Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

You really think the Niners are going 10-6 this year, bluestars? I wish I could be that optimistic, but even with Gore, I don't trust Smith or Nolan's offense yet. 7-9 or 8-8 is my guess, but I hope I'm wrong.

To keep this slightly on-topic, since the 49ers are Marisa's favorite team, maybe they should have picked her up during free agency. With her athletic skills, she has got to be a better wide receiver than Ashley Lelie.

You really think the Niners are going 10-6 this year, bluestars? I wish I could be that optimistic, but even with Gore, I don't trust Smith or Nolan's offense yet. 7-9 or 8-8 is my guess, but I hope I'm wrong.

To keep this slightly on-topic, since the 49ers are Marisa's favorite team, maybe they should have picked her up during free agency. With her athletic skills, she has got to be a better wide receiver than Ashley Lelie.

Marisa would be a great wide receiver because no one would hit her. Well I might slowly tackel her for the obvious reasons. :gocho:

Marisa would be a great wide receiver because no one would hit her. Well I might slowly tackel her for the obvious reasons. :gocho:

Are you kidding? If I was playing against her, I would get flagged for holding and illegal contact so often I'd be thrown out of the game.

Well, that's what I'm hoping. There are a lot of questions in terms of where the identity of the team stands. So I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 7-9 again, or if we went 10-6. Alex Smith looked sharp in his first preseason game played today. Like a true veteran. Then again, it's just preseason, but he looked a lot more comfortable and the balls he threw were precise and crisp. And they were pretty long gains. But then again, it's only preseason.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad she's a 49ers fan. I couldn't believe it when I found that out a while ago. But maybe I shouldn't be shocked. She's also a smart girl for being a fan of my team. ;)

(They just need to learn that their own one yard line on the third down is NOT the time or place for a running play. :ninja: )

Yes it is. If you pass you have to drop back into the end zone, which could lead to a safety. When you're that backed up, you play it as safe as possible. If you fark up the execution, well, that's just bad luck. You run the ball and try to get some room for your punter.

Yes it is. If you pass you have to drop back into the end zone, which could lead to a safety. When you're that backed up, you play it as safe as possible. If you fark up the execution, well, that's just bad luck. You run the ball and try to get some room for your punter.

Not that I'm trying to turn this into a thread on football, but... I disagree. :laugh: Look at the playoff game last season between the Ravens and the Colts. The Ravens were constantly backed up against their own endzone and their running play game failed completely. They couldn't get first downs using it and therefore they had to punt and leave the Colts with good starting field position. But compare that to the Colts being close to their own endzone: Manning constantly broke out by passing the ball.

Granted, you're right about risking a safety, but with a solid defense, you would like to think getting sacked in the end zone isn't likely to happen. Also, what's a few extra yards for your punter compared to a potential first down pass? As far as I'm concerned, passing the ball gives you a chance, while running it against a defense that's already stopped every other running play is a lost cause, and the Ravens lost because they refused to see that.

Oh, and Marisa is hot, too. See? Now it's not an entirely off-topic post. :whistle: