Bellazon

Mad Men

AnaBBarrosFan

I see Alex Mack, the radioactive teenager from the kids' TV series, is married to Ken Cosgrove too. I'm now half expecting Carlton Banks to turn up at some point. :hehe:

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm finding Pete oddly sympathetic these days. Because of his privileged background, appearances are very important to him but he never seems sure what to say, or how to react naturally to situations. Everything he does is to some extent, an act, and his every attempt to become 'one of the gang' seems to blow up in his face. His rise through the agency has, of course, added to his arrogance but still, he's a deeply unhappy fellow.

^ I noticed that too. She looks better with longer hair.

I agree. Since last season I have been liking Peter. He has gained a personality and become more entertaining, but at the same time less of a douche.

I think he behaves the the way he does is b/c he is a spoiled brat who is used to living the good life. At the same time he is insecure and needs to be constantly validated and feel respected. The irony is the more he does that the less people think of him. He is also rarely satisfied with the status of his life because he often thinks the is greener on the other side, and he might be "missing out on something better".

Harry used to be a character I liked but he has become such a douche. So odd, the more I like Pete the less I like Harry.

Roger and Ken are still 2 of my favorites (among many other :p)

Lane is most definitely my favourite character, closely followed by Ken, Joan, and Roger, who still seems to get all the best lines. My feelings towards the others tend to fluctuate from week to week. Just when I think I've got someone worked out, something subtle will usually happen that totally shifts my perception of them.

I suppose Pete's insecurities aren't helped by the fact that he's greased his way through the company by having a lot of business connections, as opposed to any discernable skill. He's stuck in the unenviable position of being an untalented person amongst talented people, and as a result, he tries to overcompensate in other areas.

I did find his punch-up with Lane hilarious though. :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just finished season 1.

For a fashion forum, there doesn't seem to be much talk about how incredibly awesome the clothes are. Immaculate tailoring with clean lines and a lot of attention to detail

I'm inclined to agree. Goshdarnit though, did the clothes ever get ugly fast in the mid-sixties... :yuckky:

post-20523-0-1445986775-73088_thumb.jpg

As funny as the image of Don Draper with sideburns might be, I think we should count our blessings that the show probably won't be continuing past 1969-ish. :laugh:

I can't believe Joan went through with it. I understand why she did. But I thought for sure she was going to get up off that hotel room bed, say something clever & walk out. Thank you to Pete for reclaiming the creepiest character status. And finally, I'm really going to miss Peggy. Hope it's temporary. She's been my favorite character since the beggining.

Well my heart died a little after last night's episode. WTF is it with the male characters on this show? They are all horrible with the exeption of Ken Cosgrove.

I have always liked Ken. This week's episode just reiterated his AWESOMENESS!!! (Y)

I can't believe Joan went through with it. I understand why she did. But I thought for sure she was going to get up off that hotel room bed, say something clever & walk out. Thank you to Pete for reclaiming the creepiest character status. And finally, I'm really going to miss Peggy. Hope it's temporary. She's been my favorite character since the beggining.

I was pretty shocked she went through with it as well! Like you I understood why she did it. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic of her relationships w/ the men in the office will change and develop.

I was starting to like Pete. His actions this week was just scummy. However, his doucheness does make the show more entertaining :p

I am glad Peggy finally stood up to Don. He has treated her like a second class citizen long enough. Someone needs to show Don he cannot always have it his way no matter how much he tries to charm, throw a hissy fit or whine. Peggy was the perfect person to let him have it. She is one of the crucial characters so I doubt they will give her less camera time. Especially since there are just a couple episode left.

Well my heart died a little after last night's episode. WTF is it with the male characters on this show? They are all horrible with the exeption of Ken Cosgrove.

I have always liked Ken. This week's episode just reiterated his AWESOMENESS!!! (Y)

I was pretty shocked she went through with it as well! Like you I understood why she did it. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic of her relationships w/ the men in the office will change and develop.

I was starting to like Pete. His actions this week was just scummy. However, his doucheness does make the show more entertaining :p

I am glad Peggy finally stood up to Don. He has treated her like a second class citizen long enough. Someone needs to show Don he cannot always have it his way no matter how much he tries to charm, throw a hissy fit or whine. Peggy was the perfect person to let him have it. She is one of the crucial characters so I doubt they will give her less camera time. Especially since there are just a couple episode left.

I hope you're right about Peggy not losing any screen time.

Just when I was starting to warm to Pete. What a plonker! :persuazn:

For me, the recurring theme of S5 is Don becoming dreadfully out of touch, culminating this week in three utterly useless pitches. The first, to Joan, when the deed had already been done. The second, to Jaguar after the deal was sealed and, most significantly of all, to Peggy after grossly underappreciating her.

Incidentally, I do hope we haven't seen the last of Peggy, it'd be a great shame if the show were to lose an actress of Elisabeth Moss's calibre.

sundays episode was so intense. Here's what I have to say about Lane...

post-54896-0-1445986776-05762_thumb.gif

I didn't think they could top the episode with Joan prostituting, but wow! I can't say I didn't see it coming though, but it was well done. I really love Sally Draper, I love her lines. I read an article saying that Peggy Olson would be no more? But it can't be!

Poor old Lane. :( Between his demise and Peggy's exit from the agency, I think there's a distinct divide emerging between those who get ahead and those who don't. The perceived 'outsiders' of the show (women, gay men, foreign interlopers etc) are always the ones who seem to fall by the wayside. Not a criticism of the show, just a sad observation of the times, I suppose.

Also, Betty appears to be slowly morphing into Cybill Shepherd. :huh: