idk: though i do remember noticing they cut down on the butt/turn around shots over the last few years so i'm assuming it's a network thing...even though they did it before... <_<

and just to contribute i've always watched it for the models/girls in lingerie :p i enjoy the artists performance but i probably would still enjoy it with just good music playing and no artist.

There are several types of people who tuned in for the show. Sorry to say, bust just 600k tuning in for the show is bull...again I'm willing to say 50/50 and that's on the low side. There are MANY MANY people who tuned into the show for many reasons

1. They shop VS and watched the show

2. There was really nothing else on and it was good to tune in to

3. They actually have a favorite model and wanted to check it out

4. They actually love the VS brand and watched it for that

5. Or it was a tradition every year they tune in (I know tons of people like that)

6. College parties to view the show (There were thousands of those going on)

7. People who tuned in for the artists

I'm not saying the artists didn't pull in people but to compare them with google search results..how about run them in google trends the for the Month of November 2011, run Kayne, Adriana, and Maroon 5 you'll see Adriana and Maroon 5 are pretty equal all month with Maroon being a tad bit higher, but near the end of the month (or the day the show aired) Adriana spikes majorly above the rest. So yes while certain people tuned in to see the performers, I'd say honestly it's probably more 25/75 than 9,000,000 tuning for the performers.

I was on twitter with several friends that night and had several gf's over to watch the show and I was watching my best friends twitter account on her phone (she was checking at the same time) and I on mine several people we knew along with people in the general search of #VSfashion show were tuning in to see the show...barely any mentioned the performers. If they did most of it was not in good light (aka Kanye)

I would consider being in this group lol more seriously though, RTW models make the show interesting personally I would never consider watching VS for the VS models themselves anyways those who are tagged as so (Ambrosio, Lima...) rare exceptions for Rosie, Miranda and Candice whom I consider to be beyond the intrinsic limits of the brand... Well the list of the reasons I watched the show this year is pretty easy, Karlie, Constance and Lily D. unless perhaps Karlie, most of the general public doesn't know about the remaining and I live in the Caribbean which makes matters even worst... so I guess by definition watching the show for the models is certainly a very small group.

The last time I sat to watch VS from A to Z was 2007, that was one heck of a show and must admit Gisele B

I kind of agree, Sweet Lu. I miss Fabiana this year, but it wasn't meant to be. Some of the veterans, so to say, would be awesome in the show. I mean women who were shot for them but haven't walked a show before, or rarely.

Cinita, Fabiana are two I have in mind as I type this.

I think it would be way more interesting with them, and not all these cookie cutter cuties that walked this year.

I agree. Maybe instead of spending money on Katey Perry or Kayne, use it to get Gieselle back for a one night appearance or some of the other vets. This is VS biggest show of the year, but the use of these no name models didn't make it feel like that.

my opinion about the show:

first segment:

I didn't not like the opening of the show, I think Candice's walk suck, but her body is amazing and her face is annnoying.

I didn't like Lilly walk and not a fan of her I think she was boring

Alessandra was annoying she needs to stop with making silly faces, hands gesture, she's 30 and it looks bad for her to act like a 12 year old she needs to stop been silly it doesn't go with her.

Chanel was so cute and annoying

Doutzen was beautiful a little annoying

Lais was fantastic

Miranda she's a cutie pie

I did not like that they use karlie kloss for the casting they should have use shanina shaik she is pretty

second segment I didn't like the performace with kanye west I think it was bad

Adriana look hideous and was annoying she needs to stop with the silly face, hand gesture she is 30 not 12 to be acting like that

Lindsay she was cute and fun

karlie eww she's to skinny you could see her bone on the leg and she's ugly too

Izabel she was cute

Joan smalls she's pretty

behati she was boring

erin she cute and awesome

when the model were talking about super power I think doutzen look gorgeous and chanel look so cute, and erin look pretty when she give a kiss

3rd segment I like all the outfit, I like alessandra outfit alot, on this segment was my favorite especially the outfits

Alessandra opening sucks, but her outfit was gorgeous then againg she was annoying

candice I like her outfit, hate her walking

marina I don't like her

I think it was stupid interrupting the show with adri changing outfit who cares, I want to see the show not adri changing outfit

Doutzen was beautiful, she has a gorgeous face, not a fan of her body is to manly for my taste but I do like her legs she has nice legs, her outfit was really nice she was stunning

Lais is very pretty but she look too skinny for my taste.

then again I was irritated with the adriana interruption who cares about adriana, I wanted to see the show, vs act like she's god or something

Behati not sure if it was her the model after lais she was boring

adriana outfit was nice but she was annoying and her closing the segment suck, adriana please don't smile you look so much better serious

my favorite part of the show was when the angel were showing their baby picture I like the moment of the show, erin was a cute child she looks like my brother in law niece

Fitting with Miranda with the fantasy bra I like it she seems so cute and adorable, and very nice I am so glad they change her underwear the yellow thing in the middle of the underwear look horrible, I wish the fantasy bra wouldn't have the thing in the middle hanging out from the bra is ugly I think the bra would looks so much better without the bra itself looks very nice they added to much to stand out, I think it was enough with the wings

fourth segment I like the performance adam levine is so sexy

Miranda did great opening the segment she was so adorable and cute, I like that she look so fresh. I like her wing and I like how the bra stand out with the wing, I like how it was on the opening and not thrown in the middle like last year that I didn't even notice when the fantasy bra came out in the runway

lindsay was alright

anne I don't like her I think she looks like a plane jane, but i think it look cute her and adam holding hands and adam giving her a kiss that was so cute, even though he is too good looking for her

who is the model before erin? she looks like joan smalls she was pretty

erin she was my favorite on this segment I like her outfit, she was cute and gorgeous and she was amazing, divine on the runway.

who was the model after erin she looks like Lais? she's pretty

marina I did not like her, she was horrible

karlie kloss I don't like her

I didn't like the performance with Jay-z I think it was bad who was the other guy? was the kanye?

When the model were talking about each other I didn't like how they made candice look, she seems conceide

and adriana seem like she's in love with herself, behati looks like she would be a fun a person, she seem very normal, lilly is just ugly, i think she's the ugliest angel vs have ever had, and erin seem very down to earth, she looks so normal, she's a very pretty geek

5 segment

Doutzen was divine, and fantastic on the opening, she is very pretty

alessandra look hideous

Izabel is such a nicer version of alessandra

emanuela I don't like her

cameron Russel she looks like eva mendes, I already think eva is pretty ugly, so yeah I think cameron is pretty ugly too

candice her face is annoying but she has an amazing body

shanina she was the prettiest model from the whole show, vs needs to do something with her quick she rock the show she was fantastic she was my favorite rookie

adriana her outfit was amazing I like it a lot, she just need to stop been so annoying, she is a pain in the a.s.s to watch, don't get what is so great about her, her body is not even nice she is too square for my taste

miranda she was very cute, and she rock the closing the segment.

pink segment it was the worst segment hated the all the outfit nicky minaj was a mess horrible performance, the song, hated everything and she is very ugly too. I feel like the pink segment is getting worse and worse every year the only I like was the opening erin was great at it

Erin rocks the runway she amazing in opening the show, it was the best opening, she should have open the show, she's good at that, she stand outs her owns it.

behati bring motion to the show, I just don't get her appeal,

Lais she was beautiful

shannanclick? was that her in the show it looks a lot like her she's boring

chanel she's very cute but she's annoying

Elsa she is so cute, I like her

lilly she was horrible at the show, she was the worst from the whole show, she looks like the joker

lindsay she's very cute she looks like a barbie doll, she was fun, I kind off like her, she's growing on me

karlie can't believe she close the show she sucks balls, she's so ugly

overall my favorite from the angel is Erin, Lais, and Doutzen.

Erin rock it, Lais was stunning beautiful, and Doutzen was gorgeous

my favorite rookies Shanina and Elsa

my favorite from the whole show in particular order 1. Erin 2. Doutzen 3.Shanina 4. Lais

I miss Rosie really bad.

Sorry if I offended or insulted anybody but that is my opinion, and my taste of beauty.

a few of my girls asked me if i thought that VS was getting too gimmicky after the show aired...i don't think they are..i mean

i think we all agree some of their outfits leave most of us feeling like WTF? :blink: :yuckky: <_<

I'm one of the ones who loves themes for the show, but maybe it won't hurt to cut back i guess?

idk, what i do know is that the great gatsby is being filmed directed by baz luhrmann and should be a smash at the box office this summer

(LEO, CARREY AND GEMMA!!!! :heart::heart: :drool: )

not to mention that 20's inspiration was seen in the spring collections recently..

so my point, why not do a flapper's inspired theme..imo, it would be relevant...

that era is considered to be simply but sexy...key word SIMPLE...for those who think less is more..

someone, i don't know who or where i read it, said (referring to budget) VS should worry less on too many big name artists and instead bring back

some vets for that year..i personally think this is a brilliant idea...i guess meaning as far as music goes, consentrate more on excellent mixes like

in 05 (i like the way you move opener, snoop dogg in russian babes) and 06 (beware of the dogs and the killers with the airline gingle)

but i dont want to put words in whoevers mouth :ninja:

but yeah, one or two great artists singing one or two of their best hits, depending on who they get, would be good..imo!!

i would want to see rhianna with adele..rhianna got the new album with this

and adele..well, don't have to say a motherfuckn word about that...BUT rolling in the deep would be good for the girls to stomp and sashay to..imo

the red hot chilli peppers are being inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame this year, they are, imo, a great band and have plenty of hits to choose

from plus the new album..and beyonce can't really do much with her new album right now, the VSFS is great publicity...so...they would make a great

pairing...imo...plus, she was backstage this year, so hopefully Ed took and kept a mental note :whistle:

alicia keys and adele would be awsome

changing topics, we are in a recession and i'd hate to see a bitch lose her job, but at the same time, i don't like the fact that there are 10 angels. and

i agree that bahati is not used enough, not enough curves i read as well, well, bring back bianca, anna beatriz and lara...IT WAS HER HAIR DAMN IT!!

she didn't look as good cause that hair weighed her down and she's had black and white outfits, it washed her out, dont you see...lol imo..her walk..well, marissa and lily.

thats all imma say :whistle: but she has the curves that VS lacks in most of the fillers, as beautiful and talented as they may be..imo

AND they can FINALLY hire bar refali AND FUKN CINITA YOU BLIND ASSWIPES!!!!!

imo these women are still relevant and HAVE curves...USE THEM GOSH DAMN IT!!!

adele has the personality to carry a show, like she's not some sap who sings nothing but sad songs, she's really funny...i hope they get her..

it starts at 9:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrBoWIR8Ogk

and she's a riot here...VS is about personality...well, she has plenty..she may not be flashy with piro's and dancers, but her personality n voice would be more than enough to draw in viewers...imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xRlRVQNnM

I see a lot of people talking about bring some vets back. While novel idea, I think that is a LOT of wishful thinking. How many still have contracts with VS? Not to mention, you can't turn back the clocks of time. So which veterans are we talking about? Do those girls still have it? Even when they brought back vets, their roles were limited. In the 2010 show we saw the reappearance of KK and Isabeli, but they only appeared one time. Doutzen only missed the 2010 show because she was pregnant. I missed seeing Rosie, but she will probably be back next year(I hope). Also, I don't know how longer Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio are gonna do this. Adriana has been doing in the VSFS since 1999, and Alessandra since 2000, save for the years they had babies. They are both 30 now. My best guess that eventually their roles will be limited more, so we are gonna see more and more newer models every year from here on out.

I see a lot of people talking about bring some vets back. While novel idea, I think that is a LOT of wishful thinking.

I can wish, or set up a dream team, just for fun. This was just a fun idea to toss out there. I know some that I'd like to see walk the runway are just not gonna happen. Others, may not want to.

Does having a VS contract mean anything to do the show? I'm asking because I'm curious. My thought is that the girls don't have to be on contract, except for that particular runway/fashion show.

I'd also like to see them go back to more actual items be showcased, without so many over the top costumes that cover the underthings.

But, hey, that's just me, and I'm a wishful dreamer.

I see a lot of people talking about bring some vets back. While novel idea, I think that is a LOT of wishful thinking. How many still have contracts with VS? Not to mention, you can't turn back the clocks of time. So which veterans are we talking about? Do those girls still have it? Even when they brought back vets, their roles were limited. In the 2010 show we saw the reappearance of KK and Isabeli, but they only appeared one time. Doutzen only missed the 2010 show because she was pregnant. I missed seeing Rosie, but she will probably be back next year(I hope). Also, I don't know how longer Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio are gonna do this. Adriana has been doing in the VSFS since 1999, and Alessandra since 2000, save for the years they had babies. They are both 30 now. My best guess that eventually their roles will be limited more, so we are gonna see more and more newer models every year from here on out.
They had multiple outfits. And Ale never missed the show.

as far as vets go...i know for sure i'd love to see the line up in the video again before they get older and REALLY reject the idea :ninja: ...by what i've seen, they've kept up pretty well, imo of course...i mean, helena is still modeling bras, i forget the brand..and CT is still with maybelline, it think...and they are NOT 25, ya know,

they still look good...and as far as not being featured enough, i'd love to just see them in the opener and see them close the show..two outfits..with the current angels mixed in the segments, naturally...there are six segments, i'd put the selected fillers in the middle of the show..this is just ME though,

I know who i'd have..but as previously stated..they probably won't want to do the show to begin with....stubborn dicks <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFsy6bHg2M

at 0:25 and 1:45, man just the sight of that line up honestly still gives me chills :drool: :wub:

They had multiple outfits. And Ale never missed the show.

My bad. :/ Ale got pregnant at the right time, like right after the the 2007 show, which allowed her to not mess the 2008 show. 3 months is plenty of time to lose weight. True, KK and Isabeli walked twice. Now, Isabeli looked great in the 2010 show. So far, the fact that she has had two kids hasn't made her body any worse for wear, so she could definitely come back to do VSFS in the future. KK, I'm not so sure. While she looked good at the 2010 show, she has suffered from hypothyroidism in the past, which makes her a risky pic for future shows.

• 2 weeks later...