Bellazon

Mesut Özil
Thumbnail

ellie sky

Full name Mesut Özil

Date of birth 15 October 1988 (1988-10-15) (age 21)

Place of birth Gelsenkirchen, West Germany

Height 1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)[1]

Playing position Attacking midfielder / Winger

Current club Werder Bremen

Number 11

Özil's brother Mutlu is also a footballer, playing for Heßler 06 in Gelsenkirchen. Currently, he is in a relationship with Anna Maria Lagerblom, sister of German singer Sarah Connor. (Source:Wikipedia)

post-40670-1277517130_thumb.jpg

post-40670-1277517140_thumb.jpg

post-40670-1277517148_thumb.jpg

post-40670-1277517156_thumb.jpg

post-40670-1277517168_thumb.jpg

He's cute.

Özil's brother Mutlu is also a footballer who is playing for Heßler 06 in Gelsenkirchen.

Özil is of Turkish descent, his family is originally from Zonguldak in Northern Turkey. Özil is engaged to Anna-Maria Lagerblom , the sister of Sarah Connor, who in June 2010 converted to Islam in alignment with his beliefs.

Özil's nickname is The Insect, and he claims he models his football skills on worker ants.

You are the most welcome XiaoShen! I am searching for rare photos of Ozil, Schweini, and ohhh I am intrigued with Mr.Klose as well! :laugh::blush:

I just hope he would extend his contract with germany again!!

You are the most welcome XiaoShen! I am searching for rare photos of Ozil, Schweini, and ohhh I am intrigued with Mr.Klose as well! :laugh::blush:

I just hope he would extend his contract with germany again!!

Awesome! Good Luck to Ozil today!

He plays against Uruguay :fun:

• 1 month later...

Ozil: La Liga better than Bundesliga

New Real Madrid signing Mesut Ozil has declared that the Spanish league is superior to the German one.

Ozil is Madrid's latest capture, having signed for los Blancos from Werder Bremen this week and has been on a public relations spree ever since he arrived in Madrid.

In latest comments quoted by the club's official website, he said: "I always watch the derbies, the Clasicos and games between Real Madrid and great teams like Valencia, though I wasn't able to watch many weekend games because I was playing at the same time. La Liga is one of the strongest football competitions in the world, so I'm delighted to be here.

"The game is stronger here because the championship has many of the best players in the world, like Ronaldo and Kaka."

The World Cup semi-finalist with Germany once again explained just how his move to Europe's most successful club came to fruition, reiterating his respect for Mourinho.

"I think Real Madrid are the best team in the world and they have some of the world's best players, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and many more. I am delighted to be here with them.

"I am also proud to have a coach like Jose Mourinho want me on this team. That's the real reason I'm here. He is one of the best coaches in the world. It is a privilege to be able to work with him. I am anxious to start.

"I spoke with Mourinho about what he wants me to do on this team. He wanted me here and that's why I came. I've been in touch with Sami Khedira through SMS, but he is the only player I know here. I met the rest on my first day at work.

"He told me he wanted me to come here. He also said the club is fantastic and that the weather is very nice here in Madrid. He mentioned that all the players are very nice and that he was having a great time.

"Now that I'm here I've seen it with my own eyes. I am very happy to be here and I had a great time with my new team-mates during training."

Ozil then made some optimistic comments regarding Real's upcoming season.

"Yes, I've scored beautiful goals both with Werder Bremen and Germany. This is a new challenge for me and I want to show what I'm capable of. I want to win titles and help the team achieve its objectives for the season.

"I believe we can achieve a lot this year. We have all the necessary ingredients and I would like to win La Liga and the Champions League at the end of the campaign.

"I'm not afraid of [not not being a regular starter] because the situation was the same at Werder Bremen. I think it's normal for it to be that way. I will do everything I can and I will let the coach decide."

Real start their La Liga campaign against Mallorca on August 29.

Ozil: I can be the next Zidane!

Mesut Ozil hopes to follow in the footsteps of former Real Madrid hero and personal idol Zinedine Zidane.

Ozil, who was unveiled in an official presentation at the Bernabeu on Wednesday, has been nicknamed 'The German Zidane' by some sectors of the Madrid press, and the 21-year-old is happy with the comparison.

"He was my hero," Ozil told German newspaper Bild. "As a boy I admired his skills on television and I tried to copy them.

"I'm honoured by the comparison."

Ozil links up with fellow Germany midfielder Sami Khedira at Madrid and revealed he called his international team-mate before putting pen to paper.

"I spoke to him before the transfer and he was thrilled (to be at Madrid). I am happy he is here," he said.

Ozil believes he has signed for the best club in the world and expects to win titles with his new team.

"Real Madrid is a symbol of success - it's the best club in the world. Whoever comes here does so to win titles," he said.

"I only wanted to come here. To play for Real Madrid is a special honour."

Ozil said in his presentation that Madrid coach Jose Mourinho was key to his decision to join and the former Werder Bremen star reiterated the importance of the Portuguese in his transfer.

"The conversation I had with him was decisive. Mourinho wanted me and that made things very clear - that's why I'm here at Real Madrid," he said.

Ozil: It's an honour to play for Real

Real Madrid new signing Mesut Ozil declared at his unveiling that it is an honour to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.

The German World Cup star completed his move from Werder Bremen to Madrid on Wednesday after putting pen to paper to a six-year contract at the Bernabeu.

And after months of deliberation, the 21-year-old is delighted to have sealed his move to the Bernabeu.

He said during his official unveiling: "Nothing had been decided before yesterday and I can honestly say I am glad this has had a happy ending.

"I only aspire to make progress at Real Madrid. This is a great challenge for me. I've always concentrated hard and I like to work hard. I stepped on fifth gear and reached the club for which I wanted to play.

"Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I discussed several options with my advisors, but I wanted to come here because I wanted to work with [Jose] Mourinho, the best coach in the world. I spoke with him and he convinced me to come. What we said will remain between us, but he is the greatest reason for which I'm here today."

The midfielder is also adamant he will blossom as a player under the guidance of coach Jose Mourinho and the company of some world class players.

"I know I will make progress. I've experienced considerable competition on the German national team and on other sides, but Real Madrid have world class players like Cristiano [Ronaldo] and Kaka and it will be a pleasure and an honour to play with them.

Ozil is also looking forward to reunite with German team-mate Sami Khedira and revealed how he convinced him to move to the Bernabeu.

"I congratulated [sami] Khedira when he signed for Real Madrid. We've been in touch and I've asked him several questions. He said good things about the team and told me it is great here.

"The best teams play in Spain and the best in the world are Real Madrid. I hope to do as much as I can to have a satisfactory season. I'm here to win titles and both La Liga and the Champions League are important. We want to win it all and we have enough potential to make it."

Ozil added: "I'm anxious to play. I've always had faith in myself and my friends and family have always supported me. I would tell youngsters to have faith in their dreams.

"I am a number '10' player, but I've proven I can play in other positions. I am focused on giving 100 per cent."

Ozil: Mourinho is why I joined Real

Mesut Ozil revealed that the main factor behind his move to Real Madrid was coach Jose Mourinho.

The Spanish giants announced the signing of the highly rated midfielder from Werder Bremen on Tuesday afternoon after finally convincing the Bundesliga club to let their star go for around 15 million euros.

Ozil had been hotly chased by top clubs such as Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United after rising to fame in the World Cup.

But it was Real Madrid who had the last laugh after finally securing his signature.

The 21-year-old is already looking forward his new career at the Bernabeu and thanked his former club for developing him into the player he is today.

"There was no other option (for me) other than Real Madrid," he said at a press conference.

"I was clear that I wanted to play for the best and for me, Mourinho is the best - and I wanted to play for him."

Ozil said a brief chat with the Portuguese coach convinced him Madrid was the right move.

He added: "We spoke, but what was said will stay between us. What I will say is that I spoke to him and he convinced me (to sign)."

Mourinho believes the 21-year-old can shine at Madrid for the next decade.

"He's a player who can play for Real Madrid for 10 years," he told Marca after the club's 1-1 draw with Standard Liege on Tuesday night.

Ozil, who joins Germany team-mate Sami Khedira at the Bernabeu, has set his sights on winning the Primera Division and the Champions League.

"Both are very important," he said.

"We want to win the league and also the Champions League. I think we have the potential and the quality necessary to fight for both competitions. That's why I've come here - to win titles."

Madrid were also reportedly keen to bring a striker to the Bernabeu in time for next season, but sporting director Jorge Valdano says Ozil will give Mourinho's side options in midfield and attack.

"His arrival allows us to play in different ways and perhaps compensates for the fact that a third striker, which was talked about, has not arrived," he said.

In addition to Ozil, Madrid have signed Khedira, Argentina winger Angel di Maria and Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho this summer, as well as bringing in Spanish duo Sergio Canales and Pedro Leon for next season.

But Valdano says the club's transfer business is now complete.

"Ozil is the team's last incorporation for the new season," he said.

"Mourinho feels very comfortable with the squad and is satisfied (with what he has) following the signing of Ozil."