Bellazon

Baptiste Giabiconi
Thumbnail

azure

I really :heart: these quotes:

When Naomi Campbell met Baptiste in Moscow in 2009, she told him, “It’s not right: We all have defects. You have none.”

In an interview with WWD Karl Lagerfeld described Baptiste as “a boy version of Gisele [bündchen]: skinny, skinny but with an athletic body — good for clothes and great with no clothes.”

................................................................................

And that's the truth!... he really is the male version of Gisele. Karl is so lucky, only the people who want to be in his place call him a pervert...

Even Gisele has defects :ninja: Didnt she have a nose job? and her girls are probably enhanced

and personally i dont find her face particularly engaging at all :blink:

Chanel Paris/Shanghai W09

13809500w.jpg

@Pix

Not liking one's (in this case, Karl) style or work doesn't amount to jealousy or wanting to be in said person's place. Personally, I think Baptiste is a little overrated. And I find much of his work with Karl a tad disturbing. Yes, he's got a beautiful face, hair, and body but I wonder if he'd make it out there [in the modeling world that is] on his own. In other words, if not for Karl, would people be creaming themselves over Baptiste? Its a question that can't and won't be answered for a long time I think... but to be honest there's plenty of models that totally outclass Baptiste (in every since) but maybe don't get the attention he does because they don't have Uncle Karl in their corner. Just a thought...

Furthermore, I think its an insult to Gisele to be comparing Baptiste (or any of the current crop of young models for that matter) to her. Let's save that conversation for 5-10+ years down the road. Gisele didn't build her reputation in a year or few years; which is to say, one doesn't become an icon over night. So let's keep that in mind before throwing around silly and arbitrary comparisons like, "[so-and-so] is like Gisele..."

@Pix

Not liking one's (in this case, Karl) style or work doesn't amount to jealousy or wanting to be in said person's place. Personally, I think Baptiste is a little overrated. And I find much of his work with Karl a tad disturbing. Yes, he's got a beautiful face, hair, and body but I wonder if he'd make it out there [in the modeling world that is] on his own. In other words, if not for Karl, would people be creaming themselves over Baptiste? Its a question that can't and won't be answered for a long time I think... but to be honest there's plenty of models that totally outclass Baptiste (in every since) but maybe don't get the attention he does because they don't have Uncle Karl in their corner. Just a thought...

Furthermore, I think its an insult to Gisele to be comparing Baptiste (or any of the current crop of young models for that matter) to her. Let's save that conversation for 5-10+ years down the road. Gisele didn't build her reputation in a year or few years; which is to say, one doesn't become an icon over night. So let's keep that in mind before throwing around silly and arbitrary comparisons like, "[so-and-so] is like Gisele..."

and may i add that NOBODY is the new Kate Moss :ninja:

@Pix

and may i add that NOBODY is the new Kate Moss :ninja:

I can only agree with both of you. And Baptiste's photos have an amateurish quality to them, which you don't see with Brad Kroenig, Jake Davies, and other superior male models who've worked with Karl. He's a nice boy, though. :wave: :whistle:

Karl is so lucky, only the people who want to be in his place call him a pervert...

Your words not mine. You made it seem as though those who don't like Karl and/or Baptiste only dislike them because they wanna be in their place - which is simply not true. We all have our preferences and mine have nothing to do with jealousy or wanting to be in someone's place. Furthermore, don't be immature and curse thinking that gets your point across more sternly or whatever. If you can't debate intelligently and nicely, don't bother debating at all!

P.S. ~ models.com's rankings are highly subjective and have zero merit or benefit [to the models themselves] in the grand scheme of things.

God this is so..... drama

Where did i said: "the ones who don't like Karl"

I was only talking about the people who call him a pervert! Are you in that group? Maybe it was a generalization (my bad :kiss:) , but you look very affected because of the comment anyway :cain:

So if you are in that group of people, of course you can dislike him for all the reasons you want! I don't mind at all

Can we go back to Baptiste now?

Yes? :D

;)

Thank You!

1) Read and comprehend. I didn't say I dislike Baptiste. I said he's overrated. Nor did I say I dislike Karl.

2) If you don't like drama, perhaps you should be careful of grouping people into the hater category because they don't like Karl (or think he's a pervert).

3) If I seem affected, it goes back to the gross generalizations YOU made ;)

And now we can go back to discussing Baptiste :yes: I didn't watch all the videos azure posted but I wish Baptiste had more of a speaking role. And what's up with the guy-liner? Am I the only who thinks that's a totally unattractive look on a [straight] guy??

1) Read and comprehend. I didn't say I dislike Baptiste. I said he's overrated. Nor did I say I dislike Karl.

2) If you don't like drama, perhaps you should be careful of grouping people into the hater category because they don't like Karl (or think he's a pervert).

3) If I seem affected, it goes back to the gross generalizations YOU made ;)

:kiss:

• 3 weeks later...
I was looking around on models.com and found this young man from Texas... kinda resembles those strong feature of Baptiste, and a pretty chiseled physique from what I can tell.. http://portfolios.models.com/400707/

i see what you mean fmo the last photo. They have similar skin tone and hair colour, but apart from that Baptiste is way fiercer :ninja: :blink: