Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

RE: The Katy Perry Firework promo video

It pretty much sums up why I can't get into Candice. Everyone else is smiling and having fun while she's in her typical pouty, soft core mode. What possessed her to try to make that sexy? Not only does it look forced, but she looks like she's in a completely different video from the rest of the models. That's not a good thing.

I've missed most of the discussion on here :( but I just wanted to give my opinion on what I've seen of the 2010 show so far.

I've only seen one full segment (the Akon one) and parts of other segments...and to me the show seems to have gone so downhill from past years. I miss the days of Gisele, Tyra, Naomi, Heidi, Karolina, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Doutzen and Ana B. These girls know how to WALK. The Akon segment is almost painful to watch. Chanel opens it and looks like she can't even keep her balance. Most of the girls that follow are taking a leisurely stroll down the runway (no hips, no power, nothing sexy at all) and their faces are kind of wandering around the crowd or towards Akon. The others have their hands flailing about in the air, blowing air kisses and their walks are not much better. There's like no consistency at all from one model to the next, and it's far from sexy in my opinion. It looks like a bunch of amateurs.

Even Candice, who used to be my favourite VS Angel, compare her first walk in the PINK Segment of the 2007 show to any of her walks now - it's crazy. In 2007, she was so sexy without even trying. Now she does this "sexy" pout/face that looks so contrived.

Alessandra isn't my favourite Angel but she's the only one in this year's show who seems to belong there. And I miss VS having "curvier" girls like Doutzen, Karolina (even though she was back this year), Tyra and Heidi. Alot of the girls they chose are very beautiful but so high-fashion, and stick thin. It's not about the body size but more about the attitude and there aren't as many that can emulate "sexy" like the girls in the past.

The make-up was terrible too!

Sorry to rant...but I was so shocked with how bad that one segment was. Hope the show is a little better on Tuesday.

Didn't know where else to post this...

Pre-Show Chat with the Angels – Live on UStream

Time

Tuesday, November 30 · 9:00pm - 9:30pm

Location http://www.facebook.com/VictoriasSecret

Created By

Victoria's Secret

More Info Pre-Show Chat with the Angels – Live on UStream

What’s it like to walk with 7” heels and wings?

What was your favorite outfit?

Do you get nervous?

What was your most embarrassing moment on the runway—and what was your favorite?

Bring your burning fashion show questions to our live chat, as Supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio, Candice Swanepoel and Chanel Iman answer your questions from the VS Fashion Show viewing party in NYC.

[image: 2zizf9t.png]

Ok, so I got bored and decided to try and try the latest Fashion Show Challenge on their website early before the show even aired, and looks like the order's been edited for television. In the challenge, they make you put the scenes in order from when they appear in the show, and it looks like Country Girls comes before Game On on television. I'm not going to give the answers away, but it's going to be weird having Candice close a segment, then turn around and open the next after Katy sings if this is true.

Wow, no other opinions yet? The show was rather "blah" again, IMO. On a positive note, the show was much more focused on the models and had less of the annoying slow motion, but there was tons of the annoying stage director comments and the editing was choppy. If you didn't know which bra was the Fantasy Bra before watching the show, you certainly don't know which bra it was after watching the show. And VS really wants us to know which of their models are dating celebrities.

On first viewing, I didn't hate it. I actually liked the editing. There wasn't too much extra filler in terms of goofy stuff between segments, it was cute how the models talked about each other, and we didn't have a "host" - all pluses from me. The outfits translated better to television than they did in photographs. I agree that the fantasy bra did get lost just like people here predicted it would.

not to be all pervy but CBS was really careful about not showing the "backside" of the models. just when they turned around, they panned up. just saying...

that being said, Manu definitely had the best "moment" of the show imo. I don't like that she wasn't there for the finale though.

and I didn't notice the Fantasy bra, so I'm guessing others who also didn't have prior knowledge didn't either.