Size: 150 x 84

Lucia Dvorska

211t4zn.gif

Jarah Mariano

fkxo46.gif

:o No Ana or Marisa??? :(

I'm surprised ABB isn't in it this year. Not surprised about Marisa though, since last year we knew weeks ahead of time that she was in it again, but had nothing to go on this year.

Still shocked!

Thank you!

It is wonderful to see a different type there, she is so unique looking!

I don't think she will win but I am glad she is doing more :nicole:

Don't pretend you're not about to commit suicide that Cintia is in something as trashy as SI. :p

wow!

sooooooooooo excited to see Hilary and Cintia!! they're both amaaazing!

Marisa must not be in it due to her VS Angel contract. that's just about the only reason i can think of. she's been in it the past how many years??

i had entirely forgotten about the SI Swimsuit issue. tragic, eh? i guess we should start seeing pics soon!

It's not just the red hair dude, be nice! Don't roll your eyes at me! :trout:

:hug:

Marisa must not be in it due to her VS Angel contract. that's just about the only reason i can think of. she's been in it the past how many years??

I doubt it. I'd assume seven consecutive years was enough and so it was time to bow out on a high note. But then again, Selita is an Angel too, and she's mysteriously absent now. :unsure: With ABB out too, maybe SI is distancing themselves from VS. :laugh:

I just realized Jeisa got cut. :shock:

really -- i think giving the cover to Marisa last year was a brilliant choice. she was really on a role with her work outside of SI and was right at the cusp of becoming super-famous. i would argue that landing the SI cover really was the thing that catapulted her into the limelight. also because it was timed perfectly with her signing the Angel contract.

sometimes getting the SI cover doesn't do your career any good. for example, what has Yamila Diaz done since her cover? or Elsa Benitez? or Veronica Varekova (wait - did she ever land a cover?)? the answer = nothing, really. and they didn't turn up much buzz for the magazine either.

sooooooooo, in order for it to be mutually beneficial, SI has to choose a model who has plenty of other work or exposure OUTSIDE of SI and who is not at the end of her career, but just on the brink of stardom. if that lines up, then the cover will get tons of press and do wonders for both the model and the magazine sales.

a perfect example would be Doutzen Kroes. she is just now on the verge of superstardom. she has a huge fanbase, a handful of exclusive modelling contracts (including that ever important VS Angel one) but she isn't quite FAMOUS(!) yet. put her on the SI cover and it might be enough to get her there.

or Miranda Kerr. again, has the big Angel contract. plus the David Jones one. she's right on the verge of really becoming a famous supermodel. and obviously she's always in the press for dating Orlando. her on the cover would sell. sell. SELL. and it would be a HUGE grab for her as well.

but if they put someone like Jessica White -- someone who, admittedly, is extremely hot and has done the mag a bunch of times but who ultimately has no other projects in the works and nothing else to keep her in the press once the SI publicity is over -- it wouldn't benefit either her OR the magazine.

since Doutzen isn't on the list of models who are IN the issue (*obviously it's again due to some clause in the VS contract -- as we see that NONE of the Angels - aside from Selita - are in it*) i think the best and most mutually beneficial model choices would be:

Bar: she's already become quite well known due to her dating Leo DiCaprio and because of her SI work. she's hot and popular amongst the men's mags and gossip sites.

Selita: she's a VS Angel. has done the SI issue before. is growing in popularity and fame and is an awesome spokesmodel. she'd be a great choice. ****ETA: WOW! just noticed that Selita isn't even IN the issue. SI and VS are no longer even remotely bedfellows. which is stupid, i think, because when a model does BOTH, she can easily become a household name and thus become a much more successful spokesmodel for the brands -- see Heidi, Tyra, Laetitia, etc)

Hilary: a fashion darling. probably quite recognizable to the public, but i'm sure entirely nameless. she'd make a great choice because this could be her "in" to the high-profit commercial "sexy model" world. plus, because she's a respected and still working high fashion model, she could bring a credibility to the magazine and people would still get to see her. also a plus - she's American.

really -- i think giving the cover to Marisa last year was a brilliant choice. she was really on a role with her work outside of SI and was right at the cusp of becoming super-famous. i would argue that landing the SI cover really was the thing that catapulted her into the limelight. also because it was timed perfectly with her signing the Angel contract.

sometimes getting the SI cover doesn't do your career any good. for example, what has Yamila Diaz done since her cover? or Elsa Benitez? or Veronica Varekova (wait - did she ever land a cover?)? the answer = nothing, really. and they didn't turn up much buzz for the magazine either.

It probably helped Yamila land the covers of & be in billions of other magazines and be on talk shows, other TV shows, adverts - including ones on TV, calendars, books and probably helped her get lots more modelling work, and she was in every SI issue since, up to and including the 2007 one, and she's been on the SI cover twice. And lots more stuff too. Yamila has modelled for just as much Marisa.

or Veronica Varekova (wait - did she ever land a cover?)?

Yes I think in 2004

Yeah - it's weird that all of the bigger VS girls are no longer doing SI! I noticed that too. :/

However, Cinthia Dicker's been doing a lot of VS catalog work lately, for Pink, and Hilary Rhoda modeled for swim wear a few times for VS. Jessica White did last year's VSFS, and Anne V walked in this year's - so they might just be very very remote bed fellows still. :p

The preview site is up.

Add "data 'dot' xml" to the above URL, and you get the data file for the Flash video player... ...which lists all the models! :whistle:

Also, preview videos (even for days beyond today) are available by adding the following after the URL above:

'slash' assets 'slash' (number from 1 to 6) 'dot' flv

Come again??? I can't get it to work---could someone please help me??? :ninja:

It probably helped Yamila land the covers of & be in billions of other magazines and be on talk shows, other TV shows, adverts - including ones on TV, calendars, books and probably helped her get lots more modelling work, and she was in every SI issue since, up to and including the 2007 one, and she's been on the SI cover twice. And lots more stuff too.

or Veronica Varekova (wait - did she ever land a cover?)?

Yes I think in 2004

right -- Yamila HAS obviously been a successful working model. but she is by no means FAMOUS in any respect. and she hasn't done any really recognizable fashion work. she's making tons of money (probably more money than even some of the more successful high fashion girls) but landing the SI cover didn't allow for her to make a transition into SUPERMODELdom.