Bellazon

I don't found a topic of him, so I created it.

Samuel George "Sam" Claflin (born 27 June 1986) is an English actor, perhaps best known for his role in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Claflin was born in Norwich, Norfolk. His father is an accountant/financial manager and his mother is a classroom assistant.In 2010, Claflin appeared on the television series The Pillars of the Earth and Any Human Heart. In April 2010, he was cast as Phillip Swift in the fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series, titled Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides which was released on 20 May 2011.In March 2011, he was cast as Thomas in The Seventh Son, a film adaptation of The Spook's Apprentice.

In March 2011, it was confirmed that Claflin will be playing a supporting role in the film Snow White and the Huntsman.

Filmography

2010 The Pillars of the Earth | Richard | TV mini-series (8 episodes)

2010 The Lost Future | Kaleb | TV film

2010 Any Human Heart | Logan Mountstuart (young) | TV series (4 episodes)

2011 United | Duncan Edwards | TV film

2011 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides | Philip Swift

2012 Snow White and the Huntsman | Prince Charmant

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Claflin

post-33333-0-1445989151-79675_thumb.jpg

post-33333-0-1445989151-83661_thumb.jpg

post-33333-0-1445989151-84309_thumb.jpg

post-33333-0-1445989151-84879_thumb.gif

post-33333-0-1445989151-93939_thumb.gif

post-33333-0-1445989151-95803_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

SAM CLAFLIN

post-20251-0-1445989373-25369_thumb.jpg

Samuel George "Sam" Claflin (born 27 June 1986) is an English actor, best known for his roles as Philip Swift in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and as William in Snow White & the Huntsman. He will be starring in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as Finnick Odair.

Claflin was born 27 June 1986 in Ipswich, Suffolk. He is the third of four children born to Mark, an accountant/finance manager for a charity radio station, and Sue Claflin, who is a classroom assistant. He has two older brothers, named Benjamin and Daniel, and a younger brother, named Joseph, who is also an actor.

He attended Costessey High School in Norwich, UK, and was a member of the School of Excellence for Norwich City FC. In 2003, he took up Performing Arts at Norwich City College, before going on to attend the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.

Claflin made his film debut in 2010, when he appeared on the television miniseries The Pillars of the Earth as Richard and in the TV film Any Human Heart as young Logan Mountstuart. In April 2010, he was cast as Phillip Swift in 2011's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.

In March 2011, he was cast as Thomas in The Seventh Son, a film adaptation of The Spook's Apprentice, but dropped for unknown reasons and was replaced by Ben Barnes. In April 2011, he portrayed the role of footballer Duncan Edwards in the BBC TV drama United, which was centred around the events of the 1958 Munich air disaster, in which Edwards was fatally injured. He played supporting role of William, Snow White's childhood friend, in the 2012 film Snow White and the Huntsman.

In May 2012, he was cast in the lead role in Hammer Films' The Quiet Ones.

In August 2012, Claflin was cast as Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

In February 2013 it was announced, that Claflin has been cast as Alex in the film adaption of Cecelia Ahern's novel Where Rainbows End. In March 2013, he starred in the TV film Mary and Martha as Ben, which was broadcast by BBC One.

en.wikipidea.org

• 3 months later...

interview by OK! Indonesia

Although The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has aired late last year, the character of the handsome Finnick Odair is still remembered clearly. Sam Claflin is the British actor who played the character of Finnick, and will return to play him in the next two Hunger Games chapters, Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2.

Last year you've been part of Snow White [and the Huntsman] and now you are in The Hunger Games. How it is like?
I'm busy, but I have a lot of fun, because The Hunger Games are as interesting as Snow White. Moreover, because we know that after Catching Fire we will continue with Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2, I am very lucky to be included. It was like a dream come true, that I have a job that is getting better and better.

Do you ever think that your career may stop rising anytime? What do you do to maintain it?
It's not easy working as an actor in big-budget films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Snow White, and now The Hunger Games. I try to not get lazy. So every time there is chance, I join an independent film. A movie in which I can wear normal clothes and not have to wear a wig. Through the variety of roles, I wish to not be known out there just as Finnick Odair. I want people to see that I can do different things.

So now you are also working on low-cost films?
Yes. Independent projects are challenges. The characters offered are different. In the film industry, our ability to keep pace with big actors and actresses who act with us is very important. If I continue to play in major films as a supporting actor, my acting skills have to develop. So it is important to practice through small cost films where I have the opportunity to play the main character. So I can continue to challenge myself playing difficult characters, which will help me when I'm acting in big-budget films.

How do you balance things between acting on set and off set?
For example, take Jennifer Lawrence. She managed to balance personal life, social life, and work. She is one of the few lucky people who can so get into character in an instant and be herself right after. Nah, compared to her and a few other stars who I've known filming The Hunger Games, who likes to joke and play around, I feel like a child just starting. During filming I had to get  from joking to crying in a matter of seconds, and then again after the director says cut.

Is it hard to portray Finnick who speaks with an American accent?
I'd like to think it is not difficult, especially considering I was not required to take accents courses. But there are moments when they commented, "What you just said sounded British." I use an American accent only on the set, and outside that, I talk normally - with a British accent.

So what are the challenges portraying Finnick?
It's been more of a physical challenge. When I was cast as Finnick, many Hunger Games fans commented: "He's fat! He's ugly!" So I started a fitness program to get a fit body, hoping to look more like the image they had of Finnick Odair.

Have you read the three books of The Hunger Games?
Yes, but to be honest when I joined the audition process, I had not read the books yet. I didn't even know the film was an adaptation of a book. I watched the first movie and loved it. When I received the Catching Fire spript, I saw the name Katniss on it and I thought: "Hey, I know that name." I finally looked it up on the internet the night before the audition, and I was aware that I coudn't read the three books of the Hunger Games in one night. So I went to Wikipedia to find out as much information as possible. I was lucky to be called again after the first audition. That time, I was ready, since I devoured the Hunger Games books in five days.

You said the fans commented on you being too ugly to play Finnick. But in all the roles you've played, don't you always are the good-looking guy? And what you usually see in the mirror?
Difficult question. I am used to linger in front of the mirror. I do not even joke that I say I don't like my face. I think, like most people, we spend the time in front of the mirror to criticize yourself, "Gosh, ugly, I should not be like this, What is this brown stain?" I do not really like to see a photo of myself. But I do not mind seeing myself on the big screen because I can argue, "It's not me, but the character I play." Moreover, watching myself in a movie I can observe, correct the mistakes I made. So I do wonder why I am casted as the handsome guy.

What's your perception of "pretty" or "beautiful"?
Beauty and handsomeness are a bonus for those who are lucky to have them, but in my eyes kindness, generosity, and sense of humor are the qualities that make you beautiful. It sounds cliché but I really think if you are kind, you will be loved. And the best thing about the Hunger Games audition was sitting down together with Francis [Lawrence] and talk about Finnick's personality, that is way more that a matter of appearance. And I'm sure my conversation with Francis was the one that made ​​me get the role of Finnick.

OK! Indonesia - Januari 2014-58.jpg