Bellazon

WTF?!?!!?

Sweet Lu

NEW YORK - An online petition calling for the nuptials of Muppet flat-mates Bert and Ernie has sparked comment, controversy and lots of tweets.

But don't bet on wedding bells to ring.

Chicago resident Lair Scott, who posted the petition, is seeking matrimony for the "Sesame Street" chums as a way to make gay and lesbian kids who watch the show feel better about themselves, and to promote tolerance for people who are different.

The marriage could legitimately happen, he reasons, since Sesame Street is located in New York, where gay marriage became legal in June. Others agreed. By Thursday afternoon, Scott's petition had collected 5,800 signatures.

But there were alternate petitions also waiting on the website, Change.org. They included: "Stop Bert and Ernie from getting married"; "Stop the senseless false labeling of these two best friends"; and "Leave Bert and Ernie alone." You could take your pick from those or nearly two dozen more.

Or you could just tweet about it. On Thursday, "Bert & Ernie" was a trending Twitter topic.

One tweet wondered why so much attention was being showered on Bert and Ernie's domestic status, when poor Oscar the Grouch remains on the curb, dwelling in a garbage can.

Another tweet questioned why SpongeBob and Patrick seem above any suspicion, just because they maintain separate residences.

And a fretful post expressed hope that this raging controversy "doesn't affect stocks."

Sesame Workshop, which produces the long-running children's series, seemed to be throwing water on any marital plans.

"Bert and Ernie are good friends," the company declared in a statement. "They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves."

For some four decades, then, Bert and Ernie have stood for promoting tolerance - just by being themselves.

But getting hitched?

Despite recurrent insinuations about their living arrangement (Bert and Ernie share a bedroom, though they sleep in separate beds), neither they nor Sesame Workshop has ever declared them to be gay, much less romantically attached.

While they may act childishly, they are indeed adults, according to Sesame Workshop, though of indeterminate ages. But the vagueness of their birth dates suggests an absence of birth certificates. Wouldn't this pose a difficulty in obtaining a marriage license, even if they sought one?

Besides, maybe they share a bedroom just to save a few bucks. Who knows what the rent is these days at 123 Sesame Street?

Police: Road rage incident involved coins & ranch dressing

BOISE -- An 18-year-old Boise woman has been charged with felony aggravated battery after a road rage incident in Boise Monday afternoon.

Boise Police say they received a call of road rage around 3:48 p.m.

When officers arrived, they found a woman in a pickup had rear-ended a Kia sedan several times, causing considerable damage to the car.

The driver and two passengers were in the Kia. Police say no one was hurt.

Tiffany Wallace, 18, of Boise, was arrested and booked into the Ada County Jail for aggravated battery.

According to police, the young man driving the Kia called dispatch to report he was being followed by a woman in a red GMC Sonoma pickup. He said the woman had cut him off, yelled obscenities at him, and was throwing coins and ranch dressing at his car. He tried to get away, but she continued to follow him.

The dispatcher told the man to drive to the parking lot of St. Alphonsus, which was nearby, to meet an officer. When he pulled into the parking lot, the driver of the pickup rammed the Kia at least three to four times, according to witnesses.

Police say the Kia was heavily damaged with numerous dents that appeared to be caused by coins thrown at the car, the rear bumper of the car was falling off, and the taillights were falling out. The Kia's sides and trunk also had spots of ranch dressing that had apparently been thrown by the driver of the pickup.

The road rage victims were visibly shaken and upset, but were able to speak with officers and describe what happened.

Couple walking their dog in backcountry. Dog becomes to tired to walk out. Solution, call in search and rescue to save the dog.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-out-on-trail/

Police shutdown girls lemonade stand.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011080...tand-shut-down

I guess the police in this place have nothing better to do than write tickets for people having "truck nuts"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/02...speech-debate/

FOLSOM, Calif. (AP) — Most inmates are trying to get out of prison, but authorities say they caught a California parolee trying to sneak back in.

Corrections Sgt. Tony Quinn says 48-year-old Marvin Lane Ussery was spotted late Wednesday night scaling the 7-foot tall, barbed wire-topped fence that encircles a large wooded area behind the California State Prison in Sacramento.

Quinn says Ussery served time at New Folsom for robbery before he was paroled in June 2009.

Officials are investigating whether Ussery was attempting to smuggle in drugs or cell phones, but say they haven't found any contraband.

Ussery is being held in Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of violating his parole and being an ex-convict on prison property

When someone says their favorite model has perfect armpits. That makes me go WTF!

And you all know that VS does not airbrush, photoshop or alter Candice's photos in any way RIGHT? Because she is so perfect! And yes, I have actually seen morons say that on here.

Of course Candice is perfect. you meant ehre are those that do not beleive this?!?!!? those people must be rounded up and burned at the stake immediately! only than will roder be restored. this is HER world, we just live in it!!!!!

(sorry, ending sarcastic rant now. lol)

When someone says their favorite model has perfect armpits. That makes me go WTF!

And you all know that VS does not airbrush, photoshop or alter Candice's photos in any way RIGHT? Because she is so perfect! And yes, I have actually seen morons say that on here.

I said on her thread she had a nose job... I am still alive... WTF??

I said on her thread she had a nose job... I am still alive... WTF??

They didn't beat you to death? WTF?

When I saw this today :blink:

Kristen Stewart???

post-21823-0-1446022887-41001_thumb.jpg

post-21823-0-1446022890-16364_thumb.jpg post-21823-0-1446022890-27068_thumb.jpg

WTF!!

Overly photoshopped/air brushed. An improvement for her. Though, most of her covers/magazine pics are photoshopped, lol.

Exactly what I wanted to say!

When some competitions get easily 20 votes, and the ones involving other ethnicities (and some more interesting ones imo) only 10.

WTF

YES! I wonder why :cry: They also deserve the same level of notification :ermm: