These are just 10 steps to help you in finding your mystery model/celeb/person .
1. Get as much info as you can when you save the pic in the fist place
Remember, the pics we want identified don't fall out of a tree. We find them somewhere on the internet and the name of the site or simular info can go a long way to identification. the problem is, we get the pic and forget where we got it from. Try to remember to document the information when you save the pic in the first place .
2. Know Your Audience
There are some who love to ID and look for some to id. There is also a large percentage of users who are just passing through. Try to keep that audience in mind. There is a good chance that of the many passing through, one can help you out.
3. Get a Title that Stands Out
To help attract that audience, try to avoid a generic title. There are tons titled "Who is this?" "Who is this model?" "3 Models" ect. The casual model id browser (and often myself) will simply skip right by most of those for something that looks either more interresting or more promissing. They will also be less likely to remember it or even be able to find it when they come back again.
4. Put as much info as possible in the description.
Hair color, hair style, hair legnth, eye color, ethnicity, designer, ad name, do they look like someone?, someone with them in the picture, magazine, photographer...anything that may ring a bell with or catch the eye of someone casually passing through.
A title of "Model with long red hair and Green eyes" may make them say, "hey, I know a couple models with long red hair and green eyes, I guess I'll give it a shot."
"Latina SI model" "hmmm...I know some Latina SI models..."
"Blonde model in Guess ad"
"Black Intimissimi model"
4. Assist in the Moving Process.
By that I mean, when a model has been identified and confirmed by the topic starter, it is to be transferred to the "Previously Id'ed" section. The more id'ed models there are moved, the more attention those that aren't id'ed can get. If you know of one that is both id'ed and confirmed, sent a staff member a message so they can move it. If you happen to have man (5 or more) post the links in the "Models that Have Been Identified in Model ID" thread.
5. Put your inquiries in a sig (600 X 140 pixtels or less in size) with a link to the thread underneath.
6. PM a member or members you think have interrest in that vein.
7. Make attempts at the inquiries of others
Taking an interrest in the causes of others has a way of sparking interrest in yours .
8. Be courteous
Don't do things like bump an entire page and a half of your threads. This is not only discourteous to others, but can rub a lot of people that would have otherwise helped the wrong way. Also, don't take your frustrations out on others. Some have a tendancy to get frustrated and randomly take it out on the general masses. "If you people like fashion so much, seems like you should know " . For the most part, most don't comment because they don't know, but comments like that will make them lose interrest in helping you altogether.
9. Subscribe to your model id threads and those of interrest. That way, you can be notified of replies.
1. Click "Options" at the top right of the thread
2. Click "Track this topic" (the first option)
3. Select the mode of notification. If you select "No Email Notification", you will be notified
via "View Topics" under "Subscriptions" which is under "Menu" on the left.
10. Other fashion forums that have model id, fashionspot, fashionmodeldirectory, supermodels.nl. Only...if your model is id'ed on another site, say who it is in your thread here as well so that it can be moved to the "Previously Id'ed Section".
Good luck !
Storage for Some in Need of Confirmation
Who are this model?
Who are these models?
Pirelli Girls (too many girls)
girls from saks red and blonde