Bellazon

Breaking Bad

Prettyphile

Bang Showbiz Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 AM

Bryan Cranston says Aaron Paul is ''like a son'' to him.

The 57-year-old actor - who has 20-year-old daughter Taylor with wife Robin Dearden - has remained close to his 'Breaking Bad' co-star and they are still in contact all the time, even though the show ended several months ago.

He said: ''We're very close. He's my pal for life. He's just like a son to me. Not just that but he's a really fantastic actor, and I have to say that he's an even better person.''

Bryan is currently portraying former U.S. president Lyndon B. Johnson in Broadway production 'All the Way' and finds appearing on the New York stage ''very powerful.''

He told Rolling Stone magazine: ''There's more immediate reward on this stage then there was on the 'Breaking Bad' set. You're in the moment. You can say something and then hear an audience gasp or just hear them feel a sentence. Or laugh. It's very powerful. With television and film, it's different. It's fun too but you have to wait a long time for that indulgence.''

The 'Malcolm in the Middle' star is on the hunt for ''challenging'' roles now 'Breaking Bad' is over.

Asked what sort of roles he is looking for, he said: Interesting and challenging ones. The most important thing for me, which was the case with 'Breaking Bad', is the story and the writing.''

However, he won't rule out reprising his role as cancer-stricken chemistry teacher-turned-drug lord Walter White in forthcoming 'Breaking Bad' spin-off 'Better Call Saul'.

He said: ''I have no idea [if I'll appear]. Possibly? I'd be open to it for sure! It'd be fun to go back into the New Mexico desert and play with all my old friends.''

post-2904-0-1446101517-91459_thumb.gif

---------

Jonathan Banks Joins ‘Breaking Bad’ Prequel ‘Better Call Saul’

Jonathan Banks has joined Bob Odenkirk in “Better Call Saul,” AMC/Sony TV’s upcoming prequel to Emmy-winning “Breaking Bad” that focuses on Odenkirk’s criminal lawyer Saul Goodman, sources confirm to Variety. Banks will be a series regular on the show, which is slated to premiere in November on AMC.

Conceived by “Breaking Bad’s” creator Vince Gilligan and writer-producer Peter Gould, “Better Call Saul” will chronicle the evolution of Saul before he became Walter White’s lawyer.

Banks was a regular on “Breaking Bad” and played Saul’s trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut. His casting means that Saul will have his helper back by his side. Odenkirk and Banks are the only actors set for “Better Call Saul” so far.

Deadline first reported the news.

variety.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

post-20251-0-1446101520-7733_thumb.jpg

LOS ANGELES – “Breaking Bad” may have been off the air for nearly a year, but it was fresh in the minds of Emmy voters. At Monday night’s 2014 Emmy Awards, the series won five statuettes, including drama series, lead actor, supporting actor and actress, and writing.

“Thank you so much for this wonderful farewell to our show,” creator Vince Gilligan as he accepted the series trophy during the ceremony telecast by NBC from Nokia Theatre.

Bryan Cranston earned his fourth Emmy for lead actor for his role as Walter White. It had been hotly contested race between Cranston and Matthew McConaughey for “True Detective.”

“Even I thought about voting for Matthew,” Cranston said in a humorous acceptance speech, adding that he didn’t know why he’d been “blessed with an abundance of good fortune in my life. …

“I love to act, it is a passion of mine,” he said, “and I will do it till my last breath.”

Anna Gunn picked up her second consecutive trophy for supporting actress, and Aaron Paul won his third in the supporting category.

“My God, ‘Breaking Bad,’ it has changed my life,” said Paul.

Writing honors for the series went to Moira Walley-Beckett.

fox5sandiego.com

'Breaking Bad' goes out on top at Emmy Awards

By Todd Leopold, CNN

updated 12:30 AM EDT, Tue August 26, 2014

(CNN) -- "Breaking Bad" is in blue heaven.

The AMC series -- about a chemistry teacher-turned-drug lord who rides powerful methamphetamine called "Blue" to wealth and pain -- concluded its triumphant run last year as one of the most-lauded TV series of all time: the story of "Mr. Chips turning into Scarface," as creator Vince Gilligan liked to describe it. On Monday, the show received one more set of honors: a slew of nods at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards, including the Emmy for outstanding drama series.

The show won six Emmys total, second only to "Sherlock: His Last Vow's" seven among all programs.

There was some tough competition this year, notably from "True Detective," the moody HBO detective series starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

Bryan Cranston won the lead actor Emmy for his performance as meth king Walter White, beating out the Oscar-winning McConaughey, who was the subject of laudatory and humorous remarks all night long.

"Even I thought about voting for Matthew," joked Cranston, and then turned serious.

"My own family nicknamed me Sneaky Pete," he said, noting he didn't expect he'd find his niche. And then he found acting.

He dedicated the Emmy to "all the Sneaky Petes of the world. ... Take a chance, take a risk. It's really worth it.”

Aaron Paul got his third win for playing Jesse Pinkman, White's sometimes undependable right hand.

"I've learned so much, on screen and off," he said to Cranston, sitting in the audience.

And Anna Gunn won for outstanding supporting actress for her performance as White's wife. She also won last year.

Show writer Moira Walley-Beckett also won.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JUST FINISHED :chicken:

And all I can say is damn what a show. These people who constantly talk about breaking bad weren't kidding. Once you start watching the show, you can't help but constantly rave about it :chicken:

Everything from the acting, to the filming, metaphors, symbolism, its all just amazing. I'm happy Walt came clean and said he did it for him and because he liked it. 

Also has anybody figured the significance of the color purple throughout Hank and Marie's house? I figure they it has to be something besides it was just Marie's favorite color. 

Also has anybody figured the significance of the color purple throughout Hank and Marie's house? I figure they it has to be something besides it was just Marie's favorite color.

Marie's false sense of regality. Her denial and kleptomanic tendencies to keep up with this delusion.