Bellazon

Postimage.org Problems

phenobarbie

I am unable to see any images posted with postimage.org. It seems to be a new up and coming image uploader however I have not in the past, up to now been able to see any image uploaded with the provider. I can't see thumbnails, nor can I even actually go their actual site. I've looked up problems other people have had and the only thing I've heard about is that they have 4 different servers which do go down from time to time. Ie. s1, s2, s3 and s4.postimage.org. Was just wondering if anyone can help or if anyone else is having problems :(

Not to mention every time I go to a thread with postimage.org images, ( I can see that they're trying to load on the bottom task bar) my malwarebytes goes crazy and tells me it's blocking potential malicious threats. However it makes no difference if I have the virus protection running or not, they still wont load. I've tried turning off mwb and everything else that I have for virus protection and they still wont load :(

I know a few threads where posters use postimage.org as their image hoster, however, I seem to have no problem viewing their photos. I don't know what it could possibly be. :idk: Anyway, I guess we should definitley keep an eye out for anyone else having the same problem. Then, we can delcare it's just the website.

I'm sorry, I had to change the title to "Postimage.org Problems" because these spamers are so out of control when I see that title from the home page I think its one of their threads :| :ninja: . But, hopefully one of the more technical staff members has an answer because the technical thing is out of my element :/ :flower: .

speaking of problems with images:

some members cannot open and see pictures, neither the ones that were uploaded with the attachment function, nor others that have been uploaded with a host, e.g. imagevenue

:idk:

• 1 month later...

I can view the thumbnails but my internet security, Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, blocks postimage.org when I try to view the larger images.

It says "The website you wanted to see might transmit malicious software to your computer, or has done that before to someone else. It may also show signs of involvement in online scams or fraud." It rates Postimage.org as dangerous. I've had other sites blocked but they've never been rated as dangerous. Although I'd really love to open the images people are posting with this host I just won't risk my laptop.

EDIT: Found the problem & everything is OK. Apparently it was false reading.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...