Bellazon

Michelle Vawer
Thumbnail

allus6ka

They stick to most of their models every year, they only have five or six new girls every year. Most of the models are returners from previous years. From the 2012 Rookies Nina Agdal (who btw was voted 'Rookie of the Year' before the whole Joe Jonas thing, meaning she already had nailed the job) & Adaora already shot for 2013. I think Jessica & Michelle both will be back too though but we'll see, I'm pretty sure they're still going to at least two or three more locations for 2013, it's going to be their 50th Anniversary & i wouldn't be surprised if they have more models than usual

They stick to most of their models every year, they only have five or six new girls every year. Most of the models are returners from previous years. From the 2012 Rookies Nina Agdal (who btw was voted 'Rookie of the Year' before the whole Joe Jonas thing, meaning she already had nailed the job) & Adaora already shot for 2013. I think Jessica & Michelle both will be back too though but we'll see, I'm pretty sure they're still going to at least two or three more locations for 2013, it's going to be their 50th Anniversary & i wouldn't be surprised if they have more models than usual

Not to argue but the news stories about Nina dating Joe Jonas happened with 7 days of voting left. The news stories started to surface around March 8, 2012 (Google it) and the voting didn't end and Nina wasn't declared Rookie Of The Year till around March 14, 2012.

Last time I checked, March 8th comes before March 14th?

Jessica Perez and Michelle Vawer were originally #1 and #2.

^No, pretty sure she got it without joes help. She was wayyyyyy in the lead before the "kinda sorta" possible dating rumor with joe jonas, which barely made a news story. She got that title because she was a standout in the rookies. Argument over.

Anywho this is michelles thread, not ninas ;)

Just a brief note on the SI voting.

I was pulling for Nina pretty hard, and as a result voted quite a bit. I began to suspect that the voting was... wonky at best, rigged at worst, after some tests.

What tests? Well, I set up this automatic mouse clicking program, set it up to basically keep voting overnight for a few nights. There were literally thousands of votes cast just from this alone, and the percentages never budged once. Occasionally, Nina or Jessica would shoot to the lead only to lose it to one or the other. If there was a pattern to most of the voting at all, it would be Nina slowly building a lead and then Jessica shooting to the top again. Repeat.

Then, a week before the end of the vote, all the models ended up being very close to each other in votes out of nowhere. We're talking girls who were at 3-4% for the vast majority of the time the poll was open shooting up to within a percentage point of the leaders.

That Nina won (or, more appropriately for this thread, Michelle lost) probably had nothing to do with voting at all, and was likely predetermined. They say that when an election makes no sense - and this one made no sense at all, given the completely inconsistent and illogical patterns anyone who paid close, long term attention saw - it was probably rigged. It was rigged. And I say that as a supporter of the winner.

Just a brief note on the SI voting.

I was pulling for Nina pretty hard, and as a result voted quite a bit. I began to suspect that the voting was... wonky at best, rigged at worst, after some tests.

What tests? Well, I set up this automatic mouse clicking program, set it up to basically keep voting overnight for a few nights. There were literally thousands of votes cast just from this alone, and the percentages never budged once. Occasionally, Nina or Jessica would shoot to the lead only to lose it to one or the other. If there was a pattern to most of the voting at all, it would be Nina slowly building a lead and then Jessica shooting to the top again. Repeat.

Then, a week before the end of the vote, all the models ended up being very close to each other in votes out of nowhere. We're talking girls who were at 3-4% for the vast majority of the time the poll was open shooting up to within a percentage point of the leaders.

That Nina won (or, more appropriately for this thread, Michelle lost) probably had nothing to do with voting at all, and was likely predetermined. They say that when an election makes no sense - and this one made no sense at all, given the completely inconsistent and illogical patterns anyone who paid close, long term attention saw - it was probably rigged. It was rigged. And I say that as a supporter of the winner.

Michelle was a close second choice for me, so it's not like I'm not a fan. Come to think of it, I wouldn't have bothered with the whole auto-clicking thing beyond the first attempt had I actually gotten results with it. I just kept doing it out of frustration when it seemed like it didn't even make a dent.

I mean, setting it up so that you can vote an unlimited number of times anonymously in the first place should have been a giveaway that something was up. If they really cared, they'd tie it to Facebook, or Twitter or w/e.