Bellazon

Architecture

• 2 weeks later...

They Cracked on with that quickly! Was there only 3 years ago and nothing was done. I took this girl out for dinner while i was there and we took a wander afterwards. We turned the corner and she looked up in between a couple of buildings and said thats were the "Twin Towers" use to be. I remember the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end swiftly followed by a cold shudder down my spine as I imaged them being there and the tragic events that took place. Was eerie feeling i tell you :ninja:

Do you know what the tower will be used for?

Towers 1 & 4 are moving fairly quickly ever since the first vertical beams were placed. Many wonder why it took so long funny enough to get to those first vertical beams. But people seem to forget that it took the original WTC development a good 10 years for it to look the way it use to be. And oh how i know that feeling u speak of when looking at that site. I still have vivid memories of that day, turning on the TV and seeing the very tragedy unfold right before my eyes. Tragic to say the least. One picture I cant scrap off my mind till this day was that of people jumping out from the towers windows from over 500 feet in the air to avoid being burned alive....got the chills from thinking about it once again. With all that said, I cant wait to go back to NYC in 2013 when tower 1 should open for business :)

And as far as what the towers will be used for, its mostly all office space. So far tower one is 60% percent leased with such tenants as Conde Nast magazine company and Vantone Industrial, a Chinese real estate company, among others that i just don't have full info on at the moment. And the other adjacent tower (WTC 4) is set to have a good amount of floor spaced leased by the Human Resources Administration in NYC, over 500,000 sq. ft. from what i read. But it's one huge leasing mess at the moment with tower 4...so we will see how that goes. Actually, that whole leasing fiasco is why towers 2 & 3 will only be built to podium level at the moment for retail since Larry Silverstein (real estate investor and developer) can't secure and anchor any possible tenants at the moment. Once market conditions are favorable and most importantly tenants secured for tower 2 & 3 would we finally see construction resume again.

Sounds good! Exciting times for sure. I'll have to do a bit of reading up on it myself. Just out of curiosity. What's the general concencious among the Americans of it simply being another target. I know it represents to the world that you won't allow them to beat you, standing up for yourself, showing united front etc etc. I respect that, i think thats the right mentality to have. However dare i say I think it can sometimes cloud Amercia's judgement at times to other aspects of it being built :ninja:

Overall I do think it's great that its being built but you can't deny there is an element of risk involved....

Well the general consensus among most Americans with the whole WTC development is one of pride, economic resilience, and a basic middle finger to those who attacked the area. And good point on the whole clouded judgment of it all. Some tend to forget it's not just a place of business but a very sensitive sight for those to grieve lost loved ones considering many people simply were evaporated from existence and no remains were found. So that area is literally the burial for many. But then you have those who wanted one huge memorial on the entire site, on some of the most valuable real-estate on the planet. While i certainly coincide with those who want a memorial for all that has been lost. We also have to take into account that the area is a place of business and we simply cant ignore that factor. As of now, they have done an excellent job balancing the above 2 aspects without any one overshadowing another funny enough. Why i tell people time is of the most important essence for this projects so a well thought out plan can be placed for many future generations to morn, educate, build wealth, and leave the impression that life is most precious when it's gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh vertical farming. I've read a fair share on many such concepts and real world applications of this new method of feeding the ever expanding human population. Check this video out liika, more on the same concept. A ingenious idea to keep food supplies local and most importantly fresh and pesticide free. True sustainability with the below :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...