Bellazon

Misha Collins
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

post-13181-1295633477_thumb.jpg

Misha Collins plays the Angel Castiel in Supernatural.

Misha Collins (born Misha Dmitri Tippens Krushnic) August 20, 1974. He grew up in Massachusetts. After attending the Greenfield Center School, Misha graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon in 1992. In the following year, he pursued a wide variety of interests; including a job at NPR headquarters, a White House internship during the Clinton administration, construction work, and an EMT certification course. He then went on to the University of Chicago where he studied social theory. After college, Misha moved to Washington, DC with his girlfriend (now his wife) Victoria Vantoch, a writer, and started an educational software company.

Then, on a lark, Misha decided to take an acting class, and soon found himself in the midst of a career change. He got a call for a role in Liberty Heights (directed by Barry Levinson), and then landed a part in Girl, Interrupted. He moved to Los Angeles soon thereafter, and now has a substantial list of acting credits to his name, including roles on 24, ER, CSI, Monk, Charmed and NYPD Blue.

Having traveled in Russia and mastered the accent, Misha has been called on several times to play Russian characters in television series—most notably the villainous assassin, Alexis Drazen, on 24. He has also appeared in seven independent feature films, most recently Stonehenge Apocalypse.

Recently, Misha wrote and directed the short film Stranger Danger.

Misha Collins joined Twitter (@mishacollins) on May 12, 2009. He soon attracted a large number of followers, whom he decided to call his minions, a collective term happily adopted by fans. He occasionally refers to himself as their Overlord.

http://www.minionstimulus.com/wordpress/

• 4 weeks later...

Quotes to die for!

Dean: (On Castiel trying to find God) Try New Mexico, I hear he's on a tortilla.

Castiel: No, he's not on any flatbread.

Dean: (on phone) Cas, it's Dean. Yeah, room 31 C, basement level, St. James Medical Center -

Castiel: (appears in front of him) I'm there now.

Dean: Yeah, I get that.

Castiel: I'm gonna hang up now.

Dean: Right.

Castiel: What... is all this? What are you doing?

Balthazar : Whatever I want. This morning I had a ménage à... what's the French word for 12?

Sam: I spent all that time trying to get through to you. Dean calls once and now it’s “Hello?!”

Castiel: Yes.

Sam: So what, you like him better or something?

Castiel: Dean and I do share a more profound bond. (looks at Dean) I wasn’t going to mention it.

• 2 weeks later...