Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think that PINK is doing it really well when it comes to sales (isn't pink their biggest seller right now?) and they're adding more girls too PINK, kind of PINK angels or something, also, those products became a trend for the "goals" pictures that are being posting everywhere.

4 hours ago, freevsangel said:

I choose Devon over Zuri anytime ?? i mean... DEVCHEL ??

Rachel is enough for blonde token.And devon doesn't has girl next door youthful look elsa and miranda.I think Vs executive want expand their target .Rachel for American white teenager,Zuri for  american black girl.I don't think both of them will become angel.

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Bring back the sexy British voiceover lady. :/ 

I never thought they would get rid of her. Just doesn't seem the same.

I'm sure they're trying to market sport away from VS so maybe she'll be back come holiday time. Unless they do the male voice over again.

I don't think Zuri becoming a new PINK girl means anything, tbh. The CEO has changed, the branding has changed, why wouldn't the fact that they have only one PINK girl change too? Also, it's not like they didn't have girls like Chanel, Devon or Sara fill that role for a while anyway.

Zuri is fine with me tbh, she's not the greatest but she's alright :idk: And as far as Devon goes, I adore her and she is great for Pink, but girlfriend has a successful career outside VS. Unlike Rachel and Zuri who are/were two nobodies, Devon signing a contract would probably limit her career a lot.

15 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Bring back the sexy British voiceover lady. :/ 

The commercials have been horrible recently. OMG! I agree, we need that British voice over lady back, remember the epic 30-sec commercials promoting the incredible bra, miracle bra, biofit etc. Those were the days VS put lots of effort and creativity in their commercials.

I believe the voice actress for the current commercial is the same actress that did the British accent (which is fake).  I've listened to plenty of her work and a couple of the voices she's done sound similar to the video posted above.

You know JoEllen Anklam's voice, even if you have never spoken with her and have no idea who she is.

You've heard her warm, concerned voice pitching services for Bon Secours Health Systems. Her clear, musical voice almost bubbles with merriment on Newport News Public Schools videos.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

She has pitched laundry detergent for Tide and lingerie for Victoria's Secret, hamburgers for McDonald's and windows for Pella. She's even sold the British on Florida grapefruits, with an accent good enough to fool the natives.

She can be a breathless teen, the girl next door, a best-shopping buddy, concerned mother or sexy lover, all depending on what the client calls for in the script. She can deepen her voice to suggest maturity, add a quaver for age or lighten it to sound like a child or cartoon. She loves accents and is known for producing a credible British sound. One of her first national commercials was for Victoria's Secret, the lingerie company, using her sophisticated British tones.

"I can fake a lot of accents for 30 seconds," she said.