Bellazon

Cricket

one man band

After the fourth day, England are 34-1, with a lead of 40. To win, Australia would have to bowl out England and then beat our score.

The Ashes are coming home. The odds are stacked against Australia, but a final swansong from Warne and McGrath could win the match and square the series.

But seriously. You're screwed.

You gotta love English weather.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Dirk Nannes for IPL T20 cricket

In the next 40 days, the father-of-two will make three to four times his annual Cricket Victoria salary, which, with his frequent absences through injury this summer, totalled well under $100,000. "Sure I can slave away for years playing Shield cricket. But cricket essentially is my work," Nannes justified his decision. "You have to do what is best for business and what is best for family. We have young kids. We have a mortgage. What should I do, beat myself around playing Shield cricket and maybe having another two years? Or be available for the next five years of IPL cricket? It's a no-brainer."

Nannes is one of more than a dozen leading Australians - including high-profile trio Shane Warne, Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist - preparing to play in the IPL. He is with the Delhi Daredevils, coached by Victorian Greg Shipperd. Nannes departed Melbourne last night for the soon-to-start third season of Indian Premier League (IPL).

• 9 months later...

Talking about the ashes, England are on top of Australia this time and the last time as well. That is really weird because we have got so used to the Aussies going through every team with disdain and now their juggernaut is crumbling. The hitch in the Australian side at the moment is that everyone is going through a form slump.

England, on the other hand, are doing great, they have had their bad times, but they are doing great now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...