Bellazon

Hrithik Roshan
Thumbnail

Technokitty

Hrithik Roshan thanks Shah Rukh for item song

Mumbai - Shah Rukh Khan went out of his way to accommodate Rakesh Roshan and his banner by shooting an item song for their production "Krazzzy 4". And Hrithik Roshan cannot thank him enough.

"I'm doing the song for my own home production. But Shah Rukh has gone out of his way to accommodate the project because he respects my dad. His gesture has touched all of us. It's very kind of him. He doesn't need to dance."

Hrithik can't stop raving about the item song. "It's the best dance track I've ever performed. My uncle Rajesh Roshan has outdone himself. Vishal Dadlani, who has sung the number, has also been extremely gracious. He didn't accept the cheque that my dad gave after the song. He did it for my dad and uncle. As a family, we Roshans are overwhelmed by the respect that has been shown by everyone associated with the item song."

Tell him it's because of the respect his father's banner commands; and Hrithik corrects me. "No, I think it's more to do with the kind of person my father is. If he was some one else, Shah Rukh, Vishal and everyone else wouldn't have gone out of their way to accommodate us, no matter how successful we may be. I think my dad has earned the respect he gets. He doesn't command it."

Hrithik further says: "Shah Rukh's version of the song will be part of the main movie, while mine will be used at the end of the title; and also on MTV, Channel V and other promotional campaigns for television."

With the triumphant "Jodhaa Akbar" behind him, Hrithik is now looking forward to starting his next film with Anurag Basu. "That's one film I'm really looking forward to. I'm a big fan of Anurag's cinema. I think he's a very sensitive director. He is going to do something different with me. I can't say much about the subject, but it will be a different experience for me."

The industry was abuzz about Sonam Kapoor starring as Hrithik's leading lady in Anurag's film. "Both Dad and I think Sonam is wonderful. But she was not considered for Anurag's film. The character needs someone from abroad. I'll have an international co-star in Anurag's film."

Hrithik and Aishwarya looked pretty international in "Dhoom 2" and "Jodhaa Akbar". "I can't dispute that. It's true. Ash and I share a good rapport. It's always fun to work with a co-star who is not selfish. We gave so much of ourselves to 'Jodhaa Akbar'. Aishwarya has been one of my most helpful co-stars. I really like working with her. She is an incredible actor and an even better co-star. Since all three of us - Abhishek, Aishwarya and I - are friends, we've great fun even when we are not shooting."

Hrithik craves for the perfect chemistry with his co-star. "I don't think it's possible for me to give my best if my co-star isn't doing the same. I try to surround myself with like-minded people. I think I've found the right people operating in my frequency to work it, be it Ashutosh Gowariker, Sanjay Gadhvi, Aditya Chopra or my dad. I'm fortunate, I guess."

Hrithik's Knee-Deep Work

Hrithik Roshan is literally knee-deep in work. The actor, who has been advised three weeks of rest for his injured knee, is editing his item song for his home production - Krazzy 4 - from his Juhu residence. The item song, which is going to appear with the film's end credits, is reported to be Hrithik's best dance performance so far.

After having shot the song a few days ago, the actor wanted to personally supervise the editing. A crew member informs, "Yes, Hrithik is editing the song from home, and it's almost ready. It's the same title track sung by Vishal Dadlani for Shah Rukh Khan's item number in the film. Hrithik is trying to be at home as much as he can as he is nursing his knee injury."

Despite having damaged his ligament and muscles while filming for Dhoom 2 followed by Jodhaa Akbar, the actor put in a spirited performance for the Krazzy 4 song. The story goes that the actor used to give his shot and then rest his legs in an elevated position on the sets just to avoid over exhaustion.

Our source further informs, "For the next three weeks, Hrithik can neither dance nor do any stunts. He keeps his legs in an elevated position whenever he is sitting."

However, contrary to reports, the actor is not heading to Geneva for a knee surgery yet. Papa Rakesh Roshan says, "Hrithik is very much in Mumbai and he is not undergoing any surgery for his knee."

• 2 weeks later...

Greek God of Bollywood in Madam Tussaud's - Hrithik Roshan

There’s a rumour doing the rounds and fast gaining currency that Hrithik Roshan in all his Greek God-like muscled splendour, will join the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at the Madame Tussauds’s Wax Museum in London.

The Jodhaa-Akbar star, whose amazing looks, perfect body, incomparable talent and mass appeal has made him a favourite around the world with Bollywood fans, will be the fifth

Indian actor to enter the famous waxworks place if this is true.Hrithik laughed off the news as being a 'happy rumour' that has been floating around lately. "I cannot say anything at this point," Hrithik said, "because nobody from Madame Tussauds has contacted me as yet. But it’s a happy and delightful rumour." The action and romantic star, who has a huge following around the world, added, "If it happens, it will certainly be a high compliment and a magnificient acknowledgement of my work. I would be very flattered to be standing next to many legends."

Meanwhile, there’s another rumour about Hrithik that could be described as being in the 'happy' category. He and Sussanne are about to be parents again and the story goes that they are expecting twins! Son Hrehan is about to have not one, but two siblings for company. Hrithik laughed again, "That’s not true, there are no twins on the scene, we are looking forward to our next child, yes, but twins is just another happy rumour."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its A Boy - Hrithik and Sussane :clap: :clap: :clap:

Putting rest to all the ‘happy rumours’ of delivering twins, Sussanne Roshan gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday morning at 11.30.

Hrithik who accompanied her right to the door of the delivery room, was seen beaming with pride. Not even his recent success with Jodhaa Akbar could have given him such a high.

Sister-in-law Farah Ali Khan, who became spokesperson for the Roshans and Khans, said Hrithik was on top of the world. “One look at the baby and Hrithik said, ‘He looks so much like his brother, Hrehaan!’,” reported Farah. “He’s the most perfectly formed baby I have seen. Hrithik stayed with Sussanne all through.”

Zayed and Malaika Khan, Sanjay and Zarine Khan, Simone, Rakesh, Pinky and Sunaina Khan were present at the hospital to celebrate with the couple. The new addition to the family weighed in at 3.5 kg. Mother and newborn son are fine.

'Compliments just keep coming my way' - Hrithik Roshan

He’s become dad all over again only recently, and the congratulatory messages coming his way are many.But never mind fatherhood, the actor, funnily, is still getting congratulatory wishes for his performance in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Jodhaa Akbar.

And Duggu doesn’t mind it one bit. In fact, he just hits the ceiling with joy if you comment on how brilliant he and the film were. “The compliments coming my way for Jodhaa...haven’t stopped,” he tells us, wide-eyed. “I gave the film my every thing. There were several doubts and anxieties that crossed my mind while shooting for it.

While performing some scenes, I wondered if the audiences would throw eggs at me. You see, one is never too sure how a film is going to be perceived, and when you have compliments in the superlative coming your way, you breathe a sigh of relief. But that’s the law of nature.

You give something your best shot, go on no matter how hard it gets, and chances that you’ll fail are minimal,” philosophies Hrithik. Well, looks like Papa Roshan has the right attitude and some great lessons to teach his new-born beta!

• 2 weeks later...

Hrithik's Steamy Image

Kites, Anurag Basu’s new film, is all set to give Hrithik Roshan an unusually steamy image. So far the actor has been known to steer clear of love-making traps laid by his sensuous co-stars. Barring Kareena Kapoor in Sooraj Barjatya’s Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon there have been no really hot-and-sizzling bed-room scenes in this image-conscious star’s career who is happily married and likes to be seen that way by his fans.

All that is about to change now. In Basu’s Kites, Hrithik apparently has a lot of roll-in-the-hay scenes. According to a source the film is actually an adaptation of Woody Allen’s film on a lust-quadrangle, Matchpoint, about an ambitious working-class man who marries into huge wealth and then keeps stealing back to his girlfriend, who comes from an objectionable background, for some livewire excitement on the sly.

According to the source, “Kites will show Hrithik as never before. And the girls chosen to play Hrithik’s wife and mistress are Kangana Ranaut and Barabara Mori who have been briefed about the steamy sensuous scenes in the film. Neither of the two ladies is known to be particularly coy. Kangana and Barbara are more than willing to go with the script.”

In fact, Sonam Kapoor turned down Barbara Mori’s role because neither she nor her dad could see her doing those steamy adulterous scenes. Says the source, “When Sonam’s father heard the script, he was shocked that Anurag Basu could even think of Sonam for such a steamy part after Saawariya, where she was covered from head to toe.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...