Bellazon

Sexy Book Male Characters

Liz_twilighter

I want to thank you for this post... Because you just saved it from becoming an Edward Cullen/Twilight pow-wow :x

Aw. I guess you don't have an Edward Cullen shower curtain. I have man-crushes on lots of ugly old men. :blush:

Tyler Durden probably inspired me to bodybuild a bit back when I was 18. He had "charismatic male tribal leadership" written all over him. But of course, as time went by I thought about his character and released that he was, in essence, just another politician ;)

fightclub2.jpg

But he was a damn hot and he had that pull. That's the great thing about him. When you really think about it, you know he's nuts. But somehow he made it work and that makes his huge following (in the story) convincing. I mean, the oneliners are still quoted today. I have a soft spot for the movie and the book.

As for other characters:

-Clay Danvers (from the book: Bitten, by Kelly armstrong. I swear it's not cliché like the title suggests). I just loved the swagger, the deadpans and the fact he was unafraid of everything. Ofcourse he is the hottie in the book, so it's hard not to fall for him ;)

- Jeremy Danvers. Same book. It was really the character I liked, more than the described looks. "One did not argue with Jeremy. You could cuss, scream, throw things at him and he'd wait until you were tired. He would then calmly disagree with you and walk away." (or something along those lines, I'm pulling this straight from my head)

- John Rain, from the Rain series. He's an assassin, and I just love this character. "Once you get past the overall irony of the situation, you realize that killing a guy in the middle of his own health club has a lot to recommend it..." The fun thing about these books is that unlike most books, everything is described in detail. Not just 'a club' in 'city A' but a specific street or bar in Tokyo. The places described actually exist. When he makes a choice, it is explained why it works.

- Cal Thompson from the book "peeps". He's a nerd, a geek with fascination for biology. The explanations for common day things we encounter from a biological view are really entertaining. Ofcourse the book is not about that. But I like how he isn't your average walking Armani ad with a motorcycle.

There are A LOT more characters I know, but I'll have to think about it for a while.

Heeey I didn't mention them! :beating:

Of course you didn't, hun! I'm sorry! :blush:

Hug?

EDIT: I just saw you mentioned Lestat! OH GOD! I FUCKING LOVE/D HIM! :heart:

You are forgiven as long as you don't mean that Queen of The Damned Lestat!

:p

Of course not! It's all about "The Vampire Lestat" (except all that present day/rock star bullshit <_< ) and "Interview With a Vampire Lestat". I never quite understood people's fascination with Louis. Okay, he understood the whole point of the mortality trade-off and was disgusted with it, blah, blah, blah... but honestly, other than being physically attractive, he was always whining about something and being and being annoying. Always spoiling Lestat's fun. :laugh:

But he was a damn hot and he had that pull. That's the great thing about him. When you really think about it, you know he's nuts. But somehow he made it work and that makes his huge following (in the story) convincing. I mean, the oneliners are still quoted today. I have a soft spot for the movie and the book.

Ms. Expresso,

It was quite a movie and for me at that time, it brought a visual dimension for understanding the nihilistic character.

From a male point of view.. for the most determined and accomplished of us he's not too much of a stretch from "normal"! It's embedded in our genes, this ambitious behavior. Many men don't want peace, they can't breathe in it, they want not to live in it! For these fiery souls.. if true purpose cannot be found, if final victory is unlikely to be achieved they would rather risk it all, tear open the world and make it bleed! It is this aspect of character that demagogues and "charismatic personalities" throughout history share.

I've seen and have understanding of some things..but it would involve me telling you much more about myself!

Your avatar..You like it when men do that?

I've seen and have understanding of some things..but it would involve me telling you much more about myself!

Well, I don't mind that. We're at a discussion forum after all ;)

Your avatar..You like it when men do that?

Haha! Coincidence I just changed it though. You know, I just really like Jensen Ackles (or actually: the characters he plays) and I didn't have a good avatar of him. But I have to say he looks damn sexy when he's throwing the killer glare/clenched jaw thing out there ;) Well, that's just my opinion, anyway.

Well, I don't mind that. We're at a discussion forum after all ;)

I will. A lot of thoughts came up but they are lengthly and I shall hold them for now. Just a bunch of experiences. Anyway,

I would not be surprised if the author of Fight Club read and based Tyler's character partially on philosopher Ernst Junger's autobiographical work Storm of Steel. It is a classic and is widely read by professional military officers throughout the world. In here and in his philosophical works, the unusually self-aware Junger exposed himself as the rare type of man who valued and acted upon a wide set of ideals over and above even his own physical survival. He believed that failure to defend his personal ideals would have made his life unbearable and not worth living. He did not believe in peace, idleness, and prosperity. He believed that in conflict there lay a higher state of mental awareness and thus the true meaning of life was to be found, elevated, & developed in the struggle and pain of overcoming the highest obstacles. In the Great War, he was one of a leaders of a special unit and was attacked and injured eleven times. Almost everybody in his unit eventually died yet for four years he continued fighting. And for his daring feats, he was awarded the highest honor from his country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_J%C3%BCnger

Haha! Coincidence I just changed it though. You know, I just really like Jensen Ackles (or actually: the characters he plays) and I didn't have a good avatar of him. But I have to say he looks damn sexy when he's throwing the killer glare/clenched jaw thing out there ;) Well, that's just my opinion, anyway.

So you like steely steel steel. There's his:

post-40981-0-1446080337-35338_thumb.jpg

Major Dick Winters and Colonel Hans von Luck were characters from my 17th year. I grew up worshiping military history and the martial spirit - it was the highest, most romantic ideal to me at the time. Colonel Hans von Luck represented the old guard, the old aristocratic Europe. Relentlessness and honor. He lead skillfully and distinguished himself. He conducted himself with chivalry while fighting for a hopeless side. Major Dick Winters was a different animal. He was, to me, a symbol of the next generation and a man that embodied the character of the relatively benign American hegemony that would last until the 60s. He grew up in a pacifist society and as a child of the depression. He rose to become one of the elite combat leaders of his generation. Victory in Europe could not have come without the will & determination of tens of thousands of industrious, intelligent, creative, and humane junior level officers like him. They were the greatest generation, and they completed our reputation.

So they were sexy! In that same year, I had the opportunity to attend either the most prestigious military institution in the world or attend the most well connected business school in the United States. But political events occurred that gave room for doubt as to the former.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Rhett Butler-Gone with the Wind

Mr. Darcy- Pride and Prejudice

Heathcliff- Wuthering Heights

Tom Riddle/Voldemort-Harry Potter series

Lestat- Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Dimitri Belikov- Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy (WAY BETTER than Twilight)

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Gallatin in The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon

This guy is Hot & make me feel like I want to be his bitch! Oh and the book is (Y) (Y) (Y)

A British secret agent goes behind German lines to stop a secret weapon from being launched against the Allies. The twist is that this agent is a werewolf. The book also includes some of the agent's history, namely how he became a werewolf.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...