Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

My question is: are they actually doing a live show? I know outlets might be reporting otherwise but I'm looking at this picture and thinking otherwise:

post-40936-0-1446077230-47055_thumb.jpg

And I'm actually pretty excited about the move to London. Hopefully it puts a little pressure on them to give the show 110%. If they can get Beyonce I will probably lose it.

Yes, CBS said they are. Dec. 2nd is the air date, but it will be filmed before that as usual.

Wait, CBS said they are doing a live show? You then said it will be "filmed before that as usual" so that would mean it ISN'T live. Unless at some point today someone changed the meaning of the word "live" and that's what I'm confused about! 

Yeah I'm confused as well. CBS said this:

The annual show, known for its unique lingerie and live performances by top entertainers, will be held at Earls Court in the fall and air on CBS at a later date. No specific dates were given.

The last sentence we obviously know not to be true since they clearly had a screen that said Dec. 2. So either they are taping on Dec. 2 and airing later, taping before Dec. 2 (which isn't consistent with that that screen in the picture), or they are actually doing a live show filmed and shown on Dec. 2-- which would be awesome. But I'm not actually sure what's happening.

Okay, now it makes sense. Live performances at the show, per usual. Taping in the fall, per usual. Airing December 2, which makes sense for two reasons. 1) its right before the holidays, and they always air the show in early December to spark holiday shopping buzz and 2) December 2 is a Tuesday and it seems like for as long as I can remember the show airs on Tuesday nights. (At least here in the states). I'd put money on the fact that the only thing LIVE about the show on December 2 will be the pre-show stuff they air on their website that they've been doing the last few years. It made no sense to me that they'd be able to manage this show airing live being in London with the time zone difference between there and the US, as well as the fact that they tape the show twice to get the right camera angles. Not to mention all the other little interviews they splice in between segments, and shots of the girls running around backstage. There's too much shown for it to be able to be done live. 

^Haha, thanks :)

Anyways in case anyone cares to know, here's a bit more info on the show according to Vogue UK:

"It's amazing," Swanepoel told us. "It's really exciting. We've done the show in New York for the last three years, and it's always fun - but when we travel, everyone travels together, and it really feels like more of an event for us. Plus, the British crowd is so different; it's going to be a great show. It will be a bigger audience, and this year the dress code is going to be black tie - so they will all be really dressed up as well."

Prince Harry has a "front-row seat" should he want one, the Angels said, for the show which will be the brand's biggest ever - in front of an audience of almost 3,000 as opposed to the usual 1,000.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2014/04/15/victorias-secret-show-comes-to-london-2014

I  wish they get rid of CBS and make a livestream of the show on the internet, as I blame CBS for the non sexy (revealing, the girls are covered up too much) lingerie, the musical guests ruining it, and the famous boyfriends in the first row. I wish

Do Adriana and Candice have some sort of event in NYC? They are both in town.

Who knows. I doubt it though. Remember, Adriana went to London in a private jet that left from NY, so I am guessing Candice just took it back with her. Candice did tell Adriana's trainer in NY that they were straight from London which to me means that they just got there and went their separate ways (Adriana went to the gym).

Glad to hear that they are moving the show this year to a different location. NY was nice and all, but its always nice to switch it up a little. 

And just looked up Earl's Court and Savannah wasn't lying that place is pretty big, interested to see what VS does to it if.

The size of the venue is a little worrying to me; I hope they don't whore it out and making it too much of a big show with too many things going on. I prefer the long thin runway where the focus is on the models. If they had a 2003-esque set it would look awesome!!

Unfortunately we didn't talk much. She was actually getting into a taxi when I saw her, and I asked her (in Portuguese) to take a picture and she was like "yeah!" Then she waved goodbye and smiled at me with all her teeth. It was like heaven haha