Bellazon

Skin Care

monika

Thanks for responding.

That is interesting for me to hear that you two prefer exfoliating using scrubs.  I use chemical exfoliation with pharm grade 2% Benzoyl peroxide (the thing you use in Proactive, Lindsay!) once a night in the all seasons except winter.  I was using it once every two days and now am doing it once every three days.

I've had some bad experience with Scrubs (everybody's skin is different..) ..It is too harsh after a few days and it eats away too many layers of my skin. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually don't cleanse my face that much. I usually only cleanse it to remove my makeup at night or if I've worked out, as I don't like putting too many chemicals on my skin. My philosophy is that the sebum produced naturally by the pores is there for a reason, and it's healthy for the skin. What's key is maintaining the skin's moisture barrier and not depleting it by over-cleansing.

So, in the morning, if I don't shower, I don't do anything to my face before applying my makeup.  If I do shower, I generally just let the water wet my face; occasionally, I'll use my ProActiv cleanser (active ingredient: benzoyl peroxide).

To remove makeup at night, I'm usually lazy and just use a makeup removing wipe. If I'm not lazy, I'll use face oil or Vaseline to remove the makeup. To prevent breakouts, I apply either Mario Badescu Glycolic Gel or ProActiv Toner (active ingredient: fly colic acid) to the places I'm acne-prone a couple times a week. Both of these products also moisturize the skin.

I apply eye cream (Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado) to my eye area if I remember, as well. I also apply moisturizer or face oil to the rest of my face if needed.  Although face oil doesn't make me break out, when it comes to moisturizers (lotions), I need to use oil-free formulas - Clinique Dramatically Different Gel and, to a lesser extent, CeraVe work for me.

• 6 months later...

After years of various alternative treatments, I've finally gotten my doctor to prescribe me Accutane, and have been on my first course for just over a week now. So far it's been going well, and the only side effect has been the extreme dryness of my lips and hands. I've been told to use hydrocortisone cream, but very sparingly, and am wondering if anyone has any good brands to recommend for lip balms or hand lotions? (: 

6 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

After years of various alternative treatments, I've finally gotten my doctor to prescribe me Accutane, and have been on my first course for just over a week now. So far it's been going well, and the only side effect has been the extreme dryness of my lips and hands. I've been told to use hydrocortisone cream, but very sparingly, and am wondering if anyone has any good brands to recommend for lip balms or hand lotions? (: 

I've tried a couple different stuff from this brand and love it! Especially the beeswax lip balm:

https://www.absolutenyproducts.com/productdetail.aspx?idx=2023&cat1=164&cat2=0&cat3=0&cat4=0&cat5=0&cat6=0

Any argan or coconut oil lip balms are always really moisturizing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After starting Accutane, I had to drastically change my skincare routine, and I think I've finally locked into a routine I really like and works for my skin right now. Buy bye all those oil control/mattifying products, hello intense moisture. 

Morning: 

- Burt's Bees Clary Sage Cream Cleanser

- Josie Maran SPF 47 Daily Moisturizer 

Follow with make up for the day. 

Evening: 

- Simple Brand Micellar Make Up Wipes, Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, Nubian Heritage Black Soap to remove make up. (I've been doing triple or double cleanses for years now to make sure every smudge of make up is off my face.) 

- Sunday Riley U.F.O Face Oil :alien: 

- Laneige Bright Renew Serum 

- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 

And I use the Kate Sommerville Exfolikate once a week as well. I'm so in love with this product. 

Regarding the lip balms I was asking about earlier, I found that my two lifesavers were the Jack Black lip balm in Mint for the day time, and First Aid Beauty  Intensive Repair Balm before bed. 

• 5 months later...
On 30/10/2012 at 10:41 PM, Cult Icon said:

^

I've gone a bit farther than that, I'm afraid. I've been using doctor prescribed clindamycin phosphate twice a day for the past four months. It's an anti-inflammation cream that helps balance your skin by eliminating inflammation, and it has worked well so far.

Also, tazorac cream for the nose. (also doctor prescribed)

I've continued to avoid gluten, sugar, and dairy, and I think it's helping. My skin is more balanced now due to the above precautions, and looks very good. That's why I haven't been posting here for a while.............

:-p

Hi Beauty's

Can anyone recommend me a good blackhead cleaner/remover/mask for me?I'm getting really picking at my skin all the time so I need something that can help me to remove black easily.no pain and side effect

I'm posting here because I'm new user

On 2/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, fingo9 said:

Hi Beauty's

Can anyone recommend me a good blackhead cleaner/remover/mask for me?I'm getting really picking at my skin all the time so I need something that can help me to remove black easily.no pain and side effect

I'm posting here because I'm new user

Hello 

I would recommend a blackhead remover (metal tool).  They sell them on amazon.  Dermatologists use them.

I use mine (on my nose)every week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going to be 32 years old in 2 months but people always comment on how young I look whenever they hear of my age.  They think I'm in my mid 20s. (or even early 20s).  So there should be something I'm doing right.

I don't smoke, zero drugs, don't drink regularly, and I moisturize ALOT.   I get enough sleep.  I drink orange juice with a multi-vitamin every day.  Also I have not had much weight fluctuation since my early 20s , so my skin has not "stretched out", and then hanged loose as one loses weight (like fat people).  I eat 1-2 servings of boiled vegetables everyday and am "regular" everyday.

What I haven't been able to stop is the graying of my hair LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would say "avoid dairy and sugar" at all costs if you are acne-prone.  Just doing this cleared me up completely.  I recently got into eating ice cream and more sugar more and voila!  predictable results. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Do what I do Cult, and call them natural highlights. :yes:

or salt & pepper :hang:

I'm been graying since I was maybe 12 or so.  I have the look of a 25 year old but the hair color of a 45 year old lol.