Bellazon

True Blood

Ophelia_Immortal

Why are the seasons so short? Is it just me or does it seem like they should air more episodes in a season?

I know right. I wondered that too, 12 episodes in one season is to short. Most seasons to a tv show are a lot longer than 12 episodes. I hope the next season will be longer...

...and have more Eric. :blush:

Why are the seasons so short? Is it just me or does it seem like they should air more episodes in a season?

I know right. I wondered that too, 12 episodes in one season is to short. Most seasons to a tv show are a lot longer than 12 episodes. I home the next season will be longer...

...and have more Eric. :blush:

Usually in the pilot years its not uncommon to have short seasons but wow.. two years in a row.. I have other weekly series with 19 episodes and they were not as popular.

I know right. I wondered that too, 12 episodes in one season is to short. Most seasons to a tv show are a lot longer than 12 episodes. I home the next season will be longer...

Thing is, most premium cable TV shows are like that. Instead of doing 24 episodes per year like they do on shows on network TV, they only do 12 per year. Same thing goes for shows like Entourage, Dexter, Weeds; etc.

Thing is, most premium cable TV shows are like that. Instead of doing 24 episodes per year like they do on shows on network TV, they only do 12 per year. Same thing goes for shows like Entourage, Dexter, Weeds; etc.

Dexter is only 12 episodes.. I actually didnt notice that but then I watch seasons 1 through 3 in a week.. lol

^ I agree to an extent. The book is a different from the show. I got the first 4 books and I'm hooked on them. Im still on the first book (on the 11 chapter) and it looks like on the show they try to make Bill the good guy and Eric the bad guy, what is up with that? I know im going to be enjoying the books, I wish I can just take a few days off to read them without going anywhere, Ive been to busy to sit and read.

And about the 12 seasons of the show, its a bummer. I wish they would add in at least a couple more episodes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And about the 12 seasons of the show, its a bummer. I wish they would add in at least a couple more episodes.

You should mind that True Blood, Dexter etc. have like 52-56 minute episodes, while shows like Supernatural and 24 are only 42-45 minutes long, so you could count 10x12 'extra' minutes, making it 15 eps in comparison. On a side-note I like these shorter seasons, quality>quantity :hehe:.

I finished season 1, awesome! Bill & Lafayette are great

just finished season 2, I watched both seasons in a week :shock: very addictive show, I liked s2 even more than s1, Jason was f*cking hilarious :rofl:

and Sookie is still f*cking annoying :p it's the face yeah

oh and Jessica was pretty hawt :hehe:

HBO always does it.

by the way, i watched the first season and i liked it but no more.

i think it's a mix between anita blake and this ô so stupid twilight (sorry for the addicts but this story is full of non-sens).

in the story many and many people are killed and it's like the caracters weren't shocked, as it was normal...

they never cry, always be happy, without empathy, very superficial as they didn't take time to built caracters, they are just caricatures without complexity.

i don't think the actors are bad but there aren't feelings in their game. they are all like this, so i think the problems comes from the director/screewriters

usually HBO tv shows are better

Tara freaked out at her first dead body, Sookie isnt fully human so can't blame her :p

Bill has complexity, and Eric has a lot of character development between s1 and 2

Jason is just a macho-dude and fcking funny :p Sam is lame but also somewhat complex

you should watch season 2, it really quite different!

• 2 weeks later...