Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

^ TMI :ninja:

I don't know what this means. :(

Her pics in Arena are nice, but they look a lot like the ones in the surfing magazine. I guess the photoshoots were close by.

This is the only Arena photo of Marisa's that I know of:

arena2003sp7.th.jpg

And that's pretty far from her Surfing editorial. :p I'd assume you meant the August GQ shoot, but that's pretty different. :laugh:

Beauty and the Brewer: Supermodel Marisa Miller, Ryan Braun shoot Remington hair-care ad going straight to YouTube to reach young male demographic [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]

Aug. 9--BROOKFIELD -- In his young career as an all-star leftfielder for the Milwaukee Brewers, Ryan Braun has stared down the likes of opposing pitchers Johan Santana and Brandon Webb.

On a sun-dappled Friday on the baseball field behind Brookfield East High School, Braun took on what even he admitted beforehand might be a more daunting task: trading lines with supermodel and magazine cover girl Marisa Miller in a viral video for a new Remington men's hair-care product.

"Aren't you baseball all-star Ryan Braun?" Miller said to Braun as cameras rolled and a large crowd of technicians, actors, aides, associates, gofers, spectators and hangers-on stood by quietly from a safe distance.

"Aren't you supermodel Marisa Miller?" Braun answered smartly as he stood next to a fence holding the leash on his dog.

"Not bad for a first take," yelled director Adam Rifkin of Los Angeles. "Let's do it again."

Which is exactly what Braun and Miller did. Over and over.

Credit Braun with a ringing double off the wall in his acting debut pitching Remington's ShortCut clipper, which is being promoted as an error-free way to give yourself a haircut.

Braun is the spokesman for the product and signed a partnership with Remington. The video is his first film effort.

You won't find the ad on commercial television. This being the Age of the Internet, and with a product that zeros in on the demographic represented by the 24-year-old Braun, this viral video will debut on YouTube in the fall.

The company has hopes of getting 1 million unique visitors to watch the video and, company officials hope, link to the product's Web site to learn more.

Glenn Rhodes, a Remington marketing director based in Madison, where Remington has its North American operations, said the whole idea was to market to men where they hang out.

"That's where they're at," Rhodes said of the online world. "We want to take advantage of that."

Remington has had success with viral video in England, but the Braun-Miller video is their first in the United States.

Remington, it seems, has done its homework. They were looking for a young superstar to promote the ShortCut and gravitated toward Major League Baseball. At the same time, they test-marketed the ShortCut in clubhouses and found ballplayers liked it.

According to Remington, the ShortCut allows men to cut their hair with no worries of turning a head full of hair into a very bad haircut day. And, with Braun's help, they determined that as many as 30% of all major leaguers cut their own hair.

With that kind of synergy, Remington signed Braun.

While happy with the reigning Rookie of the Year, Remington decided to take the product promotion further. The next stop was Miller, who was the cover girl of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue, recently was on the cover of Maxim, and models for Victoria's Secret.

With Miller supplying the sex appeal, Remington had plenty of star power to market its product.

"They are two up-and-coming superstars and they are good for our brand," Rhodes said.

An hour or so before he was needed, Braun said he was excited about the opportunity.

"I've played baseball my whole life," said Braun. "That's kind of my comfort zone. I feel comfortable in this environment and this atmosphere. I'm not anticipating too much difficulty. But I'm sure it won't be too easy."

Braun said the world of endorsements and marketing interested him. "I grew up in Los Angeles and went to college in Miami," Braun said. "My production on the field is first and foremost. But the more success you have gives you more opportunities off the field. I always envisioned myself doing something like this."

Under nearly perfect conditions, the shooting of the video went well. The story line involves a softball tournament.

When a loose ball got to the fence, it was Miller, in a pink top, black shorts and black tennis shoes, chasing it down. Waiting in the outfield with ball in hand was Braun, dressed in an Affliction T-shirt and designer jeans, with his dog.

"Shouldn't you be in a bikini on a beach?" Braun asks Miller.

"Shouldn't you be signing some kid's ball?" Miller responds.

Braun said his Brewers teammates knew about his appearance with Miller.

"I told everybody. They ribbed me some. But they are supportive. They know it's all fun."

Link

Thanks, Herve!

Marisa looks good in anything... and nothing (or so I can imagine). :ninja: But it's cool to see Marisa getting another commercial, if that's what you can call this ad.

But I find it very ironic that a guy named Braun is shooting a commercial for Remington. :laugh:

In further connection between Marisa and the sports world (where she seems to be the dominant hottie by a landslide in basically everything), CBS's "Sportsline" is doing a mock fantasy draft with hot women and Marisa was selected first. :laugh: The accompanying poll on who is the hottest has Marisa annihilating Adriana, Scarlett Johanssen, Angelina Jolie, and Megan Fox.

It says this about her:

Our boys at Maxim got it right this year when naming Marisa Miller No. 1 in their annual top 100 list. Pulling split-duty with Sports Illustrated and Victoria’s Secret, Miller is clearly the top model we have these days, and she didn’t have to listen to Tyra Banks yapping mouth to find that out.

Link

I love it too :laugh:

ToniRenee' I have a big problem.. Can you PM me please, I need to talk to you.

You know where to find me :o

she's getting bigger?!?! :o

Career-wise! :trout:

I knew that :cain:

Speaking of that launch, I would love to get one of those life-size cutouts of her that they had. :drool:

I'm not even going to ask what you would be doing with one of those... :rofl:

^ :persuazn:

:rofl:

If all on this Forum and those that you can inform, don't know already, MARISA MILLER DOES NOT HAVE A MYSPACE PAGE NOR A FACEBOOK PAGE.

There has recently been quotes in the celebrity internet blogs quoting from " Marisa Miller's MySpace page ".

Here is what Marisa's management company ( Cartel ) has officially released in response to these bogus imposters and Identity

impersonators:

ATTENTION MARISA MILLER FANS

There has been a rumor posted that Marisa posted a "baby" congratulations to Alessandra Ambrosia on her MySpace page. Marisa does not have a MySpace page - any you see on the web are made by frauds! It is a common understanding that what you read on the internet is not always valid. Marisa appreciates her fans who know that she is a genuine person and would not ever choose to cause drama.

This article probably doesn't do anyone outside of California any good, but whatever. :laugh:

List: Marisa Miller's favorite weekend activities

August 6th, 2008

When she's not posing for Sports Illustrated covers or walking the runway for Victoria's Secret, model Marisa Miller can be found hanging 10 at a local beach. The 29-year-old Santa Cruz native used the bluffs of her hometown's shoreline as inspiration for her recent shoe collaboration with Vans, and she continues to be a spokeswoman for the Surfrider Foundation. Miller lives in Calabasas with her husband, Griffin Guess.

1. Crustacean - Beverly Hills

Friday is my day to cut loose, leave the beach for a night and go out in L.A. If I'm celebrating a special occasion, I love going to Crustacean in Beverly Hills. The food is amazing and I'm addicted to their AN's Famous Garlic Noodles. After dinner, I really like going to Foxtail in West Hollywood because it's intimate and the music is great.

2. 25 Degrees - Hollywood

If I'm in more of a casual mood, I'll go to 25 Degrees inside the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. The burgers are amazing.

3. Foxtail - West Hollywood

After dinner, I really like going to Foxtail in West Hollywood because it's intimate and the music is great.

4. Marmalade Cafe - Malibu

I will typically go to Malibu on Saturday and spend my day on the beach. First, I have breakfast at Marmalade Cafe and then check the waves. Depending on the crowds and conditions, I'll paddle out and catch some waves or just lay out with my friends.

5. Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market and Patio Cafe - Malibu

After relaxing on the beach and getting a little sun, I head to Malibu Seafood for fish tacos.

6. Planet Blue - Malibu

I love going shopping at Cross Creek in Malibu. First I go to Planet Blue, my favorite store. You can get everything from high-end cocktail dresses to $15 imported shorts from Costa Rica.

7. Madison - Fairfax District

Next on the shopping schedule is Madison, which is a great shop for shoes. Freecity is my comfort retreat. They have great hoodies and sweat pants.

8. Malibu Theater - Malibu

I love the Malibu Theater to see movies. The seats are huge and I almost fall asleep in them.

9. Nobu - Malibu

For dinner, Nobu never disappoints.

10. Tra Di Noi - Malibu

If I'm in the mood for something a little heavier I go to Tra di Noi. The ravioli Rosa, a spinach ravioli with tomato cream sauce, is delicious and the wait staff is wonderful. It's a great way to spend a quiet Sunday evening before hopping on a flight for another photo shoot.

LA Times

:drool: :wave: :heart:

Woohooo, great to be back, so many fabulous pictures n stuff here - THANK YOU ALL !!! Especially Joe for the surf pictures - OMG :wub:

GQ rocks my socks.

Great infos, lots to catch up on.

The only thing I dont like is that she is hardly in VS catalogues these days :(