Bellazon

Adrien Sahores
Thumbnail

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Adrien Sahores interviewed by Zalando Privé

0YMbwNuo.png

Q: Please introduce yourself and tell us how you became a model?
A: My name is Adrien. I am 25 years old born in Vincennes. I have two brothers of 23 and 20 years.
How did I become a model? Well, I was in Paris to do a bit of shopping, which was very unusual at the time. Then a couple asked me if I wanted to be in a show. After reflection, I went to the Ford Agency (now Premium Models) to sign my first contract.

Q: Have your family and relatives encouraged you?
A: My mother is my #1 fan since day one! My father and my brothers are very happy for me. As long as I keep my head on straight they encourage me.

Q: As a model, you travel a lot, what are the cities that you prefer?
A: I loved New York. Super parties, great restaurants. But the pace is quite heavy. Milan reminds me of my childhood in Italy, but I prefer Rome and Florence. I loved the atmosphere in Berlin even though I do not know much about this city. I also had the chance to leave for work in Sao Paulo, Stockholm, Shanghai, Mykonos, Casablanca and many other cities. But Paris is by far one of my favourites.

Q: What have been your favourite collaborations?
A: Hard to say, there are so many! My first campaign Lanvin at the Ritz in Paris, the First Spring film with Prada in Shanghai, Gucci with Mert and Marcus, and even editorials with éric Nehr and Serge Girardi.

Q: In what state of mind are you when you walk on the runway? Do you like that feeling?
A: I’m pretty relaxed, you have to be cool to not appear too stressed. It’s a great feeling, it’s pretty exciting. And the atmosphere backstage is always nice.

Q: Has your career as a model made a big impact on your personal life?
A: Of course. Just travelling, discovering new places, the people I’ve met… The life of a model has also had an impact financially. But I’ve always stayed the same.

Q: Can you share one of your best memories during a fashion show?
A: The atmosphere with the models, meeting famous people in beautiful places, the adrenaline… All of this is very cool but the best memory for me has been the emotion of the people in creative studios. They give their all to reach the final result. This is where you realize that the world of fashion is not just glitz and glamour, but mostly sweat and tears.

Q: What are the qualities a model should have?
A: Have an open mind, be creative, adaptable, available. A healthy amount of self-confidence. But keep your head on your shoulders!

Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of a life of a model?
A: Discovering new places and new cultures through travel, meeting new people, all while being paid! On the other hand, everything is always done at the last minute, it is not easy to manage within the context of a relationship.

Q: Is modelling a job, a passion or a pleasure for you?
A: It is a pleasure and a job. It is necessary to consider it to be a job because it is necessary to be professional but it is also a lot of pleasure. You should not get too into it because when it stops you fall from great heights.

Q: Do you find that there is a difference in the way male models are treated in comparison to female models?
A: Yes, they treat female models more harshly because productions are more important, with bigger budgets and the market is superior to that of the men. Therefore there is more pressure on the job. However, they are better paid.

Q: What is your definition of beauty?
A: Beauty is something that is felt in the moment. It is indescribable.

Q: What is your philosophy of life?
A: To enjoy my family and life. Be respectful, honest, open, and tolerant. Do good things without expecting something in return except perhaps a smile.

Q: What is your clothing style?
A: Pretty discreet. I like fabrics of good quality, to be comfortable in what I wear. I prefer colours like black, blue or grey, but I try to wear more colours.

Q: What are your plans for 2014?
A: Continue to enjoy what life brings me and spend time with people I love. Eat well and party. Pay back my apartment… and get a dog.

Q: And 2020?
A: In 2020 I will be 31. My expectations will be different, perhaps not, we will see. But I would like to have my own business at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...