Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Honestly I hope that Lais and jasmine stay for a long time, vs really needs to diversify their line up... You know you're behind the times when even high fashion brands have more diversity

Agree. Lais' body is the body she was born with. Jasmine's body is a body that she gained going to the gym (dat butt). It's also about being natural.

They're trying to replace Lais cause they reaaaaally don't want her, but they just can't find a better model :Amelie_wft:

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

How so? Are you talking about skin tone?  

Kinda. I am also talking about her facial features and body. Lais' looks are more commercial compare to Jasmine's. Jasmine is very pretty but her features and body does connect well with dark-skinned consumers b/c many can't relate to it.

3 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Kinda. I am also talking about her facial features and body. Lais' looks are more commercial compare to Jasmine's. Jasmine is very pretty but her features and body does connect well with dark-skinned consumers b/c many can't relate to it.

+1

Just now, PinkCouture said:

I personally find Jasmine much more commercial than Lais'. :idk: 

I love Jasmine and Lais and want them both to stay with VS for quite some time because the line up truly does need more diversity, and interchanging their models of colour but never including them both is old and tired. And give me some Goddamn Asian models already.

But I cannot get behind this "VS hates Lais and wants to fire her but they can't because she sells well" logic. If that were the case and the line of thinking, would you not capitalize on that, instead of shoving her to the back burner regardless of personal feelings towards the model? They're paying her. They might as well use her. It's been more than a year, and they've already cut new Angels out of the roster. I can't see them beating the dead horse that is supposedly Jasmine for this long if she wasn't working out for them. :idk: 

I love Jasmine and Lais and want them both to stay with VS for quite some time because the line up truly does need more diversity, and interchanging their models of colour but never including them both is old and tired. And give me some Goddamn Asian models already.

But I cannot get behind this "VS hates Lais and wants to fire her but they can't because she sells well" logic. If that were the case and the line of thinking, would you not capitalize on that, instead of shoving her to the back burner regardless of personal feelings towards the model? They're paying her. They might as well use her. It's been more than a year, and they've already cut new Angels out of the roster. I can't see them beating the dead horse that is supposedly Jasmine for this long if she wasn't working out for them. :idk: 

the last 'perfect' (spokesperson + selling features) black model they had was Tyra. They're betting hard on Jasmine to be the next Tyra, but they can't lose the black girls market before they make her the new Tyra, so they are keeping Lais who's adored by the black american girls.

Jasmine does overall have a commercial look but her look does not capture the dark-skinned demographic VS is trying to reach such as dark-skinned latinas, blacks, creole etc.

I like both Lais and Jasmine and hope VS keeps both of them for awhile. I also would like to see VS using more Asian models---perhaps someday.

Apparently, Jessica Gomes has popularity in the hip hop community and she is famous in Korea. I think she would have been a good model with Asian features. She could have appealed to many different customers because of her mixed background. However, she is curvier than VS goes for.

10 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Apparently, Jessica Gomes has popularity in the hip hop community and she is famous in Korea. I think she would have been a good model with Asian features. She could have appealed to many different customers because of her mixed background. However, she is curvier than VS goes for.

She, perhaps she still does, had her own reality show in South Korea and appeared on their version of DWTS :hehe:

Not sure is she "popular" in the hip-hop community but she is known for being the "Maybach Girl" :D