Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Mr Bonder is in great danger of making this a simple "chick-flick" hiring an unexperienced actress for the very sensitive and subtle role of Arianne.

I guess I will qo see it out of curiosity, but really, the "pretty woman-model-actress-singer-designer" trend drives me crazy and I lost a lot of my illusions/interest for Natalia as a person since this new 'carreer move'. The vibe i get is 'Look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me!'

She's trying too hard, i feel overfed and it's irritating.

Well, as you noted it is too soon to make ANY judgments just yet... I do not share your "Look at me" vibe about Natalia.

I agree that one can be very nervous about her performance as Arianne. I somehow get a feeling that Natalia has a lot to offer as a budding actress - just because she translates so much into photography and I know that acting is very different, as it is much more dynamic, but quite honestly I am struck by how much she can convey into the static images - this cannot be easy and she is truly gifted. She has created enough of subtle, complex images in her modeling career for me to be very curious and hopeful about her acting.

Imo, what we will see is a relatively skillful performance in this film but I think that the demands of this role may only emphasize the need for Natalia to take formal acting lessons, interact with talented actors, "boil in those juices" for a while before she can take on another serious role. I am so nervous for her and wish this film to do well and to be acclaimed so that Natalia can get more opportunities in the future. And hopefully, she'll be better prepared for them!

But secretly? I dream that Natalia did superbly as Arianne!..

http://vintice.blogspot.com/2011/03/natali...lace-de-la.html

(photo: Vintice)

While more than ten photographers were pestering a model with flashes and crying out for a pose of her, another wave of photographers and security staff were in a hurry to cover the distance between the Espace Éphémère and Place de la Concorde.

I approached them and there she was

Natalia Vodianova

All of them were asking her to stop for a while, but her security staff didn't allowed it. I saw a spotless car and I went ahead to wait for their arrival.

Natalia, just one look, please! - I shouted out to her

Maybe being the youngest there melted her heart,she took her sunglasses off and smiled to me.

post-16808-1299863427_thumb.jpg

Natalia Vodianova: My family values

My mum lived for us. She worked nearly 24 hours a day so I was looking after my baby sister, cooking and cleaning. Someone had to be with her while I was at school so my mother would work at night, take washing home from a factory, and then she would clean floors in my school.

I raised my sister, Oksana, who is brain damaged. I was six when she was born and my stepfather walked out. My mum resisted pressure to give her up to state care. During the day we didn’t have anywhere to go, only deserted buildings and basements. It was hard for me because the other children teased us and didn’t like to have her around. It was very painful and that injustice is still with me.

Because of my childhood where I was constantly by myself, I always feel lonely. I have a lot of people that I absolutely love and I know love me but I can’t get rid of that feeling of loneliness no matter who I’m with – even with my children. I know they’ll eventually have their own lives. I hope to create the type of family life that when my children are older, they’ll come back with their girlfriends, their husbands and their children and hopefully then that feeling of loneliness will go.

It’s very hard to say what my life would be like if I hadn’t left Russia and gone to Paris to try modelling. Before I left Russia in 1999, I was living in a very poor factory town with my family and friends, and nothing was ever going to change. I remember sitting in the corner at the model agency and suddenly everyone was coming up and staring at me. I was confused and thought they were upset that I was there. My mother had a big debt and the debt collectors were doing some horrible things to her. The owner of the agency lent me the money to pay it off before I’d earned it, and it was like a dream.

I suffered a lot when my son was born. I didn’t have my family with me. Justin [Her husband Justin Portman, is a scion of the aristocratic property-owning family who own large swaths of London], like any new dad, didn’t know what to do and the first few weeks of Lucas’s life I was by myself caring for a child, which is really tiring.

It’s important for children to know that other side, when you’re tired or things aren’t OK. If you never know hardship, you can’t really support people around you. My mother always spoke to me about herself. She was so young and I was like her sister. Although there are certain things I wouldn’t say to my children, because they don’t need to know.

When you become a mother, you think less about yourself and care more about the world. I believe in a higher purpose. As a parent, it’s heartbreaking to see other children suffering. I started my charity in 2005, after the Beslan tragedy [the 2004 school siege in which at least 339 hostages were killed]. We built our first one in my hometown of Nizhny Novgorod in 2006. The children absolutely loved it. It’s important they can get lost in play, even for a few minutes.

My children’s lives are so different from my own childhood. All I want for them is to be happy and to be good people, to have something they enjoy doing. It’s hard because they are children who will never need or lack anything. However, I want to give them the tools to make their own way in the world. It think it’s vital to have a purpose and passion in life.

Source

From ANV / Harper's Bazaar

Viktor is just the cutest kid on earth, he looks so happy !

I would just say that! He's such a cutie, always smiling! Neva, however, doesn't much like to be photographed at events, I think. She almost always looks a little bit uncomfortable with the cameras around.

The three of them are simply adorable. :blush::wave:

Yes, You should try Amazon.com, I bought mine from there. Though, it was advertised as 'new' when I received it, it clearly was not. I don't mind that it was used, in fact I was looking for it used, but it shouldn't have been advertised as new. What if someone had wanted to buy it as a gift? Anyway... I do know it is sold on Amazon. ^ ^

yes, I know Amazon seems to be the only way. I just prefer libraries, don't want them to go out of business. Even the Yale University library (the school I do my PhD in), which had two copies, has both copies checked out till August. Either someone from the French Language department studies Albert Cohen's heritage thoroughly or there are other fans of Natalia here on campus <_<

The 3 videos that Ariti posted (Hogan party) is such a vivid evidence for me of Natalia's growth as a person.

I remember her very early interviews where she'd act as your typical model - silly, immature, not very thoughtful, distracted by the scene around her, etc. I do not mean it in a critical way, she was of that age and the situations/interviewers themselves predetermined such responses to some extent.

What's interesting to me is how the same situations (parties and such) evoke in her now much more thoughtfulness, consideration, and a strong sense of her own opinion. It is wonderful to see.

The 3 videos that Ariti posted (Hogan party) is such a vivid evidence for me of Natalia's growth as a person.

I remember her very early interviews where she'd act as your typical model - silly, immature, not very thoughtful, distracted by the scene around her, etc. I do not mean it in a critical way, she was of that age and the situations/interviewers themselves predetermined such responses to some extent.

What's interesting to me is how the same situations (parties and such) evoke in her now much more thoughtfulness, consideration, and a strong sense of her own opinion. It is wonderful to see.

Lanick from TFS passed the rumor that Natalia might be pregnant with the 4th child and provided this Ukranian-TV gossip footage:

I must say, when face with this picture from Valentino's show I thought I saw a small bump but then she also ran a 1/2 marathon, and I thought she would not do it if she was pregnant. But Natalia loves to push boundaries so who knows?.. She might have just had a mighty meal and that's all to it :laugh:

2011038valentino02vogue.jpg

Lanick from TFS passed the rumor that Natalia might be pregnant with the 4th child and provided this Ukranian-TV gossip footage:

I must say, when face with this picture from Valentino's show I thought I saw a small bump but then she also ran a 1/2 marathon, and I thought she would not do it if she was pregnant. But Natalia loves to push boundaries so who knows?.. She might have just had a mighty meal and that's all to it :laugh: