Bellazon

How do you (or think you) prevent wrinkles?

Cult Icon

I did, but it seemed nothing changed.

Lately, I've given up to find the solution and tend to find a better concealer to cover the flaw.

Lyon, My skin- on the bottom of my jaw has become a little irritated from moisturizer so I've stopped. The skin has adapted too much to prolonged moisturizer use and has stopped producing sufficient natural oils.

Moisturizer seems to be like Coffee & cigarettes- once you get addicted to them you can't stop. :l

• 1 month later...

I use the Benefit Cosmetics Its Potent Eye Cream under my eyes, I used to work for Benefit before and thats how I came to use it and its amazing, literally you pat it on gently under your eyes and within a few seconds the wrinkles or lines under the eyes are smoothed away :) its because it has collagen and apple and coco extracts if I remember correctly :flower:

• 2 weeks later...
I use the Benefit Cosmetics Its Potent Eye Cream under my eyes, I used to work for Benefit before and thats how I came to use it and its amazing, literally you pat it on gently under your eyes and within a few seconds the wrinkles or lines under the eyes are smoothed away :) its because it has collagen and apple and coco extracts if I remember correctly :flower:

Oh, that sounds like a miracle cure. :)

Were your vendors pharmaceutical companies?

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/ca...are/moisturizer

ah, $30 moisturizers... ;)

• 4 years later...

Sleep is one thing that can make a big difference, and I think lots of people overlook this. Sleep deprivation over time will definitely lead to more wrinkles.

But to answer the question, the magazines I read always say that the only ingredient proven to help diminish wrinkles is retinol. You can buy lots of products at drugstores that contain retinol (any ingredient that begins with retin- is a Vitamin A derivative which will help with anti-aging). The ROC Retinol Correxion line is cheap, effective, and available at most drugstores:

roc-retinol-correxion-deep-wrinkle-night 

Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), including glycolic acid and citric acid, are also really good for anti-aging. What's great is these also are really good at diminishing acne, which is key for me. So, those of us who have been using anti-acne products for years are in luck. :p 

As someone said earlier, Olay products are also great, and so is Vitamin E cream.

I personally use a prescription retinol cream (tretinoin - pretty cheap, lasts a long time, and it's used for acne, as well). I also make sure to moisturize my face, particularly the eye area.

• 1 month later...

^

I've been wearing a snorkel coat (hood) to protect the face from some seriously bad irritation with heavy winds (0 degrees F or below including windchill).  This is necessary when I walk outside for a couple of hours.  The same applies when skiing.  It doesn't stop the eyes from drying out, though...  

The scarf can be used to cover the nose and cheeks.  Headbands or hats can be worn to protect the forehead.  I carry a small container of moisturizer to deal with dried out skin.

Good genetics help, but for me I drink plenty of water, stay out of the sun as much as I can, and when I'm forced to leave the house during the day I wear sunscreen, large sunglasses and often use a parasol for shade, oh and Josie Maran Aragon oil also helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly understand better why models "hit the wall" at around 30 and it's downhill from there.  Of course for women it's different than men (we are supposed to be like 'fine wine' while women's market value decrease after 30.  

I've hit the wall at 28 and now I'm 30.  Before that it seemed like I was not aging at all.   My hair is graying at maybe twice or three times the rate it was before.  Skin is has gotten a little older and the above the nose wrinkles are deep now- I can't pass for a 22 year old anymore and  I look firmly late 20s- early 30s.  With some age comes a slight libido/hormone decline :-p  

On 1/16/2016 at 11:03 PM, Prettyphile said:

Good genetics help, but for me I drink plenty of water, stay out of the sun as much as I can, and when I'm forced to leave the house during the day I wear sunscreen, large sunglasses and often use a parasol for shade, oh and Josie Maran Aragon oil also helps.

this thread = :-p