Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

And one more thing, I'm not going to volunteer any names (though I know them :whistle: ), but STOP POSTING PICTURES OF DUDE MODELS IN GENERAL BABE DISCUSSION!!! :chicken:

And I'm not talking about editorials or ads that just happen to have a guy or two in it. I mean multiple pics where the dude is the only one in the picture

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

The new members should taQe initiative to read forum rules, regulations, etc etc etc...

at the top of the forum..

if they don't... well, we can just inform them nicely...

I've seen a moderator (and a good one) accidentally make a repeat thread :mellow: so I don't think its necessarily "neglecting the rules" it just kinda happens sometimes :/ A name can be spelled wrong in the original topic...the person may have spelled the name wrong in the search...the original topic may have an obscure title...As long as someone doesn't make a careless habit of it, people just ought to have more tact about it, especially when the person is new. :mellow:

I've made duplicates myself on a few occasions. One time, my search didn't return the original thread for some reason. The other time, I neglected to search for the original thread. :blush: I doubt any member of our staff will warn you on your first offense when it comes to this. It only becomes problematic if someone systematically creates new threads without ever checking for existing ones.

As for posting etiquette, sometimes the line between stating your honest opinion and flaming is a thin one, I've seen what started out as respectful exchanges of opinions degenerate into flame-wars very quickly. I have to fight the urge to use sarcasm a lot myself. I have to admit I don't always succeed in doing so. However, I don't see anything wrong with stating your honest opinion about a model. To give an example, if a model's appearance has changed in some way, I don't see anything wrong with people coming into the models thread to say that they preferred the model's earlier look. Some people are very touchy-feely when it comes to their favorites. What I do agree with is that there's very little point in going into the thread of a model you hate just to post something like "She sucks" or "She's butt-ugly, I don't understand what you guys see in her."

But I don't think it's fair to expect that everyone who posts in a model's thread only has positive things to say about the model. You can like a person and still be critical about their choices and behavior.

I doubt any member of our staff will warn you on your first offense when it comes to this. It only becomes problematic if someone systematically creates new threads without ever checking for existing ones.

Well, the staff is great. I originally intended to name this thread, "3 Things The Members Can Do To Make BZ Even Better: Read the suggestions of others and suggest your own 3" But it was just too long :/ .

But I don't think it's fair to expect that everyone who posts in a model's thread only has positive things to say about the model. You can like a person and still be critical about their choices and behavior.

I don't consider "I prefer her as a brunet or blonde" or "she should improve her runway walk" or "she needs to go to rehab" or "I prefer her without all of that eye-shadow" to be negative :idk: .

But, the reason I got the idea in the first place wasn't to shield fans of celebs with mega-threads from all non-praise :ninja:

But I just felt like speaking up when I saw quite a few new members trying to start a thread for someone who really didn't have many pics and had a small thread as a result. So, consequently negative remarks in that thread are a higher percentage of the posts if it only has 1.5 pages and its discouraging to a new member and isn't a fair representation of most of the bellazonians :bellazon: that I know.

So my main focus was just having a little more tact with new members in general and in the area of negative comments, a little more care when dealing with new members with small threads. But my intention was NEVER policing any vaguely un-sunny comment in threads with 50+ some odd pages.

• 3 years later...

The 3 Things thread has evolved a bit from the 'what can members as well as staff do together' concept I started it as before I became a staff member. Its still a good thread, though for the purpose of this forum, has become a bit big and spam ridden to have practical use here :ninja: so I figured it can go in General Talk for awhile and not bump away the other more important topics. For this, speak your mind on general issues or problems with the site that don't have a thread already as well as general suggestions. Those that are most viable will be grouped together in a comprehensive list :) .