Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

Yes it is. If you pass you have to drop back into the end zone, which could lead to a safety. When you're that backed up, you play it as safe as possible. If you fark up the execution, well, that's just bad luck. You run the ball and try to get some room for your punter.

Not that I'm trying to turn this into a thread on football, but... I disagree. :laugh: Look at the playoff game last season between the Ravens and the Colts. The Ravens were constantly backed up against their own endzone and their running play game failed completely. They couldn't get first downs using it and therefore they had to punt and leave the Colts with good starting field position. But compare that to the Colts being close to their own endzone: Manning constantly broke out by passing the ball.

Granted, you're right about risking a safety, but with a solid defense, you would like to think getting sacked in the end zone isn't likely to happen. Also, what's a few extra yards for your punter compared to a potential first down pass? As far as I'm concerned, passing the ball gives you a chance, while running it against a defense that's already stopped every other running play is a lost cause, and the Ravens lost because they refused to see that.

Oh, and Marisa is hot, too. See? Now it's not an entirely off-topic post. :whistle:

Well it depends upon the score and how much time is left in the game, and most importantly, how many yards it is to get the first down on that third down.

Well it depends upon the score and how much time is left in the game, and most importantly, how many yards it is to get the first down on that third down.

Just to bump Marisa and answer this...

In Madden/NCAA (I prefer the latter) when I'm backed up in my own end zone I usually try to run off-tackle (not with a pitch, those lead to a bunch of fumbles or tackles for loss). Often the defense is pre-occupied with stuffing the middle, and if you can break through a tackle or two, your big RB is into the secondary and breaks off a nice long run.

Just to bump Marisa and answer this...

In Madden/NCAA (I prefer the latter) when I'm backed up in my own end zone I usually try to run off-tackle (not with a pitch, those lead to a bunch of fumbles or tackles for loss). Often the defense is pre-occupied with stuffing the middle, and if you can break through a tackle or two, your big RB is into the secondary and breaks off a nice long run.

Yea but a playaction pass as works.

How do you think the Patriots are looking this year?

No one has news about Marisa? :(

It's not really news, but if there's nothing else Marisa-related to mention, then I guess it's time to share the greatest gift anyone has ever gotten me:

Marisa Fathead

Sorry about the crappy picture, all I have right now is a cell phone. She's 3 1/2 feet tall and even better, this is one of my favorite SI pictures ever.

P.S. It doesn't matter where on the field I am in Madden, my offense consists of exactly 4 plays: shotgun roll-outs to both sides, a Z-receiver deep post and quick slants. I haven't won a game in 3 years but at least I never run or punt.

Lucky!!!!!! I want one!! :o