Bellazon

Real Madrid News

madristar

Mourinho confirms Khedira pursuit

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has confirmed the club would like to sign Stuttgart midfielder Sami Khedira.

The 23-year-old German international was among the stars of the World Cup in South Africa where Germany finished third after losing to eventual winners Spain in the semi-final.

Khedira is believed to have a €10 million buy-out clause on his head, which will not stretch Madrid's purse.

Mourinho revealed his plan of signing one defender and one midfielder to bolster his current squad after the captures of Angel Di Maira and Pedro Leon but is adamant the club will not break the bank as they seek to change their spendthrift ways.

He was quoted by AS as saying: "We're not going to be kings of the [transfer] market. I'll bet on the usual philosophy of Madrid, signing players with projection, with more room for learning.

"We signed [Angel] Di Maria, who it's true that he was expensive [€30 million], but he has great potential, and we go for [sami] Khedira, with a huge room for improvement. It is a market direction that I love.

"We need a defender and a midfielder, but with balance and without dramatics. There is a great base from last season and that will give competition to the group. It is complicated, because when Madrid is interested in a player prices soar so astronomically."

Guti: I'm excited over Besiktas move

Real Madrid midfielder Guti has revealed he is excited about joining Besiktas but conceded the decision lies with his club.

The 33-year-old, who has spent his entire career at the Bernabeu, is set to get a taste of life elsewhere with Besiktas keen on having him in their side.

And now Guti has emerged to express his interest in joining the Turkish side.

Spanish sports daily Marca quoted the Spaniard as saying: "I continue to be a player of Real Madrid. It is true that I have received an interesting offer from Besiktas in Turkey and the truth is that it is a place where I want to go, especially because of [bernd] Schuster, who is their coach.

"But nothing has been finalised yet. I will try to talk to the club [Real Madrid] on July 25 and from there we will see.

"The truth is I am very excited about this offer, but I know that Madrid will have the last word in the end because I have a year left on my current contract."

When probed whether a move out of the Bernabeu is imminent, the midfielder added: "I cannot answer [this question] because I do not know. What I want to do is talk to Jorge [Valdano, Real's general manager) and the president [Florentino Perez] and from there we will decide."

Guti however, did not rule out staying in Madrid.

"I do not know," he declared.

"We would have to talk. I have to talk to [coach Jose] Mourinho, Jorge, the president, and after knowing what they want and desire, we will decide. So far, I have not spoken to Mourinho."

Real deal for Getafe's Pedro Leon

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has bolstered his midfield by striking a deal to sign Pedro Leon from Getafe.

Pedro Leon, 23, has agreed a six-year contract and will undergo physical tests in the morning before being confirmed as the club's latest acquisition at lunchtime.

The former Spain Under-21 international has been widely travelled during the early years of his career, playing for Murcia, Levante, Valladolid and Getafe.

He has played on both flanks and is recognised as a free-kick expert.

Real start pre-season training

Ten members of Real Madrid's senior squad reported for pre-season duty for the first time under new coach Jose Mourinho.

The club's World Cup winners, including captain Iker Casillas, are expected to link up with their team-mates on August 2.

Two players absent from the club's training ground in Valdebebas, where those in attendance underwent medical exams, were veteran striker Raul and midfielder Guti.

The Spaniards are both under contract with the club for another year but have yet to confirm if they will remain at the Bernabeu for the 2010/11 campaign.

Guti has been strongly linked with Turkish side Besiktas.

Meanwhile, reports in the Spanish press claim Germany international Sami Khedira could become Madrid's next signing.

The 23-year-old midfielder attracted the attention of top European clubs after enjoying a starring role for Germany at the World Cup.

Khedira, who is under contract with Stuttgart until June 2011, scored a decisive header in a 3-2 win against Uruguay in the third-place play-off.

So far this summer, Madrid's only new signing has been Argentina midfielder Angel di Maria.

Di Maria has joined from Benfica in a 25million euro transfer.

Reports in the local media also suggest the club could finalise the acquisition of Spanish midfielder Pedro Leon from Getafe in the next 24 hours.

Madrid confirmed goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has signed a one-year contract extension,

The Pole's previous deal with the Spanish giants expired this month.

"Real Madrid and Jerzy Dudek have reached an agreement for the player to remain at the club until June 2011," read a statement from the club.

The 37-year-old joined Madrid in the summer of 2007 from Liverpool and has had limited playing time as an understudy to Casillas.

Dudek was present at the training session.

Real Madrid still keen on Mueller

Real Madrid will continue to pursue Thomas Mueller despite Bayern Munich's reluctance to let him leave.

Mueller was one of the stars of the recently concluded World Cup.

His five goals and three assists earned him both the 'Golden Boot' as well as the 'Young Player of the Tournament' in addition to plaudits from football pundits across the globe.

Understandably, his profile has gone up considerably with a bunch of big clubs expressing interest in him.

According to reports in Sport, Real Madrid is one of those clubs. The reports claims that Jose Mourinho has made Mueller one of his prime targets for the summer despite Bayern trying to lure the youngster to stay by offering him a new deal.

It promises to be a tough six weeks for the Bundesliga clubs after their young side stole the headlines in South Africa.

Werder Bremen are fending off interest in Mesut Oezil from Arsenal amongst others while Stuttgart are faced with similar difficulties with regards to Sami Khedira.

Bayern's Lukas Podolski is also being targetted by Manchester City as well as AC Milan.

Leon: Real best team in the world!

Real Madrid signing Pedro Leon has begun his Bernabeu career by striking the right note i.e. praising his new employers.

Leon was unveiled in front of the press on Friday after completing all the formalities of his transfer from Getafe and at once began the process of ingratiating himself with the club.

"Yes, there was interest from other clubs," the 23-year-old told reporters.

"But that was beside the point. When I was told that Real Madrid wanted me, I told my agent that my dream was to wear the white shirt.

"I wanted to thank Madrid for fulfilling a dream I've had since childhood. I will work to my best. I will give everything for this shirt and this badge. I hope to lift many trophies.

"I've come to the best team in the world."

Club president Florentino Perez seemed equally pleased by Leon's arrival.

"We want great Spanish players in our side," he declared. "We believe that Pedro is one of them. He has the ability and personality to wear the shirt of Real Madrid."

After Perez's Galacticos Redux philosophy came up a cropper last season with Real ending the season trophyless, it seems there is more thought and less abandon behind this summer's signings.

Leon was a consistently excellent performer for Getafe last season - shining as an attacking midfielder. Whether he can find enough room to spread his wings in an ego-filled los Blancos side remains to be seen though.

Ramos to support UNICEF in Senegal

The Real Madrid defender returns to Africa after winning the World Cup title

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos will spend his first days on holiday collaborating with UNICEF Spain in several initiatives of their Sports for Development programme.

Ramos will travel to Senegal looking to learn about the situation children are in and the programmes UNICEF implements there. There defender hopes to help improve living conditions for children in the country. "We should all support work that focuses on children," said the Madridista.

Ramos will visit places where programmes that strive to make children go to school and that focus on child protection are implemented. These programmes hope to provide vulnerable children who may also suffer from social exclusion with a safe environment and with options for development.

This is the first trip Sergio Ramos takes with UNICEF to a developing country. He has collaborated with them in several projects during the last three years, in particular the two editions of the Champions for Africa match. Ramos captains one of the teams, while the other is captained by Frederick Kanoute.

Guti: I am excited about joining Besiktas but Real Madrid will have the final say

Real Madrid midfielder Guti insists that he is enthusiastic about joining Turkish side Besiktas but has added that the final decision will be taken by the Spanish club.

The 33-year-old is set to move away from the Bernabeu after having played his entire career there with Besiktas the frontrunners to secure his signature.

Spanish sports daily Marca quotes the Spain midfielder as saying: "I continue to be a player of Real Madrid. It is true that I have received an interesting offer from Besiktas in Turkey and the truth is that it is a place where I want to go, especially because of [bernd] Schuster, who is their coach.

"But nothing has been finalised yet. I will try to talk to the club [Real Madrid] on July 25 and from there we will see.

"The truth is I am very excited about this offer, but I know that Madrid will have the last word in the end because I have a year left on my current contract."

When asked if a move to Istanbul is imminent, the midfielder added: "I cannot answer [this question] because I do not know. What I want to do is talk to Jorge [Valdano, Los Blancos' general manager] and the president [Florentino Perez] and from there we will decide."

Guti also hinted that staying with Jose Mourinho's side is not entirely out of the question.

"I do not know [about a possible future with Real Madrid]," he mused. "We would have to talk. I have to talk to [coach Jose] Mourinho, Jorge, the president, and after knowing what they want and desire, we will decide. So far, I have not spoken to Mourinho."

Mourinho's Five Golden Rules To Steer Real Madrid

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has apparently laid down the law at his first training session with his new team declaring that if anyone arrives late for the team bus, he will leave without them.

"I will wait for nobody. If someone arrives late for the team bus, they will be left behind, even if we have to play with a man less," the Special One is quoted as saying by Marca.

The Portuguese trainer has highlighted five golden rules which his squad must adhere to while he remains in charge. They are as follows:

1. Anyone who arrives late for training will not train with the team and must instead train alone. Training sessions begin at 0930 CET.

2. Punctuality is obviously a key for Mou, as his second rule stipulates that the team bus will always leave on time and those who arrive late will not travel to games.

3. Training sessions will last 90 minutes but will be intense workouts with little emphasis on physical work without the ball.

4. Injured players must arrive at the Valdebebas training base one hour before training to be assessed by medical staff. The doctors will then inform the coach if they are able to train.

5. The use of mobile phones and listening to music is permitted on the team bus but the mobiles must be silent, while listening equipment must not be sufficiently loud to interfere with others.

Mourinho certainly seems intent on enforcing discipline on Madrid's current band of Galacticos ahead of his first season at the helm.

FROM : http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201007/60126.php

Pellegrini hits back at Madrid

Manuel Pellegrini has criticized former team Real Madrid stating that he had little support or authority at the Bernabeu.

The 56-year took charge of ‘Los Blancos' in the summer of 2009 after a successful spell with Villarreal, but was sacked at the end of the 2009-2010 season after a miserable campaign that resulted in no silverware.

In an interview with El Mercurio, Pellegrini cited poor communication with the club hierarchy and a lack of support as the main reasons behind the poor results.

"We did not win the Champions League because we didn't have a structured squad to win it, and that was my main disagreement.

In the Cup we did very badly, it was a shame and I am totally responsible for that."

The Chilean manager also claimed that he had little authority over the club's transfers and was forced to sell a number of players, such as Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder, whom he considered important.

"We had a difference of opinion regarding the formation of the squad. Some players whom I felt important were sold."

Real Madrid will now look to new manager Jose Mourinho as they seek to regain the La Liga title.

Source:EspnStar.com/laliga

Casillas impressed with Mourinho

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas says he is impressed by the approach of new coach Jose Mourinho ahead of their new campaign.

Spain captain Casillas lifted the World Cup just a week ago in South Africa, but his thoughts are already beginning to turn to the new domestic season.

Madrid's World Cup stars were originally due back at the club for pre-season training on August 9, but Mourinho has decided he wants his players to return a week earlier.

"That's fine," the goalkeeper said in an interview with AS.

"I have spoken to him a couple of times and I like his way of thinking. He wants the players to come back rested and ready to work. Being world champions makes you forget about everything."

Casillas anticipates an intriguing battle with fierce rivals Barcelona next season, but believes Spain's World Cup triumph may have brought the supporters of the two clubs closer together.

"I think we have made the fans (of both clubs) feel more reflected," he said.

"There are Madrid fans that appreciate (Barcelona midfielder) Xavi, for example, or Catalans who like the dedication of (Real full-back Sergio) Ramos."

In the meantime, however, the Spain captain says he wants to keep on savouring his side's World Cup success.

"In South Africa it was a strange sensation. We were so far away and we didn't know what the atmosphere was like in Spain. We were desperate to get back and celebrate it here and what we have experienced has been unforgettable," he said.

And Casillas says he is happy to see the triumph being celebrated by the whole country, despite the fact that some regions want independence from Spain.

"That was the best thing of all," he said.

"We have given a lot of joy to the people. We don't get involved with politics. I respect the ideologies of everyone, but we have to be centred on our sport."

Casillas also lifted the European Championship trophy two years ago, but says the World Cup is much more special.

"The Euro is special and it was amazing, but this is four times bigger," he said.

And the keeper says lifting the famous trophy was the realisation of a dream.

"I wanted this from a young age. I had seen (Lothar) Matthaus, Dunga, (Didier) Deschamps, Cafu and (Fabio) Cannavaro lift the trophy and I wanted that photo as well, not for lifting the Cup itself but for being world champion," he said.

"When I lifted it to the sky, my dream came true.

"(FIFA president Sepp) Blatter congratulated me and he told me we deserved it, and that we had been the best team in the World Cup."

Looking ahead to 2012, Casillas hopes Barcelona defender Carles Puyol, who is reportedly set to retire from the international game, can be persuaded to stay on.

"He has his ideas. He told me that what he wanted was to lift the World Cup and I think he'll say goodbye (to Spain), but we're all tired at the moment," he said.

"He is very necessary in this team and he can easily stay on until 2012."

SOURCE; EspnStar.com

Real Madrid open to Diarra move

Real Madrid are considering letting Newcastle United move for midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.

The Daily Mirror said Spanish sources claim the 29-year-old Mali captain will be offered to the newly-promoted Magpies.

The report reckons Real boss Jose Mourinho has held talks with Diarra about his future and is willing to let him go back to the Barclays Premier League. He joined the Spanish side for about £20million four years ago from Portsmouth.

Diarra, who was a central figure at the club in his first two seasons, has recently seen his playing time and influence at Real wane.

A likely stumbling block for the deal will be the midfielder's wages - Newcastle are said to be operating with a £30,000-a-week wage cap.

Getafe want Leon back on loan

Getafe sporting director Toni Munoz hopes Real Madrid-bound Pedro Leon will be able to return to the club on loan next season.

The clubs have yet to officially announce a deal has been done for the winger, who is currently at pre-season training, but Getafe coach Michel revealed Leon has been sold to Madrid.

Reports suggest the 23-year-old could be sent back on loan to Getafe for the season to ensure he has regular first-team football, and Munoz hopes this will be the case.

"It's logical that the boss wants the best. We're going to try so that that player stays," he said. "He really wants to play and identifies himself a lot with the club. What will happen will be shown in the coming days.

"He's a player who is desired by many clubs. What's important is that now he is training.

"Madrid have their eye on him. We're going to keep calm and what there is to know will be known in the next few days."

Leon joined Getafe from Valladolid on a five-year contract last summer and played in nearly every single game for the Madrid-based side as they finished sixth in the Primera Division and qualified for the Europa League.

Pellegrini blasts Perez influence on Real transfers

Former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini believes his chances of bringing success to the Santiago Bernabeu were undermined by president Florentino Perez's chaotic transfer policy.

Manuel Pellegrini was sacked despite leading Real Madrid to their best La Liga points haul

Pellegrini was sacked by Real in the summer following a season in which the club ended up without a trophy, despite a huge outlay of €250 million last summer.

Pellegrini, who has been replaced by Jose Mourinho, agrees that he had some of the world's finest talent at his disposal in his sole season at the Bernabeu, but claims the squad was unbalanced.

"They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position,'' he told Chilean newspaper El Mercurio.

"It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist - Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won't be able to do it so well."

While Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo were brought in last summer, Netherlands midfielders Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder were sold by incoming president Perez.

The two went on to have hugely successful seasons with Bayern Munich and Inter Milan respectively, winning a host of trophies domestically before meeting in the Champions League final at the end of May and playing together in the World Cup final last Sunday. An Pellegrini says the pair should have been kept.

"(Perez) sold players that I considered important," he said. "We had a difference of opinion with regards to the building of the squad.

"We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it - that was my main discrepancy with Florentino Perez.''

Despite ending up without a title, Pellegrini led Madrid to their most successful season ever in terms of league points, pushing champions Barcelona all the way until the last round of Primera Division matches.

Nevertheless, the former Villarreal coach believes he would have been axed even if he had managed to win the Primera Division title.

"Even if I had won the league I would have been out,'' he said. "I didn't have a voice or a vote.''

FROM ESPNSOCCERNET.com

• 2 months later...

Parternship with Chilean academy extended

TorneoChile

Encuentro entre las alumnas de las escuelas de Chile

More photos

Realmadrid.com

* Enlarge text

* Reduce text

* Ver en tuenti

* compartir

o del.icio.us del.icio.us

o digg digg

o technorati technorati

o yahoo yahoo

o meneame meneame

The Foundation will continue its relationship with the Friends of Real Madrid Chile Foundation until 2014

Realmadrid.com

On Wednesday the Real Madrid Foundation and the Friends of Real Madrid Chile Foundation extended their partnership with the social sports academy located in Santiago.

Director General of the Real Madrid Foundation, Julio Gonzalez Ronco and SEK Univerity and Friends of Real Madrid Chile Foundation President, Jorge Segovia met at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday to sign the deal.

Students of the Chilean academy are expected to visit Spain in the near future.

Inter planning bid for Xabi Alonso

Inter Milan are plotting an ambition raid for Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso, according to reports in Italy.

Publication Corriere dello Sport claim Inter president Massimo Moratti has pin-pointed the Spanish midfield maestro as a much needed reinforcement to his side following a injury-prone and indifferent start to the season so far.

Among the casualty list is Argentinean Esteban Cambiasso, who faces a spell on the sidelines through injury while Sulley Muntari is deemed as an inadequate replacement.

Therefore, Moratti sees Alonso as the solution for Rafael Benitez's headaches in midfield.

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has also joined Alonso in Inter's wishlist.

The German international's contract at the club will expire in June 2012 and has yet to commit his future to the Bundesliga champions, who have endured a troubled start to their season.

Alonso: Cristiano Ronaldo will find the target for Real Madrid soon

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso is certain Cristiano Ronaldo will not be concerned with his poor form in front of goal, and believes the Portuguese will begin finding the target again soon.

The former Manchester United winger had a total of 11 efforts on goal during los Blancos’ 2-0 win over Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday evening, but could not add his name to the scoresheet and appeared increasingly frustrated as the match wore on.

Madrid on the whole squandered a number of excellent opportunities to record a more convincing victory, but Alonso believes that CR7 is not anxious, and will eventually find his scoring touch once again.

During a press conference today, Alonso said: “As always he would have liked to score, and there were many chances for many players. There will be opportunities in the future and we will make sure we find the net. Ronaldo should not be anxious, because strikers often score in spurts. There will always be chances, because often we are going to be the best team in attack. I am sure that he will soon score.”