Bellazon

Architecture

• 2 months later...

I still laugh at how focused we are with attaining 'carbon neutral' cities when carbon dioxide itself doesn't contribute to global warming as much as many folks think. For me its more on sustainability then any other eco-nut term. Once sustainability is achieved then u can truly call yourself 'Eco-friendly' and a model city for the rest of the world. Mascar City while impressive in scale of concept is nothing more then a big shiny display of squandered money.

I still laugh at how focused we are with attaining 'carbon neutral' cities when carbon dioxide itself doesn't contribute to global warming as much as many folks think. For me its more on sustainability then any other eco-nut term. Once sustainability is achieved then u can truly call yourself 'Eco-friendly' and a model city for the rest of the world. Mascar City while impressive in scale of concept is nothing more then a big shiny display of squandered money.

Depends, I haven't studied the project in detail. There is a total lack of transparency over the project. It seems to be a gated community for the UAE ultrarich. However, there are some decent European Venture capital funds that have seen some value there. So if it turns south and their portfolios eat it, IP, engineering teams, and other pieces can be harvested and hopefully be sold to bidders. So America may get something out of this.

I've studied the project in great detail as far as the layout and technologies being used there for years now. As far as the financing goes, I've kept my eyes blind for the most part, but i shall read up more on that segment of the project. But I still go with the case of squandered money here considering a lot of the technologies used for this project aren't pioneering ones but existing tech from abroad. Just to few benefiting from such a big financial risk. It's safe to say without oil money and huge government subsidies this project wouldn't so much get a glimpse let alone a build

• 3 weeks later...
I've studied the project in great detail as far as the layout and technologies being used there for years now. As far as the financing goes, I've kept my eyes blind for the most part, but i shall read up more on that segment of the project. But I still go with the case of squandered money here considering a lot of the technologies used for this project aren't pioneering ones but existing tech from abroad. Just to few benefiting from such a big financial risk. It's safe to say without oil money and huge government subsidies this project wouldn't so much get a glimpse let alone a build

The VCs that put up capital there aren't exactly your average retail investor so I assume that they found something interesting enough. But of course, much of what made it to press is propaganda, and naturally the New York Time crowd uncritically drools over anything of the sort. Such is the fate of the unknown..

Greentech isn't my specialty. Are you an architect? I know a geologist that despises environmentalists and clean energy advocates with a passion...:D

• 4 weeks later...