Bellazon

Sub-Forums

TooBoku

On the model subforums issue... I actually prefer to browse through a long thread rather than separate smaller ones. I don't like the idea of posting pictures and videos in one thread and discuss them in another. It just doesn't make sense.

12 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

that's fine. i get it. but what about #2? 

You don't have to separate a huge thread. You would just have to move some of the threads.

The world of celebrity had changed a lot since this forum started. There are people famous for having no discernible talent other than the fact they are entertaining. We have youtube stars, Instagram Stars, WAGs, Reality Show People, Hosts, etc. Eventually this forum is going to become more orientated to these people than actors, musicians, and models.

If you don't believe me, you can see it in the model section. Right now, the model section is becoming a difference between models who instagram versus instagram models. Models who are non-exclusive and barely have a dozen clients have 100K plus followers and huge threads versus a model who had lots of regular clients and a thread filled with campaigns and catalog work with half a dozen agencies worldwide has less than 2k of followers. The model who does Vogue covers has a thread less than 10 pages versus the model with a huge instagram following who has 20. A lot of the more popular threads are filled with instagram candid pictures and barely any professional work. Model agencies are now representing instagram stars regardless of their looks. One Management represents The Fat Jewish, he isn't walking any runways any time soon but he could totally do editorials and ads based on his likability. 

With more and more younger people becoming members, there is going to be a shift. They care more about the Social Media Stars, Reality Stars, and WAG types than what we post in. Even if it's just a sub forum for Reality Show People, to start off with. All the Kardashian's and few others could go in there for now.

I am only suggesting this because of the amount of threads I have asked to be moved. I request for so many threads to be moved into different sections because the newer members think that these Other People of Interest are actual models, actors, or musicians despite not being represented by a talent agency or having any done anything noteworthy in their claimed profession. This is something to think about going forward.

For now, I think if Other People of Interest thread just listed what belonged in it.

this is too vague

Other Females of Interest

Females That Don't Go Into Any Other (Or More Than One) Category On BZ.

I would settle for you listing in that description stating: Reality Television Stars, Social Media Stars, Television Hosts, Glamour Models, and other women who aren't Fashion Models, Musicians or Actors go in this category. 

The same should apply for men as well. With all the non-English speakers on here and dense people, it spells it out for them. I am sure that changing the description would be much easier than a sub-forum and I should have thought of it sooner.

Is that too outlandish to request? I don't want to make anyone's life difficult. I just want people to stop posting these topics everywhere in this forum. I feel all I do is request things to be moved to its proper place. A lot of times, it because they don't understand where that person's thread should be. I think this would help. :smile:

@modelknowledge

I would settle for you listing in that description stating: Reality Television Stars, Social Media Stars, Television Hosts, Glamour Models, and other women who aren't Fashion Models, Musicians or Actors go in this category. 

I like that idea, would make it clearer as well as more relevant to search engines. Let me discuss with the staff and see what we can do.