Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Does anyone know the upcoming Events and Launches. Obviously Valentine's Day is coming. And i know they are re-doing Love Rocks. My guess is Candice will be doing that.

You guessed correctly, but it does appear that they are still using Marisa's image in the catalog for right now. Either that or they re-shot the campaign with Candice exactly the way Marisa did. The picture of Marisa in the online catalog is so small though that you can't see it clearly. Anyone that doesn't know better could easily think it's Candice. I'm sure that was deliberate on VS's part. It's probably why Candice was the one chosen to do that shoot.

I guess we'll know for sure what images are used for the full campaign when it is officially re-launched next week. This shot could just be a teaser image, and the actual campaign could be totally different. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could incorporate some of Marisa's original images.

post-100-1263333311_thumb.jpg

^ Yeah, she got the Valentine's cover. I posted it in her thread a few hours ago.

One of my VS complaints is of them not spreading the catalog covers out among angels/models. In the last 3 years, Alessandra has had more than 80 covers. No one else even comes close. Imagine if she hadn't gotten pregnant. She would probably have even more. I am cautiously optimistic about the 2010 cover start. So far this year, four different models have gotten the covers.

Spring Preview - Miranda

Swim V1N1 - Rosie

Swim V1N2 - Lindsay

Early Spring/Valentine's Day - Candice

The year is young though. Ale Domination could be just around the corner. Even if it was just an even spread among models with one model not openly dominating, that would be far better than Ale getting more than 30 again.

Hey Tori the thing now is Adriana will be back full swing soon. So it might be Adriana dominating the catalogues soon. But hopefully they keep it even. Looks like they are trying to get more of their up and coming girls for catalogue work. Which is great.

I agree, I think Ale does get way to many covers. When Gisele was around she still seemed to get more than she did, and as a model she's not THAT impressive. While I do like a lot of her work, she's not that much of a standout among the angels. I'd like to see Adriana get more covers this year since they'll be pressing her a lot this year, but even in 08 when she was basically the main face for the company Ale still walked away with the most covers. While I like Ale, I think the problem is while Adriana, Miranda, Rosie, Doutzen and the others still have huge modeling demands where they want to be used for many many other things, while Ale basically just has VS so it gives her more time to devote to them, while it's still not right that may be the reason.

In my opinion it seems like they're testing the waters with these new girls, moving them around to different categories eg. swim, lingerie, clothing. I don't think any of these girls except those already angels are set in stone where they're going to be placed. It comes down to numbers if these girls sell chances are they will get more work, more covers and more press time. It's a build up, all these interviews they're doing, going on talk shows, late night tv programs, it's like they're testing the public to see whome they respond the best to. First you put them out their for initial public response, if the public likes them then you start testing the different apparal categories to see if they can sell said clothing.

I have to agree with mbinbre perhaps Ale just sells the product to a larger audience then the other girls.

I think it also has a lot to do with it, but I believe that with a combination with what I mentioned above could be the explanation. I'm not counting anything out, but I do happen to agree...but at the same time it's obvious that Ale and Adriana both sell product more than most of the new angels and past, considering they continue to stick around. VS keeps models around who actually move product and they actually do keep an eye on it and track it, so yes I do believe that comes into consideration. Like I said I think it's a combination of her being able to move product well, and her not working as much as some of the other angels work wise. For instance Marisa had more projects, Adriana does, Izabel did, Doutzen does and etc. Ale does a few things here and there but not as steadily as the other girls :) Nothing negative just MY opinion.

Pheno will you please tell Pretty to give me a call tomorrow, I have some news to tell her :)

Yep basically Vamp. VS are just like any other business. If someone isn't performing they release them. I wish VS actually let people know whats happening. That is they're problem. If they no longer have an Angel they dont tell anyone we just have to guess that the particular model isnt an Angel anymore.

while Ale basically just has VS

Nice try, but she wasn't the only one doing those shoots where she ends up with the covers. VS just chooses her anyway when they could go with someone else. It's not an indictment of her. It's an indictment on Victoria's Secret. Luckily, I think they realized it was indeed overkill and scaled back the Ale lovefest with the Christmas season.

if a model isn't selling product, they ain't worth sh*t

The chicken or the egg? It's not too hard to move product when you have 800 new pictures per catalog. So does the said model get a lot of product because she sells well or does she sell well because she gets a lot of product?

does anyone else see what i´m seeing?

I see one chipmunk or something hanging down in bondage and another that looks like it's peeing on Rosie's leg. Color me confused...

If they no longer have an Angel they dont tell anyone

It's possible that VS doesn't say anything because they will still be using the model for an extended period beyond the end of her contract. Gisele was basically done at the end of 2006. Nothing was said about her departure until May of 2007 because she was still heavily featured in all of the spring and summer stuff that had been shot the previous fall. If they came out on January 1st and said "Gisele is done," then the new Secret Embrace commercial with her mug all in the screen comes out in February. Looks strange, right? Also, if they haven't severed all ties with the model and still have a good working relationship (like Selita for example), it doesn't really behoove them to make a grand "She is not an angel anymore" statement.

On a different note: I think it's time for VS to do another "Sexy" book. It's been 5 years since the last one.

Well, not that I've kept track of it, but it seems to me Ale isn't seen shooting for VS more than any other Angel. Dare I say it? Same amount of shoots + significantly more covers = the far better catalog model. It's rather petty and completely illogical to try to explain a positive (in getting so many covers) as a negative. :) Geez, I haven't sounded like such an Ale fan since I left the AAOF!

^ Actually she does shoot quite a bit more for them than the other angels. Now I do think she sells a lot because she shoots a lot, but I don't agree that she shoots a lot and gets a lot of covers because VS is all she has. I don't like Ale, but it's obvious that she gets so many covers because VS likes her. I don't see it as a negative on her at all. I just wish they liked others more.

I see where you're coming from though. My simple "I want to see more variety in the covers" wasn't even intended to be an attack on Alessandra. Instead, it was turned into a conduit to do Ale bashing by others.

^ Actually she does shoot quite a bit more for them than the other angels. Now I do think she sells a lot because she shoots a lot, but I don't agree that she shoots a lot and gets a lot of covers because VS is all she has. I don't like Ale, but it's obvious that she gets so many covers because VS likes her. I don't see it as a negative on her at all. I just wish they liked others more.

I see where you're coming from though. My simple "I want to see more variety in the covers" wasn't even intended to be an attack on Alessandra. Instead, it was turned into a conduit to do Ale bashing by others.

I had this long reply written out, but I'm just going scrap it and say if people want to see more variety for the covers, I don't disagree with that, and that's one thing, but if members seek to degrade (for whatever reason, and I have my guesses) Ale for the favor VS seems to show her, that's quite another thing - and a sad one. But in the end, it's all pointless. We can talk about who sells more than who or why VS makes the decisions that it does; none of us really know. If this were a court case, the judge would throw it all out before it even went to trial.

I do like Ale very much. I think she does great work for VS. But i agree on seeing some other people on Covers and in the catalogue. I would say Doutzen does the most work out of VS. She still shoots Editorials, Campaigns etc. Miranda has done some stuff here and there as well as Adriana. Ale has too but i guess we see more from VS because there is always alot of pictures and covers coming from her then any other model.

In general however i understand using her too. When you think about it right now, with Adriana still out and Heidi not doing anything with VS, Alessandra is the next girl in line as well as the most known. So it's obvious she will get this much stuff with VS.