Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

^Like it :yes:

My favourite song from the album. I never knew how incredible is live :shock:

I love those Sing Sing recordings - that one is better than the album version. I finally got to see her perform live earlier this year.. she's wonderful :heart:

:ddr:

Details surrounding new albums from Sleigh Bells and Ladyhawke. have now emerged.

New York duo Sleigh Bells have announced that the follow up to their 2010 debut Treats will be released on February 20, 2012. Reign Of Terror is set to continue Sleigh Bells' signature style with dense, stomping beats and crushing riffs.

Another sophomore album set to be released is Ladyhawke's Anxiety. Due out mid-March, the ten track LP follows on from her award winning debut. After showcasing her new material in a few intimate gigs across London, Sydney and Melbourne, Ladyhawke aka Pip Brown says she's ready to get back to touring

That's the old christmas list sorted, then... :blink:

A new clip has emerged online showing Bon Iver singer Justin Vernon working out for a fitness DVD.

Indie rock stars aren't exactly known for physical perfection. The genre tends to be populated by drop outs and odd balls, the kind of people who just don't fit into most normal walks of life. Which is why it's a bit strange - some would say bizarre - to watch Bon Iver singer Justin Vernon work out.

Footage emerged last week of Justin Vernon pumping some iron. Initially thought to be a hoax, it turns out that the clip is genuine - and forms part of a much wider project. MTV Hive reports that the clip is taken from a full length fitness DVD. Dan Huiting is helming the project, having previously taken charge of the clips for Bon Iver's 'Calgary' and 'Holocene'. "It’s a legit workout DVD. Straight up, for real" he said. "(It's) 45, 50 minutes. Literally, you can work out to it and have music from all the bands we like: Bon Iver, S. Carey, Megafaun, We are the Willows and a couple others that escape me. It’s like a workout mixtape. You can workout to cool music instead of something stupid."

Continuing, Huiting explained that he is working on a full length documentary about Bon Iver. "It’s a workout video. I’m in the middle of a feature film about Bon Iver – a feature-length documentary. So, I follow him pretty much everywhere. I pulled the footage from that because we needed to make a little promo thing."

^post-19363-0-1446185137-41314_thumb.gif

So, what's everyone's favourite albums of the year? As ever, it's so hard to decide, but I think my list looks a little something like this..

01. GOTYE - making mirrors

02. LAURA MARLING - a creature i don't know

03. ANNA CALVI - anna calvi

04. THE KILLS - blood pressures

05. THE WOMBATS - this modern glitch

06. BOY AND BEAR - moonfire

07. THE DECEMBERISTS - the king is dead

08. FLEET FOXES - helplessness blues

09. FOSTER THE PEOPLE - torches

10. ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI - moment bends

11. ELBOW - build a rocket boys!

12. FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE - ceremonials

13. GUILLEMOTS - walk the river

14. THE STROKES - angles

15. KIMBRA - vows

16. FEIST - metals

17. BON IVER - bon iver

18. ART VS. SCIENCE - the experiment

19. SEEKER LOVER KEEPER - seeker lover keeper

20. RADIOHEAD - the king of limbs

Also special mention for the debut albums from The Jezabels and Grouplove (Y)

Some exciting new album news :ddr:

Best Coast's Bethany Cosentino has told triple j Magazine she has big plans for the follow up to their 2010 album Crazy For You.

Tired of being pigeon-holed since their debut, Cosentino says the band will "be taking it a bit more seriously" on album number two.

"(We're) not talking about weed, not talking about cats, just talking about life," she assured triple j Magazine's Samantha Clode while on a recording break at LA's famed Capitol Studios".

I want it to be a lot more produced sounding, less like it was made in two weeks - which [Crazy For You] was. I want it to be a lot more thought out, grown-up. It's really easy with the way bands are tagged into sub-genres of music when they come out.... I don't want to get stuck in the lo-fi, surf-pop genre that everyone threw us into when we started. I'd like to have this record be more grown up... I'm excited to experiment."

And while those experiments have their limits, "We're not going in to make a screamo record", Cosentino does hope they "can gain different fans" while still pleasing any die-hard Best Coast admirers.

One track in particular that excites Cosentino is 'The Only Place', a song she wrote about California around a year ago.

"I was really excited because it's not about a boy, not about love... it's about my love for California. It's one of the more upbeat, poppier songs that will be on the record. I wrote all these songs about boys but my true love is California, so I wanted to write about it, as weird as it sounds."

Four years since their last full-length effort, The Shins have announced they'll be back early in 2012 with album number four.

The 10-track Port Of Morrow once again sees front man James Mercer take on "songwriting duties, lead vocals and the majority of instrumentation."

The band will swell to a 5-piece for touring mode though, with Mercer calling on Yuuki Matthews (bass), Jessica Dobson (guitar), Richard Swift (keyboards) and Joe Plummer (drums).

A full tour itinerary is expected to be announced in the next few weeks.

Read more on the release at The Shins website.

Mumford and Sons are busy putting the final touches to the follow-up to 2010's Sigh No More.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, bassist Ted Dwane said the band have almost finished the album and fans should expect something "more mature" than their first effort.

"The second record is just a reflection of our mindsets, where we're all at. It's doom folk, kind of like Black Sabbath meets Nick Drake."

"We spent a week in Nashville just writing, the four of us, kind of getting together any individual song ideas we had and playing them out", Keyboardist Ben Lovett added.

"We did the same a few weeks ago down in the west country in the U.K. Even though we're right in the heart of it, even in the studio sometimes doesn't feel as free as it is just playing together. It's brilliant."

Mumford & Sons' new album still doesn't have a name or a release date but is expected sometime in 2012.

^post-2993-0-1446185138-96616_thumb.gif

So, what's everyone's favourite albums of the year? As ever, it's so hard to decide, but I think my list looks a little something like this..

01. GOTYE - making mirrors

02. LAURA MARLING - a creature i don't know

03. ANNA CALVI - anna calvi

04. THE KILLS - blood pressures

05. THE WOMBATS - this modern glitch

06. BOY AND BEAR - moonfire

07. THE DECEMBERISTS - the king is dead

08. FLEET FOXES - helplessness blues

09. FOSTER THE PEOPLE - torches

10. ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI - moment bends

11. ELBOW - build a rocket boys!

12. FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE - ceremonials

13. GUILLEMOTS - walk the river

14. THE STROKES - angles

15. KIMBRA - vows

16. FEIST - metals

17. BON IVER - bon iver

18. ART VS. SCIENCE - the experiment

19. SEEKER LOVER KEEPER - seeker lover keeper

20. RADIOHEAD - the king of limbs

Also special mention for the debut albums from The Jezabels and Grouplove (Y)

how is Bon Iver so low :chicken:

also, I know some of you guys posted Lana Del Rey stuff on this page. you guys were pretty ahead of everyone else but she is about to BLOW UP. I mean like full out on pop radio and stuff.

p.s. i will post my top album list shortly

Here is my list... :)

1.Burst Apart - The Antlers

2.Yuck (Reissue) - Yuck

3.Belong - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

4.The Year of Hibernation - Youth Lagoon

5.In The Pit of The Stomach - We Were Promised Jetpacks

6.Bon Iver - Bon Iver

7.Blood Pressures - The Kills

8.On The Water - Future Islands

9.Golden Age - Beat Radio

10.Portamento - The Drums

It's a really beautiful album, but it didn't grab me quite as much as I hoped it would. I still feel like I haven't fully absorbed it after a bunch of playthroughs. There were just too many other albums I loved more this year :chicken:

Death Cab's Codes & Keys didn't even make the list either.. I was a bit disappointed with that.

It's a really beautiful album, but it didn't grab me quite as much as I hoped it would. I still feel like I haven't fully absorbed it after a bunch of playthroughs. There were just too many other albums I loved more this year :chicken:

Death Cab's Codes & Keys didn't even make the list either.. I was a bit disappointed with that.

Me neither, but then to be honest it was always going to be hard pushed too when we are always going to compare to the first album which quite frankly was astonishing in my book. Now you mention Death Cab, im not sure why that didn't make my list...wasn't disappointed with it. But wasn't what i was expecting either i guess :idk: :/

^Indeed, it was a hard act to follow. Still, top 20 is nothing to sneeze at :blah:

Calgary was one of the songs of the year too :heart:

Gotta say, I've no idea what most of your list is :laugh:

Some of them are vague names I've heard before though. I should go get me some Antlers..

^Indeed, it was a hard act to follow. Still, top 20 is nothing to sneeze at :blah:

Calgary was one of the songs of the year too :heart:

Gotta say, I've no idea what most of your list is :laugh:

Some of them are vague names I've heard before though. I should go get me some Antlers..

Thats a good thing no? :ninja: I still get giddy whenever I discover new finds :)

If you plan to listen to "The Antlers" I suggest you start off with "Hospice" The album as a whole is utterly brilliant in my opinion and simply drift away blissfully. The best song to demonstrate that being "Bear"