Bellazon

Jamie Dornan
Thumbnail

lovingmodels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Elle UK - UHQ

Jamie 01.jpg

On 50 Shades of Grey: “The love story is more important than the BDSM aspect. I mean, we are going to tell a love story, you know, it can’t just be what happens in the Red Room, that’s not a film. There’s so much more going on than that.”

On whether the film is anti-feminist: “I can understand why people say tying a woman up and spanking her is misogynistic. But actually, more men are submissives than women. Very powerful men. It’s a far bigger scene than I imagined: in pretty much any city in the world that you could name, people want to get spanked with a paddle with studs on it.”

On his daughter: “I’ve had to be away the last couple of weekends, and I come back and I barely recognise her, and it’s awful; she changes so much. And then I have this huge fear that she won’t recognise me. The beard helps, but I had to shave it off a couple of times, so she’s been shocked for the first few hours. She looks at me like: ‘Do I love you? I think I love you.’ I have to win back her trust.”