Bellazon

Assassins Creed 2

Berno

Assassin's Creed II (or Assassin's Creed 2) is an upcoming sandbox-style action-adventure video game being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft, the sequel to Assassin's Creed. It is set to be released worldwide on November 17, 2009 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.

While not much is known of the plot yet, it has been confirmed that the player will assume the role of a young nobleman-turned-assassin named Ezio Auditore di Firenze. In an interview with Patrice Desilets, the games creative director, it is revealed that the main character's family has been killed and that the essence of the plot is to get revenge on the rival families that killed them.Like the first game, Ezio is an ancestor of Desmond Miles, the modern day bartender who was captured by Abstergo, with Ezio himself being a descendant of Altaïr who lived in the Holy Land.

He is shown to have dual hidden blades. In addition to the hidden blades Ezio is shown to have a firearm of some sort (most likely an early wheel lock firearm) concealed near his left hidden blade. The game is set to take place in Renaissance Italy in the year 1486, which is 295 years after the first game. Like Assassin's Creed, characters based on historical figures will be present in the game including Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolò Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, and Lorenzo de' Medici. Unlike Altaïr, Ezio has no removed fingers, and this innovation is primarily due to the technical advances brought on by Leonardo da Vinci, who helps Ezio throughout the course of the game.

Locations mentioned thus far as being included in the game are Venice, Florence, the Tuscan countryside and Rome. Specific landmarks include St Mark's Basilica, the Grand Canal, the Little Canal, and the Rialto Bridge.

Official E3 Trailer

Gameplay

I loved the first one, and this looks 10 times as good.. :woot:

Roll on November. :D

• 5 months later...

I loved this game. LOL. the first one was great and I'm glad this one I can actually jump in the water and not die or rather desyncronize. ahaha. Unfortunately...it didn't take me so long to get to the end of the game. I was shocked. But there's still tons of mini missions and such I can still do. But the storyline is great.

Yeah...It would be better to rent it IMHO. Didn't take that long to beat and if you don't really care for the little off storyline missions and such, then even more reason to just rent b/c you'll be done beating the initial game in no time. Great graphics and cool storyline.

• 4 weeks later...

:heart:

I just finished playing AC2! Whew-wee, it took me a total of over THIRTY-FIVE hours to obtain 100% at the Monteriggioni Villa but it was worth every second. I also completed all 50 Achievements, though it wan't easy. Trying to obtain the "Sweep Five Guards" and "Blind Four Guards" Achievements was a pain in the effing ass!

I was a bit dumbfounded at the fact that there are two missing Memory DNA between 1492 and 1498 (Memory 12 and Memory 13), but I found out those two DNA Memories will be made available as separate DLC.

Unlike the first AC, I was a bit more invested in the storyline. The fact that the developers turned a historical figure like Rodrigo Borgia (AKA Pope Alexander VI) into a Templar bad guy was weird in itself. And who knew that Leonardo DaVinci was such a fruity guy!

If anyone has any UNUSED Xbox Live codes for the remaining two secret locations in the game, I'll PAY you for it! I already unlocked the Templar Boatyard and the Auditore Gravesite and I just need the last two! Anyone? Fine, EFF YOU ALL!

:laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...