Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

chicityboy

They usually sign girl for a three year contract. It's the basic angel contract then it depends on how they do. So like Gisele, Tyra etc they re-sign them.

At the end of the day VS can pull the plug on a contract if they want. But i'd say each girl usually fulfills the basic three year except Izabel. Cause she breached her contract or something.

The thing is, for instance, that Gisele was wn Angel from late 2000 to late 2006/early 2007, that's not 5+3. And why keep Izabel for every show if she breached her contract, shouldn't they be mad or something?

Perhaps those magical numbers that we assume or are told are the contracts are absolute bullshit?

Also a company can't breach a contract any more then the model can. Once it's signed they are both, (company and model) bound into a contractual agreement. For them to breach the contract they would have to be pay the same fines that the model would have to if she breached.

Heidi, Gisele, Adriana and Alessandra all received 5 year contracts. Most girls receive a 3 year contract, it's not well known but it's become more known in the last few years.

The girls can break the contract. I know Adriana started off with three years, as did Gisele and Ale then were all signed to 5 years (which if you do that math is right) I believe Gisele was in negotiations when she left. I'm not totally sure...so I don't want to say either way. I don't think she left on very good terms. Because I believe she was contracted until early 08 late 07. When an angel is first signed on she's offered a 3 year contract, if they are impressed with her they obviously resign her, and if they are totally floored by them I'm sure they'd get a five. From what we know Gisele, Heidi, Adriana, and Ale are the only ones who have gotten that 5 year. I don't know how they did the contracts before 2000, because they weren't even doing "Angel" contracts before then. Some models have left before the end of their contract, izabel being the most notable.

Their are the angel contracts which range from 3-5 years

The Makeup contracts (additional to the Angel contract) 3-5 years

More of the "Supermodel" contract which is a lesser amount of money but I believe they were doing these in two years from what I hear.

It's borderline complicated...come on VS get an easier contract system.

and the angel contact is 35 mil for 5 years or for 3 years? and the make-up in additional 5?

someone had mentioned it before, comparing adriana and gisele, and that gisele asked for more at the time, but didnt get it, and eventually adriana did.

correct?

25 million for 5 year which is what Adriana, Ale, And Heidi have and Gisele did. That's 5 a year, plus I believe another 10-15 for a 5 year beauty contract. Something like that :)

As for Gisele, I don't know but she was making what the girls are making now, and the girls then weren't far behind her. My guess is the rumors about her wanting more money weren't true (i'm more willing to be that) and she just wanted out to pursue other things. Or she asked for a much higher amount. I've never heard of VS giving out more than a 25 million dollar contract, I've heard of them giving multiple contracts (the Angel, and beauty contract) which once added up it can be over that, but never one contract bigger than that.

Thank you for explaning.

I really didnt follow Gisele so close then, but i recently saw a video, i believe an australian interview, where she said stg like she worked 350 days of the year, and she didnt finishe the sentence, but it sounded like she deserved much more money for her work.

either way, i still like her. and she is fine now without them and VS is fine without her, so everyone goes their way.

^Um, she got paid millions a year to be pretty. Some people don't even make that much in their whole lives.

Heidi, Gisele, Adriana and Alessandra all received 5 year contracts. Most girls receive a 3 year contract, it's not well known but it's become more known in the last few years.

The girls can break the contract. I know Adriana started off with three years, as did Gisele and Ale then were all signed to 5 years (which if you do that math is right) I believe Gisele was in negotiations when she left. I'm not totally sure...so I don't want to say either way. I don't think she left on very good terms. Because I believe she was contracted until early 08 late 07. When an angel is first signed on she's offered a 3 year contract, if they are impressed with her they obviously resign her, and if they are totally floored by them I'm sure they'd get a five. From what we know Gisele, Heidi, Adriana, and Ale are the only ones who have gotten that 5 year. I don't know how they did the contracts before 2000, because they weren't even doing "Angel" contracts before then. Some models have left before the end of their contract, izabel being the most notable.

Their are the angel contracts which range from 3-5 years

The Makeup contracts (additional to the Angel contract) 3-5 years

More of the "Supermodel" contract which is a lesser amount of money but I believe they were doing these in two years from what I hear.

It's borderline complicated...come on VS get an easier contract system.

If it started in 2000, then Tyra got % years too. And I think it's normal to have many contracts, just like any compamy.

IIRC, Gisele wanted more for her next year and didn't get it so she left. But she looked so bored during her last few VS things that I believe she just wanted out.

• 2 weeks later...

SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR MIRANDA!!!!!!

i am gonna miss her this year :cry:

but an oppertunity for someone else to shine!! i.e EMILY or HIND!

BRING BACK GEMMA!!!

anywho..heard this, LOVED IT RIGHT AWAY...

i know it'll hype up the crowd right away...less need for the arm waving and stupid antics...

this is the one by Nikki that i liked and was blocked...wanna hear it too..

• 2 weeks later...

hey! welcome! :wave::fun:

okay, well imo, flavia was/is great for the show..but doesn't really have a body compared to the others, same for Natasha P.

with that, i'd like for them to take a good long look at fei fei sun..not sure of her age..she DOES look young, but with the right hair and make-up im sure that would change.....but i think she'd

be a great candidate...like i said flavia, natasha, hell even abbey lee doesn't have that much of a "VS" body..but she got that

"thing" IMO!!! that makes u look past that...fei fei fits in that category...

http://www.womenmanagement.com/index2.php

i heard this in a diet coke commercial, a preveiw for eat, love, pray and a promo for lifetime...i had mentioned it a long time

ago, but i see its picking up a little...id like it for the show... a great beat for the girls to sashay to...its by the temper trap...

I would really love to see Ginta Lapina make a debut on the VSFS runway this year. From what I've seen of her on the Pink website, I think she would be perfect for it.

My wish list for this year:

Behati Prinsloo (at least 2 looks for once :/ )

Aurelia Gliwski

Andi Muise

Irina Kulikova

Anastasia Kusnetsova

Edita Vilkeviciute

Imogen Morris Clarke

Lindsey Wixson

Kasia Struss

Julija Steponaviciute

Karlie Kloss

Frida Gustavsson

Jac

Some of them are an unrealistic expectation, just people who it would be nice to see

i had to google Aurelia, cause i was like "who the hell?" but when i seen her pick it came to me...

i love her!! she's done pink for a while and i totally agree, she should be considered....

Andyman don't be pessimistic :blush: ....dorthea goes to show us that with VS, YOU NEVER KNOW :ninja:

OMG! :drool: :heart: :drool:

YEAY!! she'll rock the hell out of that bra!! im excited for her!!

so okay,

miranda won't be there

candice get's the bra

katy perry is the performer

what else is known?

yeah i agree...it's already September...the show is two months away...where's this years? :blink:

katy perry....I LOVE HER! but.....well, california girls really gets on my damn nerves...so IM POSITIVE she'll perform that one.. <_< IDK...im not sure what to think... :blink: