Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

^ That's what I would have thought, too, but maybe her getting the cover is why she didn't drop any lower, considering she didn't even make the list in 2006 or any year before. :ninja: But then again, going from #10 back to not on the list doesn't make much sense when your public profile has only increased -- but neither does dropping to 53. Oh well. She made #58 on the UK version, and I don't think she was on that one last year.

The Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandel and Marisa Miller in the same article? :ninja:

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Girl Sues Dating Service

April 23, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Supermodel Marisa Miller sued a nationwide dating service and its owner for allegedly using her photo to promote his business without her consent, court papers obtained Wednesday show.

Marisa Miller, the cover girl for February's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, filed suit Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court against DNA Diamonds and its owner, Jason Itzler, who supposedly bragged about being "king of all pimps."

Miller's allegations include misappropriation of image and likeness, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. She is seeking unspecified general, special and punitive damages.

Itzler gained notoriety last month on CNN's "Larry King Live" when he said that call girl Ashley Alexandra Dupre -- whose association with former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer caused him to resign from office -- once worked for him.

Itzler started DNA Diamonds while in prison stemming from a 2005 arrest on money laundering and prostitution charges.

Itzler was not immediately available for comment.

According to the lawsuit, the 29-year-old Miller's photo was used in Internet and print ads for DNA Diamonds and gives the false impression she endorses it and uses their services.

When DNA Diamonds was asked to remove Miller's photo from the ad, the request was refused, the suit states.

A copy of the ad and Miller's photo are attached to the lawsuit. Under her photo is a quote from John F. Kennedy: "Who you marry is probably the single most important choice you make in your life."

In addition to her work for Sports Illustrated, the 5-foot-8-inch blonde has modeled for Victoria's Secret and "appeared in countless magazines all over the world and is heralded as one of the most demanded models in the United States," according to her lawsuit.

Miller's business is "entirely predicated on her attractive image," the suit states.

Link

From #10 to #53? Ouch! :pinch:

Marisa, Ale, and Adri were all top ten on the FHM sexiest list, but they all plummeted in the rankings this year.

Link.

There are probably more celebrities in the Top 10 this year. Your link doesn't work for me and I'm too lazy to check, but my first guess is that popular celebs made it into the Top 10, thus why they kicked out the Angels. I seem to recall Maxim naming Lindsay Lohan as #1 last year, right? :shock: :x Most of these magazine "hot lists" are just popularity contests and not about the true beauty of famous women, because let's face it, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton would never make it past #80 if this weren't about popularity and about real beauty.

Updated link to the FHM list.

Most of these magazine "hot lists" are just popularity contests and not about the true beauty of famous women

Well obviously! :p But the more famous models are popular for their looks, so you'd expect them to rank high on these lists. I think it's crazy though that besides Heidi, Selita was the highest ranked model. When was she ever that popular? :ninja:

I don't know why but selita gets on my nerves. I don't know her so why on earth would the mear sight of her agitate me? I must be jealous. haha

Anywho, Marisa has inspired me to get my arse in shape! :lullaby: Though i doubt i will ever get my rear to look like hers....MarisaMiller.jpg

The Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandel and Marisa Miller in the same article? :ninja:
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Girl Sues Dating Service

April 23, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Supermodel Marisa Miller sued a nationwide dating service and its owner for allegedly using her photo to promote his business without her consent, court papers obtained Wednesday show.

Marisa Miller, the cover girl for February's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, filed suit Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court against DNA Diamonds and its owner, Jason Itzler, who supposedly bragged about being "king of all pimps."

Miller's allegations include misappropriation of image and likeness, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. She is seeking unspecified general, special and punitive damages.

Itzler gained notoriety last month on CNN's "Larry King Live" when he said that call girl Ashley Alexandra Dupre -- whose association with former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer caused him to resign from office -- once worked for him.

Itzler started DNA Diamonds while in prison stemming from a 2005 arrest on money laundering and prostitution charges.

Itzler was not immediately available for comment.

According to the lawsuit, the 29-year-old Miller's photo was used in Internet and print ads for DNA Diamonds and gives the false impression she endorses it and uses their services.

When DNA Diamonds was asked to remove Miller's photo from the ad, the request was refused, the suit states.

A copy of the ad and Miller's photo are attached to the lawsuit. Under her photo is a quote from John F. Kennedy: "Who you marry is probably the single most important choice you make in your life."

In addition to her work for Sports Illustrated, the 5-foot-8-inch blonde has modeled for Victoria's Secret and "appeared in countless magazines all over the world and is heralded as one of the most demanded models in the United States," according to her lawsuit.

Miller's business is "entirely predicated on her attractive image," the suit states.

Link

It was me who reported this to Marisa's people :ninja:

^ Here:

So I listen to the Howard Stern show. Today they had on a guy who used to run a prostitution ring in light of the spitzer scandal. He gave details of his new project which is dna diamonds. So I went to check out the site and what do you know, a pic of marisa is listed as part of the site. I doubt her or her team has authorized this...

In fact, *SOMEONE* was even faster to REPORT it to Marisa's people a few days BEFORE Pinky noticed that message in MMC but that doesnt matter now, the main thing is that they take actions now ! YES!

I checked though and they still use her picture in 'contact/join ' form on their website, UGH.