Bellazon

Josefien Rodermans
Thumbnail

For model watchers, the Big Apple is the first stop on a global parade of shows that makes (and breaks) careers. For NEW MODELS NEW YORK, our exclusive preview of Spring 2012 in V74 The Model Issue, we ask 4 New York designers known for directional castings to name their favorite new girl. Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein Collection selects Josefien Rodermans.

V Why did you choose Josefien as your favorite new model of the moment?

FRANCISCO COSTA After working closely with Josefien for our past two collections, I have watched her grow into a stronger model and can see she has incredible potential. Josefien has a beautiful face and lovely demeanor. She is a very smart girl with a wonderful career ahead.

V When did you meet her?

FC I first met Josefien during the casting for our Resort 2012 presentation. After she walked in that show, we were so impressed by her that we immediately booked her as an exclusive for the Spring 2012 runway show.

V What about her do you find most exciting?

FC I love how Josefien is extremely feminine, yet still has an androgynous quality about her. It is very captivating.

V What qualities should a Calvin Klein Collection girl have?

FC She is beautiful, sexy, and elegant, and at the same time cool and intelligent.

V In your opinion, what makes a good model?

FC A top model has to have an It factor—something special that is indescribable. She represents the moment and knows how to make that last.

Photography Amy Troost

Slip and bra Calvin Klein Collection S/S 2012