Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

13 Questions With Marisa Miller

askmen.com

Q1:What's the best part of your job?

I think... [from] a young age, to be able to have that kind of life experience; to have the opportunity to travel to so many wonderful places I probably would never get to see and to experience so many different cultures.

Q2:Seeing as you travel so much, can you tell us what the best babe-producing city is?

I think California has some very good looking women… I know Stephanie Seymour is from San Diego, and I know Josie Maran -- who's my very good friend -- she’s from Northern California. So I think California produces some good looking women, for sure.

Q3:What's the worst part of your job?

I think that both the best and the worst part about the job is the traveling, just because when you’re not in a place for a week... you can't actually really milk what’s there. When you’re in for like a day or two and you just get over your jet lag, you’re off somewhere else. So I think, just being tired… you’re tired a lot, but, you know, you learn to sleep on the planes or whenever you can. I think to just get up and go is sometimes a little exhausting, but it just goes with the job.

Q4:How do you deal with the stress of being famous and constantly traveling?

You know, it’s kind of about finding balance because, in between jobs, I like to come back home and be with my family and my friends, and that’s definitely a big part of what brings me happiness.

Q5:How has your life changed since you became a model?

Coming from a small town, I was really, really shy about my body -- like, extremely shy -- and, so when I started to model... just... as a woman, you have to get over that. You have to get over being shy, and just be comfortable with yourself and I think that for me, if I’d stayed in a small town, I’d be a different person. And it really allows yourself to grow as a person and learn a lot more about life. So, I’m really thankful for that.

Q6:Were you like growing up?

I’d say I was a tomboy... I took wood chop in high school and I was very into volleyball and football, and [was] very unaware of anything girly for a long time.

Q7:Is there a side of Marisa Miller that people don't know about?

I’m very down-to-earth and approachable, and I can be one of the guys and watch sports… I like to cook -- I’m like the girl next door.

Q8:Where are you most happy?

I have two houses in California and they’re both within a couple of minutes from the beach. So, I definitely feel at home in California and by the ocean.

Q9:Are you still an avid surfer?

Surfing is definitely something I used to do a lot more before I was working, but I know the waves will always be there, and it’s something that, when I’m not traveling as much, I’ll definitely get back into.

Q10:Any plans for the future?

Right now, I’m just really enjoying my job and, you know... everything changes in a phone call, so it’s really hard to say what opportunities will be on the door tomorrow and the following week. So, it’s been really exiting and I just want to do it as long as I can and... it has been a wonderful vehicle just to experience life and other cultures and people and to travel to all these wonderful places.

Q11:How do you feel about making it onto our Top 99 List of Most Desirable Women again this year?

Well, t’s very nice to hear. It’s really surreal I have to say (giggles). Surreal, you know, coming from a small town and having no awareness of the entertainment industry, so, it’s pretty incredible to be included in that group of women.

Q12:Did you know 8.5 million votes were cast?

Wow! Really? Gosh, I had no idea that it’s actual people voting, that’s amazing! I’m very grateful that there are people out there who voted for me. Because I know the women on there; I’ve seen the women on the list, and, you know, to be in that category is just incredible to me.

Q13:What accomplishments and personal qualities do you believe got you onto the list?

You know what? A lot of people must look at SI and Victoria’s Secret because I know the women on the list are big celebrities and are in a lot of movies, and, I mean, honestly, I’m very honored and even surprised to be on the list, So… it has to be from Sports Illustrated, I’m guessing. I’m very surprised, it’s amazing; I’m really happy.