Thumbnail

MauiKane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-20251-0-1446112243-83586_thumb.jpg

In our new series, "Model in the Spotlight," we get up close and personal with leading male models.

Although he's walked walked hundreds of runways and worked with nearly every major photographer in the game, Brit-born Matt Woodhouse claims he's still an average guy. DETAILS caught up with the 6-foot-2 rising star to talk about baring his behind for the latest Dsquared campaign, the career path he would have taken had he not discovered modeling, and the one body part he'd most like to change.

Height: 6’2”

Hometown: Bedford, London

Agency: Soul Artist Management (New York), SUPA Model Management (London)

How were you discovered? Working in a Hollister store.

Your first modeling gig: Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch campaigns with Bruce Weber [in 2011].

Career highlight: My first show, a Calvin Klein exclusive in Milan.

Career lowlight: At the recent Dsquared underwear launch party in Mykonos I had to dance in a 20-foot-high cube in my underwear for 15 minutes and knee-high leather boots.

Do you prefer runway or photo shoots? Runway, because of the adrenaline rush.

What's your secret to walking a runway? I try not to squint because the lights are so bright.

The craziest thing you've ever been asked to model: A blue latex jumpsuit.

Best piece of swag you got to keep: A big fragrance bottle from shooting the Tous fragrance campaign in Barcelona.

What's on your wrist: My girlfriend's Hermès bracelet that I stole and never gave back.

How do you stay in shape? I exercise a few times a week at the gym and try to play lots of sports like football, tennis, and golf.

if you weren't modeling you'd be: A math teacher. I just graduated a few months ago with a math degree and teaching has always seemed like a fun thing to do.

If you could change one thing about your body, it would be: More facial hair, please!

The song getting the most play on your iPod right now: "Sonnentanz" by Klangkarussell.

Best piece of advice you've ever been given? I recently read an old diary of mine, and my 12-year-old self wrote to tell me to remember and make time for my friends.

What was it like baring your bottom for the Dsquared underwear campaign? It was definitely a new experience for me…let's hope my mum doesn't see it!

post-20251-0-1446112243-85213_thumb.jpg

www.details.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...