Bellazon

Zlatan İbrahimoviç
Thumbnail

Nika 777

brahimovic perplexed by draw

AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic admits he is unsure over how to react following their enthralling 4-4 draw with Udinese.

Italian national striker Antonio Di Natale opened Udinese's account in the 35th minute but Brazilian Alexandre Pato equalized for the home outfit in first-half injury time.

It was only in the second half when the match exploded to life, with Alexis Sanchez and Di Natale firing the unfashionable visitors to a 3-1 lead.

A Mehdi Benatia own-goal and a second effort from Pato saw Milan claw their way back into the encounter before Denis seemed to have scored the winning goal for Udinese with just a minute left.

However, in a sensational turnaround of events, Swedish striker Ibrahimovic bagged an all important equalizer for his team in the third minute of added time to ensure both sides shared the spoils in the match.

"I don't know if this is a point earned or two dropped," Ibrahimovic declared to SkySport.

"We conceded four goals at home and this is never a good thing.

"Nevertheless with 13 minutes left to play they were winning 3-1 and therefore we have to be satisfied with a point.

"We are still top of the standings and managed to stretch our lead to six points this afternoon.

"Now we must continue to work and look to avoid such risks in the coming games."

Milan though are still at the summit of the Serie A standings with 40 points, four ahead of second placed Napoli.

• 2 months later...

Ibrahimovic plays down City rumours

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has played down rumours that he could join Manchester City at the end of the season.

Ibrahimovic has previously played for City boss Roberto Mancini at Inter Milan, and reports over the weekend have suggested that a reunion might be on the cards.

However, the Sweden international only joined AC Milan last summer from Barcelona and at 29 years of age, Ibrahimovic feels he is approaching the end of his career.

"Me at Manchester City? Well, I say nothing," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I still have three years left to play at AC Milan, then I see the end of my career.

"I don't have the strength to change and move one more time. But, in football things can change quickly."

Ibrahimovic has been banging in the goals for the Rossoneri this season, but will miss Saturday's potential title deciding derby with Inter because of suspension.

Ibra: AC Milan are the best in Italy

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says his AC Milan team-mates will have no one else to blame but themselves if they fail to win the Scudetto.

The 29-year-old striker is suspended for Saturday's potential title deciding derby with Inter after his red card against Bari in his last match. The Rossoneri currently lead Serie A and Inter by just two points ahead of the clash which could see their city rivals edge ahead of them with a victory.

However, Ibrahimovic is adamant that his side are the best in Italy and it will be up to them to prove this fact when the two teams meet this weekend.

"If we don't win the Scudetto it's our fault because we are the best team in Italy," he was quoted on website Football Italia as saying.

"The derby is important because it's more than a normal game. I have played in many derby matches and I know this. It would be great and important to win."

A draw would be enough for the Rossoneri to stay top of Serie A with seven games remaining after the weekend's round of matches. Third placed Napoli, who are three points adrift of the summit, host Lazio on Sunday.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...