Bellazon

Marcelo
Thumbnail

madristar

"I am doing my best for this team"

Marcelo: "I hope we beat Athletic on Saturday"

Realmadrid.com

Real Madrid sponsor bwin caught up with Marcelo ahead of the team's match against Athletic Bilbao.

"Real Madrid is always favored to win. Losing has never crossed our minds. We work hard so that it never happens. Athletic is a good team, but we have improved in all areas. I hope we win, and if it's thanks to a goal by me, even better."

"Llorente is a difficult player to stop, but Real Madrid's defense is very good. We are the ones who must make it a tough match. We must continue playing well."

"I am doing my very best for this team. I train hard and play my heart out in order to continue earning my opportunities and to help my team. I have a lot I want to accomplish. I want to win many more titles with Real Madrid. I want to win the Champions League, I want to play here for many years to come, I want to play for Brazil... I have a lot I want to do and I need to keep working hard to achieve them."

In an interview with Radio Marca, Marcelo said the following:

- Mou said he’s in love with me, and I am also in love with him (laughs).

- I spoke a lot with Pepe [during the Valencia game]. After that incident he had with Getafe, a lot of players try to provoke him during the 90 minutes (to make him react) with elbows, kicks, etc. Everyone can see that Pepe keeps a cool head and does not get provoked. He’s like a brother to me, he’s the one that takes care of me the most in Real Madrid.

- We have Iker Casillas as a captain, but Sergio Ramos also talks a lot. Xabi and Cristiano are also captains although they don’t wear the armband.