Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

post-43687-1299005426_thumb.jpg

via ANV

Russian model Natalia Vodianova presents a creation by Turkish designer Hakaan during the Spring/Summer 2012 ready-to-wear collection show on March 1, 2011 in Paris.

Hakaan who? It's like he career is almost over <_<

Anyway,Happy B-Day my girl. :heart:

Hakaan is actually a great show to walk, Karolina Kurkova also walked Hakaan today ... So happy that Natalia was there, i always love to see her on the runway, i hope she walks something else in Paris & that it wasn't just an exclusive for Hakaan

But Natalia has lots of close friends on her facebook account, and celebrities...do you remember Diana Kamalova ? The young tatar girl with whom she was always before...she also has Lucy Yeomans, some people from Justin's family too, some party people, some models......lots of people, well known or not, that she knows, or with whom she is friends....however, what I find very strange is that she does not have Justin himself as a friend. Maybe they decided so. Maybe it's not her but in my opinion, it's her.

I don't know why then she accepted so many people she really does not know. Maybe just because she is a kind girl ?

There also is a facebook page for her.....but actually, acfr, I think you are right. A lot of fans would like to enjoy the kind of status she puts sometimes, and there shouldn't be privileged ones. And as you say she would have a bigger impact on people, she would be heard by more..., about whatever she wants...

I find the whole grammatical correction thing a bit strange......I noticed too these mistakes (particularly the missing s to change ! lol) but I really don't mind....it's not like it was shocking to me...

She sounds very "philosophical" sometimes. I think she is enduring a bad moment, but hoping she is coping with it in a good way....I remember she said in Harpers Bazaar her motto is "this too shall pass". Also : she scares me when she says love does not last ! I don't like when she says that.

But Natalia has lots of close friends on her facebook account, and celebrities...do you remember Diana Kamalova ? The young tatar girl with whom she was always before...she also has Lucy Yeomans, some people from Justin's family too, some party people, some models......lots of people, well known or not, that she knows, or with whom she is friends....however, what I find very strange is that she does not have Justin himself as a friend. Maybe they decided so. Maybe it's not her but in my opinion, it's her.

I don't know why then she accepted so many people she really does not know. Maybe just because she is a kind girl ?

There also is a facebook page for her.....but actually, acfr, I think you are right. A lot of fans would like to enjoy the kind of status she puts sometimes, and there shouldn't be privileged ones. And as you say she would have a bigger impact on people, she would be heard by more..., about whatever she wants...

I find the whole grammatical correction thing a bit strange......I noticed too these mistakes (particularly the missing s to change ! lol) but I really don't mind....it's not like it was shocking to me...

She sounds very "philosophical" sometimes. I think she is enduring a bad moment, but hoping she is coping with it in a good way....I remember she said in Harpers Bazaar her motto is "this too shall pass". Also : she scares me when she says love does not last ! I don't like when she says that.

Oh, well, sorry, my bad then. I don't know why I got the idea that her account didn't include celebrities. :blush:

Anyway, I think Natalia's page, not a fanpage dedicated to her, would be a great idea for her to spread the message. I don't see why she couldn't have around 100K fans reading her posts right now. The whole format is weird and she's just wasting a fantastic resource.

I don't mind grammar mistakes, Eos, I pretty much got the gist of her message when I first read it, and it was fine by me. In fact, when I posted about her thank-you note, yesterday, I didn't mention any grammar mistake at all. I'm not a language purist, it's just that Sunshine06 inquired about the use of the verb "to learn" and I thought hers was a legitimate question. But, well, if it's strange, I do apologize for that.

Style.com:

The Hakaan show definitely was glam. It had all the top models, half of them in short, skintight dresses of the kind that helped Yildirim land last year's ANDAM Prize. Yildirim's partnership with Alas, even more than the ANDAM award, has guaranteed him a crowd almost as A-list as his models. It's still early days for his brand. He gets points for delivering on one of the season's biggest trends so far: masculine-feminine.

does not sound to me like his career is over ;)

So great to see her on the runway again. But I hope she does more shows with different looks because her, she looks... scary! A bit too masculine for my taste, though, obviously, that was the intention.

I don't think her carreer is over at all, Carmen Kass and Mariacarla Boscono, so far I know, are older than her, or the same age, and they are still everywhere!

If Natalia is a bit less present on the runway, it is because she got tired of it i think, not because she wasn't in demand anymore.

So great to see her on the runway again. But I hope she does more shows with different looks because her, she looks... scary! A bit too masculine for my taste, though, obviously, that was the intention.

I don't think her carreer is over at all, Carmen Kass and Mariacarla Boscono, so far I know, are older than her, or the same age, and they are still everywhere!

If Natalia is a bit less present on the runway, it is because she got tired of it i think, not because she wasn't in demand anymore.

I think Adolf was referring to Hakaan's career in Post #8508 (not Natalia's), that's why I included the Style.com quote about this rising designer's fall 2011 collection. It seems like he is in the dawn rather than twilight of his career.

also, I believe this video about making the Albert Cohen's Belle du Seigneur was posted by I think it was in French (unless i am hallucinating :):

http://cineuropa.org/video.aspx?lang=es&am...056&fmt=flv

it is in English now - very little of Natalia but still interesting! The director said that Natalia has a great potential for being a great actress and that is why she was casted.

guys, do you know if this movie is done in French or English?

Because if it is done in English then I do not suppose that Natalia will be in any disadvantage as there should be numerous other actors speaking with an accent, albeit not a Russian one of course ;)

guys, do you know if this movie is done in French or English?

Because if it is done in English then I do not suppose that Natalia will be in any disadvantage as there should be numerous other actors speaking with an accent, albeit not a Russian one of course ;)

According to Banana Films, the movie has been shot in English.

I don't know how they plan to tackle the accent issue. But, if Natalia can mimick a French accent, she'll probably be fine.

In truth, if you come to think, Solal himself is not even French by birth. If I'm not mistaken, he's of Greek origins. So, to my mind, Natalia's Russian accent is as much an issue as Meyers' British accent. Will he speak British English with a somewhat Greek accent so that we can all pretend that he's speaking French with perhaps a Greek accent? This is mind bending. :laugh:

I don't know how they plan to tackle the accent issue. But, if Natalia can mimick a French accent, she'll probably be fine.

Acfr, french swiss people don't have a french accent ! But a french-swiss accent, which is extremly different (like scotish from english for instance). Some words even are different...

OK ok, Natalia's fans don't care :laugh:

Acfr, french swiss people don't have a french accent ! But a french-swiss accent, which is extremly different (like scotish from english for instance). Some words even are different...

OK ok, Natalia's fans don't care :laugh:

Of course not. But we're talking movies, right? What I meant was, because the movie was shot in English, if she speaks English with a mild French accent, nobody is splitting hairs, if it's French or Swiss French. :blush:

(Ok, all right, maybe the French and the Swiss will.)

But Pautinka is right, if the movie had been shot in French, it'd be a whole new ball game.

ETA: You're right, it's true, my mistake!, JRM is not English. He's a Scot. The whole thing is even more mind bending. It's like a Babel Inception.

Hahahaha! :laugh:

I think it will be in english and it would surprise me if they take accents into account (french swiss for Natalia, greek for Jonathan). If the movie was in french, (like the original story of the book) ok, I would understand. But in english......

For me it's kind of a problem because it's even unlogical to make them speak english when the story takes place in Geneva....and when the characters are not english speakers....but well, lol, I think I'm going too far. It's a remake, it doesn't have to be a perfect copy of the movie, and even the director said it would be different, that he had to, that the book was too complex to be perfectly expressed on screen. It's just so great that Natalia will have a main role. I just can't wait to see her face express emotions on the screen !

She may also have some words in russian in the movie. Remember Ariane whispering "Твоя жена" and so on to Solal, (in memory of her russian friend).