Bellazon

Silviu Tolu
Thumbnail

faget

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Grit Magazine. Ph: Shannon Sinclair. The second one is my favorite of these. I love the color in all of them.

th_0cf4c4128654831.jpg/monthly_04_2011/post-48811-0-1446100476-23067_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="4069368" alt="post-48811-0-1446100476-23067_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="149.93"> post-48811-0-1446100476-24764_thumb.jpg 16b4a1128654850.jpg

behind the scenes Grit photoshoot

post-48811-0-1446100476-27567_thumb.jpg post-48811-0-1446100476-28841_thumb.jpg th_f25569128655024.jpg/monthly_04_2011/post-48811-0-1446100476-324_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="4069372" alt="post-48811-0-1446100476-324_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="75">

I think it's Shannon with Silviu and Kaan Tilki in the first 2 photos. It's Shannon's daughter with Silviu in the last one. So cute :)

source: http://crushmetender.blogspot.com/

The Style Alternative blog posted an interview with Silviu and featured him on their Model Monday 5/8/11.

"Model Monday: Silviu Tolu.

By Jess Nha | May 8th, 2011

One of the newest crop of models is a Romanian model named Silviu Tolu, who debuted on the runway for the Spring/Summer 2010 collections. In the short amount of time he has been modeling professionally, he has opened the runway show for Issey Miyake, and also walked in Dior Homme, Damir Doma, Kris Van Assche, and Hermes. His chiseled face and arresting eyes helped him land the job as the face for Guess’s Fall/Winter 2010 and Spring/Summer 2011 ad campaigns. He took time out of his busy schedule last week to answer some questions to Style Alternative.

+SA: So tell us a bit about yourself.

ST: Hello everyone, my name is Silviu Tolu aka the Romanian Vampire, haha.

+SA: How and where were you discovered?

ST: I was discovered in Bucharest by Sorin Brotnei, the scouter of my mother agency, Allure Management (www.alluremanagement.com).

+SA: Where are you from originally?

ST: I’m from Bucharest, Romania.

+SA: Anything on your Family, education, past work?

ST: I don’t have any brothers or sisters. I graduated high-school last summer and I’ve been modeling since I was 17.

+SA: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

ST: On the catwalk! In front of the camera (chuckles) as well as learning screenplays.

+SA: If you do, where do you go to school and what do you study?

ST: I attend university in Bucharest, and I’m studying Marketing.

+SA: Where do you see menswear in fashion in 5 years?

ST: Still amazing, maybe a little bit crazier but according to those times.

+SA: What do you like doing outside of modeling?

ST: I like acting and learning monologues. I like going out with my friends. I like watching movies and shopping for patterned socks.

+SA: What are some of your hobbies?

ST: Reading, drawing, traveling and meeting new people with different culture and points view.

+SA: Favorite music, movie, books?

ST: I don’t have a favorite music genre, I like what I like if you get me. If I listen to a song and I like it, it doesn’t matter it’s rock music, hip-hop or whatever. As for movies, I enjoy the works of Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick, Guy Ritchie, Tarantino, Christopher Nolan. I enjoy reading the works of Balzac, Mircea Eliade, Mihail Drumes (Romanian writers) and some others.

+SA: Anything else you would like to share?

ST: Follow your dreams!

We want to extend a major thank you to Silviu Tolu himself for the interview he granted us, and also want to wish him the best on the upcoming Spring/Summer 2012 Menswear shows that will be taking place in Milan and Paris this coming June. For booking information in New York, you can check on Red Models website at www.rednyc.com. For booking information in Paris, you can check on Success Models website at www.successmodels.com. For booking information in Milan, you can check on D’Men’s website at www.dmanagementgroup.com."

source: http://stylealternative.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Some images from the Guess F/W 2011 ad campaign have been released. It's the 3rd consecutive season that Silviu has been featured in the campaign.

"The West just got a little more wild thanks to actress Amber Heard’s sexy Fall 2011 Guess campaign. Photographed by Ellen von Unwerth, the classic black-and-white images trace the love story of a seriously stylish saloon singer and a very dapper cowboy, from their first meeting at a bus stop right up to their steamy clinch.

Heard, who stars as a Playboy Bunny in NBC’s upcoming ’60s-era series The Playboy Club, channels the decade again for her Guess ads, posing à la Marilyn Monroe in cuffed, skinny jeans; cropped denim jackets; knit bustiers; and retro-inspired dresses. Her paramour, model Silviu Tolu, wears studly styles such as denim jackets, leather bombers, Western-inspired wovens, and worn-in jeans.

“Whether it’s a private glimpse of our heroine lounging in her seat, primping at a motel before her performance, or the intimate shots of the characters’ connection unfolding, the campaign is shot in such a way that the viewer knows they are witnessing a life-altering experience between the pair,” Guess said in a statement."

post-48811-0-1446100489-13328_thumb.jpg post-48811-0-1446100489-17152_thumb.png

source of text: http://fashionetc.com/

source of images: http://www.agentiadepresamondena.com/

Interview with AloMoDa June 2011

post-48811-0-1446100490-49298_thumb.jpg (this one is huge and particularly beautiful. click full size)

post-48811-0-1446100490-50521_thumb.jpg post-48811-0-1446100490-52569_thumb.jpg post-48811-0-1446100490-54051_thumb.jpg post-48811-0-1446100490-56083_thumb.jpg

source: http://www.alomoda.ro/interviu-silviu-tolu...le-de-moda.html

English translation (sorry this is a rough translation from google translate)

"Fashion is not just a designer and his creative - fashion is a complex industry, in which each character plays a well-established. Models are, if you will, players on the fashion scene. Wear clothes and give replies like the way life moves through them and how we relate to easily page glossy fashion magazine.

Silviu Tolu is IT boy of the moment, with major campaigns for GUESS - for the 3rd season already, Oliver S., Garnier Fructis, and many editorials.

20 years - a student at the Marketing Academy - skips Paris Fashion Week this season because he wants to give their exams at college - he wants to do drama - his eyes change color, from the khaki green to deep blue or gray, depending on the color around it …

AloMoDa: What song would you like to accompany this interview?

Silviu Tolu: Gwen McGrae - All This Love That I’m giving

AloMoDa: before coming home now, where were you?

Silviu Tolu: I went to New York because it is during the campaign for next season. Guess I did again, this time FW 11/12 season with actress Amber Heard and sOLIVER 11/12 FW.

Evolution of the last two years is dramatic. How difficult was the beginning?

Silviu Tolu: I remember the first time I was in Paris how hard it was. 14 metro lines, fixed hours that I have to go to casting delay’s and one late if at all. It first happened, but now I know and tell everyone it’s better to go with a half earlier than half an hour later.

So you started with Paris …

Silviu Tolu: Yes, the first job was for workshops Dior, when I was wearing clothes made of paper, as patterns.

Have you ever upset / you felt sorry for not getting a casting?

Silviu Tolu: Yes, first season at Prada. I was at the initial casting in Paris, Milan and then to recall we got to the last ‘call back’ but I was not chosen, even though I was exactly the kind Prada - new face.

How would you describe the typology of right now, as a model? Whose brand you assign your image?

Silviu Tolu: Can I be in many ways - and more masculine, like I was in Guess, or very soft, as in the Kriss van Assche, Dior Homme … I think I can interpret a variety of roles.

How you express yourself better? In an editorial or catwalk?

Silviu Tolu: On the catwalk you can not play any character and that’s why I like editorial, where they can play. I really like the scenario’s shooting, as the Guess, for example. I actually documented it, I saw videos of Elvis Presley and tried to get into character.

Guess you’ve worked with Ellen von Unwerth. What was it like?

Silviu Tolu: It is very jovial and full of life, is zbenguie*, we encourage you to get moving and we trangand it in this time frame. It is very pleasant for me meant a lot to her energy helping me to better open the room.

How does a fashion week for you?

Silviu Tolu: Casting’uri - presentations - after parties. Well, Europe does not really go to parties, but even in New York should not be missed. It’s happening city in the world where most countries parties.

New York - Paris - Milan - London - whose dynamic fashion week do you like?

Silviu Tolu: In London I have presented so far, but Paris is the most authentic in terms of fashion. New York, being so large, fashion is not really felt, but Paris is breathing fashion at any moment.

But to live?

Silviu Tolu: Although I love Paris very much, I would like to live in New York. There, nobody cares how you dress, who you are and how you are, you do not feel constrained and more freely, without frustrations.

And Kaan Tilke said in New York, Brooklyn, that is found in artistic atmosphere there. You prefer to Manhattan?

Silviu Tolu: I have a creative side, but did not express myself through drawing but more so in words. I am not so ‘hip’ and my friend Kaan, so relaxed, they are more pragmatic, and maybe yes, Manhattan would fit me better. However, in this job must have an artistic side, a model is an actor, a meaning that we should be very expressive.

What you learn from travel strainainte from the fact that you get in contact with so many people, you sit there alone …

Silviu Tolu: It helps me not to judge people - to try to know them before I make an opinion about them. Work with me to be better from all points of view - both as character and professional.

After two months abroad, felt like home comings, the Romanian our style?

Silviu Tolu: I try not to care very much cultural and educational differences. Anyway, I like to amaze the clothes or to take center stage.

You now studying marketing, then you see yourself working in a field of fashion, unless you sit?

Silviu Tolu: Not really, I want to get bearings by acting, television, an interactive job. Clearly not see myself sitting at a desk, to be an economist, even though I finish this college. Anyway, I want to do a Masters and I start taking acting classes, I want to New York unless the context would be favorable.

Did you set a deadline, up to age … to do something?

Silviu Tolu: Currently they are young are not scared and trying not to rush things. In terms of drama can happen anytime, it depends on opportunity.

When I spoke with Allure to do the interview and I said we made some pictures, asked me to take care of the photos, so that any picture you made instantly around the world. It is Facebook’s dangerous about you?

Silviu Tolu: Yes, it is quite dangerous because you can not control everything. I happened to ask a friend to remove a picture from a party. Even if a space that I feel it’s my, it is public and it’s normal for it to care about my image.

How important is the relationship you have with the agency, your job, now at the level where you are?

Silviu Tolu: It is essential. I am lucky because between us is a relationship of friendship, in the first place. I have full confidence in them and if it says it’s better to go in a certain place, I’m going because I know I will benefit.

Your parents realize that modeling is not a hobby but a profession for you?

Silviu Tolu: Yes, I’m very at peace with it, as long as it affects me during college.

Last pictorial for WWD is very unique …

Silviu Tolu: Yes, it was unique, very emotional, difficult and fun. Working with babies, you better be careful to keep them in my arms … I could always laugh because it zbenguiau and coo …

A preferred shooting you have done?

Silviu Tolu: There are many, I do not have any choice. I really liked the one I did a year ago Rozalb de Mura - weird, experimental, I have not done that since. I very much I study the positions, hook Tibi work with us in the sense that, we explain which is the most advantageous position for us. Therefore, I move freely, naturally, applying everything I learned Tibi - therefore, I trust that the results are good, with each editorial.

Last Editorial Diana Sar operated at a very intimate side of yourself.

Silviu Tolu: I’m really surprised me. I have overcome many limitations in it - was not only posed, the frame state, I experienced some intense states along with Diana and Tibi, in the studio.

Got a favorite actor that inspires this “game” of yours?

Silviu Tolu: I have a favorite actor, I have a favorite movie, favorite things we did not. I love Brad Pitt in “Inglorious Bastards, Leonardo di Caprio in” Catch Me If You Can. “

An evening abroad, you’re too tired to go out, what are you doing?

Silviu Tolu: The most simple - sit and talk with friends on Skype. It would be a movie because it relaxes me. But what satisfies me most is the mood to read, although many are too tired for that.

Do you have any statement that invokes it often?

Silviu Tolu: I do not really believe there are things you can not do if you want something, you can only get it if you work for him. I even saw a magnet on a refrigerator in New York: ‘Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined. “

*zbenguie: when someone has lots of movements while he's dancing (info from Stefan Crisan)

Silviu will be in a book Client Magazine is publishing in late June- "100 Faces of 2011"

post-48811-0-1446100492-96169_thumb.jpg

"At the end of June, Client Magazine releases 100 Faces of 2011 (the first of a series of limited edition books to be released by Client), featuring 100 of the worlds current influential male models including a large selection of break-through talent. The 120-page book was edited by Ian Cole and boasts colour and b/w portraits of Ryan Bertroche at Request, Paolo Anchisi at Ford NYC, Francisco Lachowski at Ford NYC, River Viiperi at Elite, Sebastian Sauve at Premier, Leebo Freeman at Adam, Alex Dunstan at Select, Tom Lander at Select, Sam Lawson at Select, Jacob Young at Select just to name just a few. Casting for the book was managed by Ian Cole and Kristiina Wilson and Ian also chose a small group of photographers to shoot specially for the project – including Renie Saliba, Samuel Zakuto, Noel Ann, Sam Scott Schiavo, Dimitris Theocharis and Kristiina Wilson (who managed to shoot nearly half the boys!).

The book will be available in hard-back, softback and digital versions and soon with an iPad/iPhone app on the iTunes store. The book is available world-wide through mail order. Check the Client Magazine website for the latest news. Website: www.clientmagazine.eu"

source of quote: designscene

source of image: client magazine tumblr