Bellazon

Top 10 Rock Bands of Every Decade

Joe > Average

1960s - The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Doors, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, The Yardbirds

1970s- Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, KISS, The Ramones, David Bowie, Motorhead, UFO, Black Sabbath (BEST DECADE FOR ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!)

1980s- Van Halen, The Police, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Dio

1990s- Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Godsmack, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots

2000s- Rock music dies. :cry2:

I disagree!

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong and have some new music to listen to...I'll check out your selections on this thread for the 2000s onward. :wave:

Audioslave......... 'Nough said for the 00's right there

I disagree!

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong and have some new music to listen to...I'll check out your selections on this thread for the 2000s onward. :wave:

Audioslave......... 'Nough said for the 00's right there

Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Them Crooked Vultures, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, Queens of the Stone Age, Mastodon, Jet, The Darkness, The Mars Volta, Muse, A Perfect Circle....

The '00s had a lot of good rock music.

I disagree!

I will send you a detailed list with my fav. albums from 2000-2009 if you like.

It sure isn't complete, but it will give you hint what to look for.

@Limer: Audioslave was a good band, but it can't stand for the whole decade.

I disagree!

I will send you a detailed list with my fav. albums from 2000-2009 if you like.

It sure isn't complete, but it will give you hint what to look for.

@Limer: Audioslave was a good band, but it can't stand for the whole decade.

That would be great Pierre! While you send me a list of the fairly recent, I'll hit you with a blast from the past...the new Anvil album "Juggernaunt Of Justice" is going to released on May 10th!! juggernautofjustice.jpg Available on Itunes for pre-order now!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :fun:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What the hell is wrong with people??? The number one best group of the 60s and of all time is the BEACH BOYS, not the goddamn beatles, the music speaks for itself.

50s- Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Duane Eddy, Link Wray, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Bo Diddley... so many to list.

60s- THE BEACH BOYS, Jan & Dean, 4 Seasons, Lovin Spoonful...

70s- Ramones

80s- Surf Punks, Minutemen, Black Flag

90- Queers, Travoltas

00- nothing. see above/

any questions- joshthekook at gmail dot com

60's List

60's Is gonna be a bit different, as I'm only doing one list, as this is the easiest one to do.

1. Jimi Hendrix. There is no-one else in the whole history of Rock N' Roll quite like Jimi. His 3 albums while he was alive, are all instant classics, and he has influenced so many musicians, he deserves top spot.

2. The Rolling Stones. Maybe the most iconic rock band of all time, their legacy is amazing in any decade.

3. Cream. Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, the first ever supergroup, and a legendary band despite only 4 albums released.

4. Miles Davis. Truly a jazz god, arguably some of his best work was released in the 60's.

5. The Who. The start of another iconic band, amazing work.

6. The Doors. Again, a great band that started in the 60's.

7. Ray Charles. Just an amazing artist.

8. The Yardbirds. Amazing is just one of the words to describe them, espically later (70's mostly) but again the start of something amazing.

9. Frank Zappa (and Bands). Zappa is weird, crazy whatever you want to call him, but he's one hell of a musician.

10. The Beach Boys. A band that needs to explanation as to why they are here.

What the hell is wrong with people??? The number one best group of the 60s and of all time is the BEACH BOYS, not the goddamn beatles, the music speaks for itself.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man. :atoobie:

60's List

10. The Beach Boys. A band that needs to explanation as to why they are here.

10- What explanation??? Nothing beats the Beach Boys, they were the most influential and substantial on EVERY level you can think of.

It's very obviously a typo.