Bellazon

Cindy Crawford
Thumbnail

Marsnoop

CINDY CRAWFORD DEVELOPING NBC SERIES ABOUT 80'S MODELING WARS

Cindy Crawford is developing a drama for NBC, based on the modeling world in the 1980’s, Variety has learned exclusively. The series, tentatively titled “Icon,” marks Crawford’s television producing debut. Anne Heche and James Tupper originally brought the project to Crawford and will serve as exec producers. Robin Bissell (“The Hunger Games”) will also produce and pen the script. "Icon,” hailing from Universal TV, revolves around the modeling wars in the ’80s that occurred between Ford Modeling Agency and Elite Model Management. The show is completely fictionalized, rather than a re-telling of Crawford’s own experiences. No actual names of models or figures from the time will be used. Crawford’s role will remain strictly as a producer, and she will not appear as a character in the series. The CAA-repped Crawford achieved international superstardom in the ’80s and ’90s — the heyday of supermodels — when Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christie Brinkley, Brooke Shields, Elle Macpherson and Christy Turlington, among others, rose to fame. Heche and Tupper are both represented by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.

Source: variety.com

Oh that's interesting.  I wonder what the pitch was like, Empire meets Mad Men for the 80s modelling industry?  Casablancas and Elite would be an interesting departure point.  But I'm a little skeptical there's enough for an episodic.  What happens next week?!  Let's poach another of their clients!!!  Let's send another model on some more go-sees!!!

Entourage in the 80s with a fashion model would be interesting.  But that's a character focus point, not an industry focus which is what it sounds like they're doing.  Look forward to it though.  :)

post-38690-0-1446175568-38132_thumb.png

Meet 12 Beauty Pros Who Are BFFs With Their Celebrity Clients

“We’ve shared in each other’s lives through marriages, kids, Bar Mitzvah’s — all the milestones, and all the difficulties,” says Sonia Kashuk, who has been best friends with supermodel Cindy Crawford for over 30 years.

Makeup Artist Sonia Kashuk and Cindy Crawford

Meet Cute: “I was living in Minneapolis at the time and I went to Chicago do to some test shoots for [modeling agency] Elite Management,” says Kashuk. “The woman booking the appointments said, ‘There’s this new girl, Cindy Crawford, and I think she’s gonna be big.’ We had an instant connection.”

Bonding Moment: “I moved to New York and got a phone call saying Cindy was living in the model’s apartment. I called and said, ‘Get out of there,’ and she actually moved into my little studio. We were each other’s one friend in New York. We went to movies together, joined the gym together... We were partners in crime.”

Best Trip: “Cindy was working on an amazing project in Peru with Omega and Orbus, the flying eye hospital. We both had [Machu Picchu] on the bucket list, so we thought, “Should we go early?” I think she actually stamped that trip as one of her favorites ever.”

Gift Exchange: “She’s given me so many beautiful watches over the years. She’s incredibly generous. I gave her a necklace one year that said ‘“love’” and that was special.”

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/08/91642/celebrity-stylist-best-friends#slide

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/08/91642/celebrity-stylist-best-friends#slide-4